Kids Sing For Health Care On CNN

Kids Sing For Health Care On CNN

Oh for crying out loud!

They won't read the damn bill, they won't post the damn bill . . . but they'll be happy freakin' campers that all the children sing about the damn bill. :mad:

MM is right about the race thing. Where are all those who cry 'racism' every time someone even thinks that Obama's latest is anything but the greatest?

You know the bill is posted online, right? It has been for quite a while now.

I meant the final bill to be posted for 72 hours before it's voted on. I should have made that clearer.

As Congress lurches closer to a decision on an enormous overhaul of the American health care system, pressure is mounting on legislative leaders to make the final bill available online for citizens to read before a vote.

Congressional leaders fight against posting bills online

Oh for crying out loud!

They won't read the damn bill, they won't post the damn bill . . . but they'll be happy freakin' campers that all the children sing about the damn bill. :mad:

MM is right about the race thing. Where are all those who cry 'racism' every time someone even thinks that Obama's latest is anything but the greatest?

I meant the final bill to be posted for 72 hours before it's voted on. I should have made that clearer.

As Congress lurches closer to a decision on an enormous overhaul of the American health care system, pressure is mounting on legislative leaders to make the final bill available online for citizens to read before a vote.

And yet, with no vote in sight, the bill is ALREADY posted online....

Hmmm........ For those of us that believe health care in a wealthy nation is a reasonable right, it doesn't seem that ridicouos for children to sing for health care. Especially if they have none. After all, one small nation sang it's way to freedom.

You can bet that these very wealthy and fortunate kids who attend a big private school in Atlanta HAVE healthcare.

But here's the kicker...if 6 years ago, a bunch of kids had been doing a show-choir song on the news in favor of Bush and the war in Iraq, you'd have turned 16 shades of purple just prior to your mental hemmorage. So go wag your forked tongue elsewhere.

I may be mis-reading his original point, but I took it to mean that the politicians aren't reading the reform. It doesn't HAVE to be on line for THEM to read it. They have had MONTHS to read it as it has developed from it's original form. You can post it all over the internet, but you can't MAKE them read it. It has been said that they don't HAVE to read it. They already know what it says. Or they don't WANT to read it, because the language is too challenging.

Plus, no matter what's posted on line, there is always the possibility that the virtual bill and the actual bill to be signed are not the same. It would not surprise me one bit.

I may be mis-reading his original point, but I took it to mean that the politicians aren't reading the reform. It doesn't HAVE to be on line for THEM to read it. They have had MONTHS to read it as it has developed from it's original form. You can post it all over the internet, but you can't MAKE them read it. It has been said that they don't HAVE to read it. They already know what it says. Or they don't WANT to read it, because the language is too challenging.

Plus, no matter what's posted on line, there is always the possibility that the virtual bill and the actual bill to be signed are not the same. It would not surprise me one bit.

I'm not disagreeing with the point that politicians should be reading the bill. I think it's funny that it's always used as a smear against dems, and yet none of the republicans have read it either.

My comment was focused entirely on the argument that "Obama said the bills would be posted online... but he lied." Any bill, amendment, or resolution that passes across the floor of the senate is accessible online, on THOMAS.gov.

So who hired the bunch of kids in a TV video singing a song against taxes? This is a direct offensive move against Obama by some partisan organization. Surely, everyone who watches television has seen it.

So who hired the bunch of kids in a TV video singing a song against taxes? This is a direct offensive move against Obama by some partisan organization. Surely, everyone who watches television has seen it.

A move which NEVER would have been played had there not been all this hype about kids singing Obama-mania show tunes at school!!!! It is called SATIRE and was VERY effective because it gave you a real good dose of your own medicine.

I'm not disagreeing with the point that politicians should be reading the bill. I think it's funny that it's always used as a smear against dems, and yet none of the republicans have read it either.

My comment was focused entirely on the argument that "Obama said the bills would be posted online... but he lied." Any bill, amendment, or resolution that passes across the floor of the senate is accessible online, on THOMAS.gov.

Well, there'se SOMETHING posted on line. But it's not the final version. Let's not jump into the deep end of the pool of naivete'.

And for the sake of clarity...I didn't put a party affiliation with the members of congress who are not taking the time to read it. I think it's their responsible duty to read it and KNOW and UNDERSTAND what they are voting on.

Well, there'se SOMETHING posted on line. But it's not the final version. Let's not jump into the deep end of the pool of naivete'.
There is no final bill yet.

And for the sake of clarity...I didn't put a party affiliation with the members of congress who are not taking the time to read it. I think it's their responsible duty to read it and KNOW and UNDERSTAND what they are voting on.

I agree, and the party affiliation thing was not directed towards you at all.

A move which NEVER would have been played had there not been all this hype about kids singing Obama-mania show tunes at school!!!! It is called SATIRE and was VERY effective because it gave you a real good dose of your own medicine.

Bullshit. I see no satire in it because that ad actually makes good sense. Nice attempt at spin, though.

Forum List

Back