Kids Taught to Praise Obama

There is nothing wrong with the children particiipating in the song, as long as the parents approve.

Is that really true? :doubt:

Having seen the number of times that schools with a predominantly Christian student body are prevented from celebrating Christian tradition (for example, not allowing the kids to do a nativity show for Christmas, or not singing Christmas carols), I wonder where the line is drawn.

where's ret gy sgt? he started a whole thread about liburals JUMPING to conclusions on the census bureau murder...as if republicans were not doing the SAME with this?

well, looks like this is for a book promotion...

it IS NOT in a public or private school...

A SHAME that some wingnut had to take this video that they KNEW was for a book promotion and IMPLY it was indoctrination in our schools...you know...just OUT RIGHT LIE about it to get EVERYONE, both left and right, pretty concerned over it...

ret sgt....at least liburals didn't have to FABRICATE the story on the the census guy's murder who had FED writen on his chest and hung, before speculating on why it happened...

BUT THIS, THIS was an INTENTIONAL falsification...the tape was taken from the book author's site, and put on youtube, with a lead header implying indoctrination by OBAMA....and sent to a kazillion so called conservative sites to spread around the net...just as it ended up here by a concerned right wing poster...

innocent of course, not knowing that the whole thing was fabricated to make them believe something that was clearly not the case, and made up by the original person that stole the tape from the author's personal site....

i hate this kind of political scummy-ness.... it soooooooo takes away from the real issues!

Care

this, from Hj's link, writen as comment under the taping...:

Update: After a bit of Internet sleuthing, I have found who appears to be behind the video: The publishers of a children's book titled, I Am Barack Obama by Charisse Carney-Nunes. A cover of the book is placed on an easel to the left of the children and the video was originally posted on the publisher's YouTube account in observance of Father's Day.

From their Web site, a description of the book followed by a review:

I Am Barack Obama is not a book about Barack Obama. Rather, it allows children to see themselves through the inspirational story of President Obama growing up as an ordinary child asking, "Who will change the world?" Ultimately, he realizes that he will. I Am Barack Obama highlights for children their personal power to change the world. In the backmatter, children share stories of the possibilities for their lives, as they aspire to the greatness they have seen in Barack. I Am Barack Obama is also the first children's digibook available interactively along with its companion print edition.

Children must be empowered to know for sure that they can change the world. Charisse has captured this incredible moment in history by writing a book that allows young people to see themselves in President Obama. To me and so many others, Barack Obama represents intelligence, judgement, courage and service. Yet, the power in I Am Barack Obama is not in Barack himself. The power, instead, is in each and every child who finds their purpose and manifests a new destiny through Barack's example.
— Hill Harper, Author/Actor/Activist and Harvard Law schoolmate of Carney-Nunes and President Obama

If it is indeed simply a book promotion and was with parental consent I have no issue. That said, your comment...

A SHAME that some wingnut had to take this video that they KNEW was for a book promotion and IMPLY it was indoctrination in our schools...you know...just OUT RIGHT LIE about it to get EVERYONE, both left and right, pretty concerned over it...

..is a bit naive IMO. Let's face it, cherry picking and slanting stories one way or the other is what political activists and bloggers do. Every day, a dozen or so threads are started right here using linked stories that are slanted one way or the other. This kids video is nothing new.

What was the term Donald Segretti used for such activities? Rat fucking? And that was nearly 40 years ago. The only difference is the fuckers are slightly more sophisticated about how they do it these days.

It appears the place is B Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington NJ, the video was prepared and shot by the book author who is a college friend of Barry's.

This is at Bernice Young School in Burlington, NJ. The school won't confirm or discuss it with the media, but many parents are outraged, saying they don't want politics in the classroom.

Obama's indoctrination continues.

