Kids in general...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Generally speaking, are kids better off today then they were 50 years ago? 50 years ago, kids played out doors, got lots of fresh air and sunshine, and didn't have as many bad things to get into as the kids of today have. They were not as many obese kids because they got more exercise and outdoor activities. They were more polite, showed more respect, and even dressed better than the kids of today dress. Today's kids leave much to be desired when you compare them to the kids of 50 years ago. Many of them are overweight, snotty, spoiled rotten brats and lack any degree of respect. When caught in some misdeeds they almost instantly say "I'm sorry." like it's going to solve all of their problems. They don't hold a candle to kids of yesterday. That's only my opinion. What is yours? Are kids today better than the kids of 50 years ago or vice versa.

I don't think either are better, what you said about exercise and respect is true, but i don't think we should lump all kids together. Yes some are like that but you find very polite children as well.

I like this article; I hope you can continue to the fund! This article feel good, there are deep moral, mood is not bad, you have such thoughts, I am very impressed. You are great!Although I am just passing through, but I think I will be your feelings these words long. Thank you, so that I can share with you.

get into as the kids of today have. They were not as many obese kids because they got more exercise and outdoor activities. They were more polite, showed more respect, and even dressed better than the kids of today dress. Today's kids leave much to be desired when you compare them to the kids of 50 years ago. Many of them are overweight, snotty, spoiled rotten brats and lack any degree of respect. When caught in some misdeeds they almost instantly say "I'm sorry." like it's going to solve all of their problems. They don't hold a candle to kids of yesterday. That's only my opinion. What is yours? Are kids today better than the kids of 50 years ago or vice versa.

Yepper BBD and they did not even have TV to program them.

Most of them could actually entertain themselves without spending large amounts of money.

I don't think either are better, what you said about exercise and respect is true, but i don't think we should lump all kids together. Yes some are like that but you find very polite children as well.

Heck most teens now cannot say 4 words without cursing.

Yeah they sure are nice.

they try running their 4 wheelers in my fields (some with crops besides hay).
Try sneaking on my land hunting without permission. I have livestock.

And you try talking to their parents and they puff all up and defentd their children for doing wrong. I gave up and just call the cops and put a few shots in their direction now.
When I was a kid I would have been punished severely for misbehaving like that on someone elses property.

It is ALL the parents fault.
Kids today have some real sucky assed role models. Men who shove women down and stomp them and such.... Actors who are in and out of rehab, etc.

Last edited:
I like this article; I hope you can continue to the fund! This article feel good, there are deep moral, mood is not bad, you have such thoughts, I am very impressed. You are great!Although I am just passing through, but I think I will be your feelings these words long. Thank you, so that I can share with you.

:eusa_eh: Why are you posting that same thing over and over..like 20 times now?

Liberal academia convinced us for years that we should encourage our children to "express themselves" in unseemly ways, if they wanted to, to "experience" life, god forbid anyone use corporal punishment, and leave teaching about sex to the schools, because the church and parents have had it wrong for millenia and today's progressives know better!

So you bet. Kids are ruder, have no boundaries, have a sense of entitlement and no sense of consquences for unacceptable behavior because for decades, we were told there was no such thing as unacceptable behavior in a kid. Now those kids are raising their own. Lovely, aren't they?

Oh, and we were also told to stop placing so much value on things like, oh, marriage, attending church, participating in outdoor activities together (think mowing the yard, raking leaves, cleaning the pool) because hardly anyone has time to do those things anymore. We're a society of two working parent families....tell me, if you're never together how on earth can you foster a work ethic and enjoy family time togehter?

you destroy the family unit, you destroy the fabric of society, and that is what has happened in this country over the last 40 years. We've convinced everyone that morality is relative, that religion is evil, that children can be expected to have sex...and that children are expendable through abortion. What do you expect?

The clothing thing is just different...kids used to have a couple of outfits, that weren't washed ona daily basis. They had a couple of outfits for school, one pair of shoes, a coat, underwear and socks. They looked better because they were made of durable material to hold up for the year, and hopefully be passed down to the next kid and eventually made into a quilt. Our textiles and our attitude about proper attire for school (and our washing methods and frequency) have changed draastically. That's just what it is, I don't know we need to go back to making all the little kids wear scratchy wool flannel all year, lol.

:eusa_eh: Why are you posting that same thing over and over..like 20 times now?

The post has been twice-thanked. Or maybe he's just half-baked.

And young people have no grasp of reality.

the reality is that kids today can expect to enjoy a diminised lifestyle, not as nice as the ones their parents enoyed. It's the first time in US history that this as taken place. It's a sign of regression, decline and decay.

And I think, blu, you are a perfect example of an elitist, spoiled shitwad who will be very surprised when you lose the funding you've always been provided , and find that you don't have the skills, and there won't be the jobs available, for you to maintain the lifestyle to which you have become accustomed.

More and more (adult) kids are moving back in with mommy and daddy. and expecting Mommy and daddy to raise their children for them while they run and have fun.

And btw no one had to listen to the DR Spock crap.

And I think, blu, you are a perfect example of an elitist, spoiled shitwad who will be very surprised when you lose the funding you've always been provided , and find that you don't have the skills, and there won't be the jobs available, for you to maintain the lifestyle to which you have become accustomed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I moved out the day I finished college (stayed in the dorms during, on full scholarship that I *earned* through high school grades and ACT score), *AND* I helped found a company that by next year will be one of the biggest in the area

but think what you wish

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

edit:

also, I was giving nothing but the basics while growing up and had to pay the entirety of my phone, car, insurance, any other extras, at times my own clothes and school supplies, etc so its funny to hear about "funding always provided" and "spoiled"

Last edited:
More and more (adult) kids are moving back in with mommy and daddy. and expecting Mommy and daddy to raise their children for them while they run and have fun.

And btw no one had to listen to the DR Spock crap.

moving back in responsibly (without kids and without the partying) is actually a smart thing to do. instead of paying rent you can save the $$ you earn from your first job and get your own property years before people who move out and waste all the $$ on rent and the other bills.

I do think people moving back in should pay something to their parents though for it, but that will still be way less than rent, power, etc

I hate brats as much as the next person, but the idea of kids rebelling against their parents in constructive ways is a great thing. most parents are dumbasses and if their kids followed in their footsteps they also would become dumbass losers their whole life.

For instance my parents tried to restrict my activities on the computer for no sensible reason, so I taught my self how to get around every restriction they placed and perform actions (do what I wanted) without them noticing, and this led a life long passion of comp security and now I am part founder of a flourishing company in that field

Generally speaking, are kids better off today then they were 50 years ago? 50 years ago, kids played out doors, got lots of fresh air and sunshine, and didn't have as many bad things to get into as the kids of today have. They were not as many obese kids because they got more exercise and outdoor activities. They were more polite, showed more respect, and even dressed better than the kids of today dress. Today's kids leave much to be desired when you compare them to the kids of 50 years ago. Many of them are overweight, snotty, spoiled rotten brats and lack any degree of respect. When caught in some misdeeds they almost instantly say "I'm sorry." like it's going to solve all of their problems. They don't hold a candle to kids of yesterday. That's only my opinion. What is yours? Are kids today better than the kids of 50 years ago or vice versa.

Yes, kids today are better off. Upward mobility is so much easier now than in 1960.

The catch today is that they actually have to earn it. Harvard doesn't guarantee millions, state school doesn't guarantee upper middle class, but anyone can open a gas station. An excellent education used to mean access to information, and that was expensive. Now it costs less than a smoking habit.

Forum List

Back