Kids Didn't Hear Obama, But Will Be Bussed For Bush

no, you are right
the story's premise is faulty
the field trip isnt to "go see George Bush" its to the cowboys stadium of which George Bush will be but ONE of the MANY people there

Come on DC, you're spinning a little there. It is a field trip to the Cowboy's stadium just like it is a field trip to the science museum. Those are merely the locations where the field trip is taking place. The program being put on for the students is what counts. They are simply going to the Cowboy's stadium to see Bush and other celebrities, not to see the stadium.
no, its a special event for the new stadium

If you read the article, you will see that isn't true. The North Texas Super Bowl Host Committee invited 28 fifth-grade classes to attend several months ago. In addition to hearing from Bush and former first lady Laura Bush, the students will hear from legendary Dallas Cowboys players and North Texas business and community leaders. The event launches the Super Bowl committee's largest-ever youth education program.

That is why they are going. Where it is being held is irrelevant to the stated purpose.

for those that want to find out about the ACTUAL event

North Texas Super Bowl XLV Host Committee

Thing is I don't have a problem with the event, although missing school for a trip to the stadium seems a little bizarre even in the other football capital of the world.
While I think it's ridiculous, I can even at least understand why the school didn't show Obama's speech. That's a deep red area and school boards are elected, after all. There's a logical explanation there.
I guess I'm not really sure why I'm posting on this thread. :redface:
Carry on!
oh, if you want to talk about the school attending this even aside from who is gonna be there then that's another thing

Come on DC, you're spinning a little there. It is a field trip to the Cowboy's stadium just like it is a field trip to the science museum. Those are merely the locations where the field trip is taking place. The program being put on for the students is what counts. They are simply going to the Cowboy's stadium to see Bush and other celebrities, not to see the stadium.

If you read the article, you will see that isn't true. The North Texas Super Bowl Host Committee invited 28 fifth-grade classes to attend several months ago. In addition to hearing from Bush and former first lady Laura Bush, the students will hear from legendary Dallas Cowboys players and North Texas business and community leaders. The event launches the Super Bowl committee's largest-ever youth education program.

That is why they are going. Where it is being held is irrelevant to the stated purpose.
and its not a political event

and it IS a special event for the new stadium as well as the fact they are hosting a super bowl
its the whole reason for the event

Last edited:

and it IS a special event for the new stadium as well as the fact they are hosting a super bowl

And the former President is a Texan and a sports buff. I get that part. But don't we glorify sports over education enough already?
I mean, see the av - I like football. But I like U of A football because it's my alma mater. First things first.

And the former President is a Texan and a sports buff. I get that part. But don't we glorify sports over education enough already?
I mean, see the av - I like football. But I like U of A football because it's my alma mater. First things first.
and if Little Rock had an NFL team you would likely support them

and if they had a brand new stadium and were prepping to host a super bowl, they would likely have similar events planned

Originally Posted by American Horse
This with GHWB is a local affair, and really is irrelevant to the discussion of what Obama had planned.

What Republicans objected to, unlike with Bush the Elder's talk to students, was the president speaking to all students through out the country. He should've made an appearance at one school like George W. (the elder) Bush.
I'm always on point! So much so that you are always reduced to spiteful personal attacks.
the subject here wasnt what was previously done, moron
its about an event for the new Cowboys Stadium that is opening this fall
former pres George HW Bush will be one of MANY speakers at this event
they are not going to see Bush, they are going to the EVENT

now, get your head out of your ass for a change

As always you prove my observations of your knee-jerk programming.

I replied to a post that falsely claimed Bush's speech was to one classroom only. I even highlighted that part for you to be able to follow what I was responding to.