The lyrics:

Lyrics -

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said that all must lend a hand [?]
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said we must be clear today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said Red, Yellow, Black or White
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Yes
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

Segue to -

Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all [do? doth??] say "hooray!"
Hooray Mr. President! You're number one!
The first Black American to lead this great na-TION!
Hooray, Mr. President something-something-some
A-something-something-something-some economy is number one again!
Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And the same for all Americans [in?] the great Red White and Blue!
So something Mr. President we all just something-some,
So here's a hearty hip-hooray a-something-something-some!
Hip, hip hooray! (3x)

Last edited:
It appears the place is B Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington NJ, the video was prepared and shot by the book author who is a college friend of Barry's.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh, well then, if this was done in a public school during school hours, or without their parents permission...this is Definitely wrong!!!

Not that it is a cool thing but regardless does anyone really have anything to worry over? I mean he can only be president at the most for 8 years, right? Or is it that the United States will be owned and operated by the world instead of the US citizens? Come to think of it the way the current system is pushed, hammered and controlled by big biz we may already be subject to the world government, maybe we are just naive in thinking we still have a government for the people by the people.

Interesting, if I were to play devil's advocate - oh I will - I have to say knowing lots of teachers today that children are just plain monsters and their parents equally crazy so if good values come from a song, or positive thoughts of others, come from a song, so be it. Can one imagine the conservative republican alternative song: I'll start it, help me finish.

Rob and steal it's the American way
Ronald Reagan
Who needs help too bad
Eric Cantor
Bomb and kill bomb and kill
Dick Cheney
Trickle down Trickle down
Hahahaha

Last edited:
Children have been indoctrinated to follow their countries leaders throughout history.

America is No different in this aspect.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGRtAobbbuw]YouTube - Hitler Youth[/ame]

ohhhhhhhhhhhh, well then, if this was done in a public school during school hours, or without their parents permission...this is Definitely wrong!!!

Agreed.

Double yikes.

Creepy to the 10th degree...

Not that the IDEA of the book is totally off base...because i do believe it is important for children in lower income areas to build their self esteem with an "Against all odds attitude" or "The little train the COULD" attitude...

my husband came from a father who just always had the defeatist attitude... God bless him, he was a loving person, but he did have a chip on his shoulder, and more than likely...justly so....but that chip, would relay to matt when a child, that "matt was just a MATT'S LAST NAME, nothing good ever happens to a MATT'S LAST NAME"....

It took me the first 5 years of marriage to break that kind of thinking that was ingrained to him by a parent...that he could accomplish whatever he wanted, that he was worth more than NOTHING, that he was smart and not stupid, that he was lucky and not unlucky, that he was destined for greatness and not a good for nothin' MATT'S LAST NAME.

And you know what, I was right and his Dad, God rest his soul, was wrong.

So, I can understand the concept of this book that these kids were acting for....they just used the wrong person.

Not that Obama has not been "an against all odds, anomaly", because he has been and a good roll model in this sense... just that things are so political today and we are a country divided by Party instead of one country now and something like this was BOUND to cause a ruckus... it would have caused a ruckus if this had been done at a public school for a book like this, using Clinton as well...FOR CERTAIN....even though he also was a rags to riches and accomplishment story as well, without a dad...yahdeedah...the odds were against him becoming a "somebody" were low as well imo.

care

Last edited:
Not that the IDEA of the book is totally off base...because i do believe it is important for children in lower income areas to build their self esteem with an "Against all odds attitude" or "The little train the COULD" attitude...

my husband came from a father who just always had the defeatist attitude... God bless him, he was a loving person, but he did have a chip on his shoulder, and more than likely...justly so....but that chip, would relay to matt when a child, that "matt was just a MATT'S LAST NAME, nothing good ever happens to a MATT'S LAST NAME"....

It took me the first 5 years of marriage to break that kind of thinking that was ingrained to him by a parent...that he could accomplish whatever he wanted, that he was worth more than NOTHING, that he was smart and not stupid, that he was lucky and not unlucky, that he was destined for greatness and not a good for nothin' MATT'S LAST NAME.

