Kids dont need Uzis

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Boy, 8, accidentally kills self at gun show - Life - MSNBC.com

An 8-year-old boy died after accidentally shooting himself in the head while firing an Uzi submachine gun under adult supervision at a gun fair.

The boy lost control of the weapon while firing it Sunday at the Machine Gun Shoot and Firearms Expo at the Westfield Sportsman's Club, police Lt. Lawrence Vallierpratte said.

The boy, Christopher Bizilj of Ashford, Conn., was with a certified instructor and "was shooting the weapon down range when the force of the weapon made it travel up and back toward his head, where he suffered the injury," a police statement said.

clearly, a mac 10 would have been a better choice for the kid.

This was clearly an accident. Life happens. Was it a poor choice by the DOCTOR FATHER? well, thats a decision HE will have to live with. But not you who, im assuming, would not take your kid to a firing range like this.

Clearly I would never put such a spray weapon in the hands of my children.... but my kids (the youngest being 9) have learned to respect and handle the likes of an AR-15..

tragic mistake in judgment leading to an awful tragedy indeed...

I am surprised they have insurance. Local Ranges here won't even allow children under the age of 16 on the range much less fire any weapon. The reason? They can not afford the insurance to do that. 16 and 17 have to have a parent or Guardian with them at all times.

That's just sad. No way should an eight year old child be allowed to shoot a fully automatic weapon.
I doubt they stay in business for much longer.

Truthmatters Wrote:
Wheres all the gun people to praise this practice?

I worry about people who stoop to writing stupid crap like this. Supporting a constitutionally granted right has nothing to do with supporting people who obviously did not provide a safe and intelligent environment in which to enjoy and use guns.

Only an idiot would praise giving a child that was far too young a gun they could not handle and celebrating a heinous accident. Only a bigger idiot would expect people who support the 2nd amendment to celebrate the death of a child because of stupidity and an unsafe situation.

Truthmatters Wrote:

I worry about people who stoop to writing stupid crap like this. Supporting a constitutionally granted right has nothing to do with supporting people who obviously did not provide a safe and intelligent environment in which to enjoy and use guns.

Only an idiot would praise giving a child that was far too young a gun they could not handle and celebrating a heinous accident. Only a bigger idiot would expect people who support the 2nd amendment to celebrate the death of a child because of stupidity and an unsafe situation.

I've tried to give you points three times today, but apparently I'm not able to yet. Just so you know! :D

I felt terrible when I saw this story. Of course. Who didn't?

Thanks Valerie. I appreciate knowing that you understand where I'm coming from on this one.

This story is heartbreaking. Not only is a young child dead - but he is dead because of the stupidity and lack of safety provided by adults who should have known better.

To imply that because a person supports gun rights that they would not be sickened by this story is just ludicrous. And to imply that because a person supports the 2nd Amendment they are somehow ok with giving a small child a gun that they can not handle in an unsafe situation is equally ludicrous.

Boy, 8, accidentally kills self at gun show - Life - MSNBC.com

An 8-year-old boy died after accidentally shooting himself in the head while firing an Uzi submachine gun under adult supervision at a gun fair.

The boy lost control of the weapon while firing it Sunday at the Machine Gun Shoot and Firearms Expo at the Westfield Sportsman's Club, police Lt. Lawrence Vallierpratte said.

The boy, Christopher Bizilj of Ashford, Conn., was with a certified instructor and "was shooting the weapon down range when the force of the weapon made it travel up and back toward his head, where he suffered the injury," a police statement said.

So the purpose of trotting this tragic accident out is to blame that firearm?

ROFLMNAO...

Can ya tell us exactly how this accident is more preventable and more lamentable than the death of the same youngster had he died while bicycling, skate boarding, surfing or practicing Martial Arts...?

Let the record reflect that this attempt to misdirect responsibility to a firearm by this member is an act of unbridled IDIOCY.

Tell that to these kids:

pal_kids_w_guns_1970_1.jpg

Wheres all the gun people to praise this practice?

Why should they? What's a "gun people?"

Do I have the Right to own and possess firearms granted to me by the Second Amendment? Yes, I do.

Do I own a small arsenal? Why yes, as a matter of fact, that too.

Do I consider allowing a child to fire an Uzi without close, hands on supervision irresponsible gun ownership? Yeppers to that one too.

Have I EVER advocated irresponsible gun ownership? Here's your fucking NO!

Now you know why some regulation of behaviour is required in any area of societal life. Some people are so fucking stupid their kids have to be protected from their fucking stupidity. Kids don't know, adults should, the idiots involved in this should be charged with manslaughter.

Forum List

Back