Kids Didn't Hear Obama, But Will Be Bussed For Bush

yeah, its the same
sure thing
:rolleyes:
you are no conservative if you really think that

Oh I'm a conservative......an honest onewho will call a spade a spade and won't blindly support a party. Tell me, what specifically did you find offensive or questionable about Obama's address to students? The part about working hard? Setting goals? Staying in school? Personal responsibility? Which part do you take exception to? What substantial difference do you think there will be in Bush's speech to the 5th graders?

if the prez's speech was just about that....WHY did they have to change it?.....just askin....

They didn't. They changed one part of the "recommended" lesson plan that was distributed for the older grades.
Then the whole thing blew up into yet another partisan pissing contest. :rolleyes:

Oh I'm a conservative......an honest onewho will call a spade a spade and won't blindly support a party. Tell me, what specifically did you find offensive or questionable about Obama's address to students? The part about working hard? Setting goals? Staying in school? Personal responsibility? Which part do you take exception to? What substantial difference do you think there will be in Bush's speech to the 5th graders?

if the prez's speech was just about that....WHY did they have to change it?.....just askin....

They didn't. They changed one part of the "recommended" lesson plan that was distributed for the older grades.
Then the whole thing blew up into yet another partisan pissing contest. :rolleyes:
it was the lesson plan that was the problem in the first place
but to compare these two very different events is dishonest at best

I don't see a problem with it. Of course, I don't see a problem with the so-called political aspect of anything involved here. What was that old saying, a tempest in a teapot?

I don't see a problem with it. Of course, I don't see a problem with the so-called political aspect of anything involved here. What was that old saying, a tempest in a teapot?
i dont know, i thought the whole "write a letter to yourself on how you can help the president" was a bit much
but they scrapped that part

I don't care if these student will hear from Bush and Laura about education, and I am sure the students will enjoy hearing from a President. The point is they had a problem with one president talking about education but don't have a problem with another doing the same thing.
there is a difference in the events
and, Bush is no longer president

when Bush was president, it ws no problem speaking to kids
when his father was president, it was no problem speaking to kids
when Ronnie was president, it was no problem speaking to kids
Every other president in history who spoke to the kids....no problem..

This president......well, there IS something different about him. I just cant figure it out. (hint hint, its got nothing to do with politics).

I don't care if these student will hear from Bush and Laura about education, and I am sure the students will enjoy hearing from a President. The point is they had a problem with one president talking about education but don't have a problem with another doing the same thing.
there is a difference in the events
and, Bush is no longer president

when Bush was president, it ws no problem speaking to kids
when his father was president, it was no problem speaking to kids
when Ronnie was president, it was no problem speaking to kids
Every other president in history who spoke to the kids....no problem..

This president......well, there IS something different about him. I just cant figure it out. (hint hint, its got nothing to do with politics).
thus proving once again that zo na is a fucking idiot

but zo na will continue to post that strawman that no one ever complained about

Last edited:

i dont know, i thought the whole "write a letter to yourself on how you can help the president" was a bit much

It's not what I would have chosen, but there's nothing particularly sinister about it either. Remember, it was intended as part of a suggested lesson plan for kids grade 7 - 12. You honestly think their hormonal little minds are into political agendas?

It's not what I would have chosen, but there's nothing particularly sinister about it either. Remember, it was intended as part of a suggested lesson plan for kids grade 7 - 12. You honestly think their hormonal little minds are into political agendas?
hell, i just thought it strange to ask them to write a letter to themselves

:lol:

hell, i just thought it strange to ask them to write a letter to themselves

:lol:

OK, you got me there. But it does save on the stamp.

yeah, its the same
sure thing
:rolleyes:
you are no conservative if you really think that

Care to provide documentation on the "changed" speech? Some of the suggested lesson plan put together by the department of education was changed, but there is no evidence the speech changed. In fact, it was made available prior to him actually giving the speech. Just sayin...

Of course that whole birth cerificate thing is another matter. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back