And you know what, I was right and his Dad, God rest his soul, was wrong.

So, I can understand the concept of this book that these kids were acting for....they just used the wrong person.

Not that Obama has not been "an against all odds, anomaly", because he has been and a good roll model in this sense... just that things are so political today and we are a country divided by Party instead of one country now and something like this was BOUND to cause a ruckus... it would have cause a ruckus if this had been done at a public school for a book like this, using Clinton as well...FOR CERTAIN....even though he also was a rags to riches and accomplishment story as well, without a dad...yahdeedah...the odds were against him becoming a "somebody" were low as well imo.

care

And the fact Obama spent most of his youth living a comfortable middle class lifestyle in the island paradise of Hawaii.

His is hardly the story of rags to riches - and in fact, his rise up the socio-economic ladder was made possible by the warm embrace of wealthy white liberal elites.

A fucking dumb azz ****** teacher, singing the praises of another dumbazz ******!!! What a joke!!! The bitch never passed the teacher's certification test i'm sure!!! Dat's union for ya!!! Impeach the beast!!! B hussein has got's to go bro!!!!!

A fucking dumb azz ****** teacher, singing the praises of another dumbazz ******!!! What a joke!!! The bitch never passed the teacher's certification test i'm sure!!! Dat's union for ya!!! Impeach the beast!!! B hussein has got's to go bro!!!!!
The way you spell and talk, makes me think you were one of her students :lol:

Oh that and you'd be right. I guess Xeno believes the insurance companies have a right to scare the seniors half to death about healthcare reform
Yes he does, if they chose to.

BTW, Barry bullshits so much it will be halrious if that shithead actually tried to bring a court case.

It appears you believe the constitution doesn't apply to Barryworld.

Let me give you a little idea of what I believe and you just said you don't:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

===============

What that means, yon budding facist, is the government can go fuck itself, you can say whatever the hell you want, and if the the GOVERNMENT threatens 'leagal action' they are violating the Constitution.

We warned you people when Chimp was POTUS that things like the patriot act were the first step in eroding your rights, it appears this youngster now accepts that his government can steal rights and silence critics.

Using your example, then, that school had every right to teach the kids a song to sing about Obama. You know, the freedom of speech, peaceably assembly and stuff.

Oh that and you'd be right. I guess Xeno believes the insurance companies have a right to scare the seniors half to death about healthcare reform
Yes he does, if they chose to.

BTW, Barry bullshits so much it will be halrious if that shithead actually tried to bring a court case.

It appears you believe the constitution doesn't apply to Barryworld.

Let me give you a little idea of what I believe and you just said you don't:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

===============

What that means, yon budding facist, is the government can go fuck itself, you can say whatever the hell you want, and if the the GOVERNMENT threatens 'leagal action' they are violating the Constitution.

We warned you people when Chimp was POTUS that things like the patriot act were the first step in eroding your rights, it appears this youngster now accepts that his government can steal rights and silence critics.

Using your example, then, that school had every right to teach the kids a song to sing about Obama. You know, the freedom of speech, peaceably assembly and stuff.

You really are a simpleton.

They take gov money, they are in fact VIOLATIONG the constitution, according to the supreme court.

Why don't you stick with what you are good at, I'm sure someone needs you to drool.

Sinatra said:
And the fact Obama spent most of his youth living a comfortable middle class lifestyle in the island paradise of Hawaii.

His is hardly the story of rags to riches - and in fact, his rise up the socio-economic ladder was made possible by the warm embrace of wealthy white liberal elites.

Of course. Just skip right over his indoctrination on the Southside of Chicago for three years working with the poorest of poor in programs to help pull themselves up by the bootstraps. It's where he sadly discovered that much of the "black" side of his race had not been so privileged.

Can't you just picture a white teacher making black children sing "Ode to Bush"

give me freakin tingles!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back