But STILL you played dumb expecting to get away with it. :cuckoo:

Thank you for the neg rep! As I have said before, every time I nail you in your STUPIDITY you are reduced to nothing but SPITE. :rofl:

In this example, you can't deny the post I replied to was about the 1991 speech of G HW Bush (the elder) and not the Dallas stadium speech of G W Bush (the junior) and you can't admit you were WRONG because you think Bush the elder is speaking at the stadium, so you spitefully neg rep me rather than manning-up and admitting you were confused.
You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO predictable!!! :rofl:
Thank you again.

How is a Cowboy's Stadium field trip educational? Field trips around here are mostly science based to the Aquarium or to locales for geology, stream/river tests, the planetarium......or to museums.

The NFL is so expensive, regular people are excluded. TV is their best bet.

I call field tripe.

It's Texas, what do you expect? In that state, multi-millionaires build 40,000 seat stadiums for high school football games. Football is religion.

Maybe one of the students should take a pigskin, punt it and try and hit the scoreboard.

and if they had a brand new stadium and were prepping to host a super bowl, they would likely have similar events planned

Maybe. There's that whole Fayetteville-Little Rock thing going on. :lol:
But I wouldn't want my kids taken out of school to go see it. That's one of the things weekends are for.

But I wouldn't want my kids taken out of school to go see it. That's one of the things weekends are for.
oops, thats right, you are likely a steelers fan
LOL

Like it fucking matters if they missed it in school anyway, they are blasting that bullshit speech he made in place of cartoons anyway. Why are you all whining about kids who weren't forced to see it in school?

oops, thats right, you are likely a steelers fan
LOL

Gee, how did you guess? But I like college better than the pros.
Now if my kids were taken out of school to tour a college campus including a stop at the stadium, I'd be all for it.

How is a Cowboy's Stadium field trip educational? Field trips around here are mostly science based to the Aquarium or to locales for geology, stream/river tests, the planetarium......or to museums.

The NFL is so expensive, regular people are excluded. TV is their best bet.

I call field tripe.

after listening to Bush and the others,if they are still awake,they are going to study the geology of the field,then visit the tropical fish tank and top it off with the Planetarium inside.....

will you at least get into the topic and not bring up something totally unrelated
you are such a fuckup

I'm always on point! So much so that you are always reduced to spiteful personal attacks.

Simply not true. The stadium is already open for business. OU played BYU there last Saturday. The Cowboys will be playing there before this event is held. If you go to the stadium's website Home, you won't find this event even listed. The stadium is simply being used as a venue for an event being held by the North Texas Super Bowl Host Committee's largest ever youth education program. It is a group that lobbied to have the Super Bowl in DFW and this is one of their community outreach programs. Because it is sports related folks, they are holding it at the venue where they want the super bowl played. It is not a stadium event. It is a Texas Super Bowl Host Committee event. There is a difference.

Simply not true. The stadium is already open for business. OU played BYU there last Saturday. The Cowboys will be playing there before this event is held. If you go to the stadium's website Home, you won't find this event even listed. The stadium is simply being used as a venue for an event being held by the North Texas Super Bowl Host Committee's largest ever youth education program. It is a group that lobbied to have the Super Bowl in DFW and this is one of their community outreach programs. Because it is sports related folks, they are holding it at the venue where they want the super bowl played. It is not a stadium event. It is a Texas Super Bowl Host Committee event. There is a difference.
just a subtle difference
the stadium JUST OPENED
sheeesh

just a subtle difference
the stadium JUST OPENED
sheeesh

More than subtle DC. The actual intent of the field trip is for some 5th grade students to go hear Bush and other political and sports celebrities basically tell them the same kind of thing Obama did......which people bitched about and the school system there refused to show. The intent of the field trip is not to go see the stadium as you presented in a claim that it was not the same kind of thing Obama did.

just a subtle difference
the stadium JUST OPENED
sheeesh

More than subtle DC. The actual intent of the field trip is for some 5th grade students to go hear Bush and other political and sports celebrities basically tell them the same kind of thing Obama did......which people bitched about and the school system there refused to show. The intent of the field trip is not to go see the stadium as you presented in a claim that it was not the same kind of thing Obama did.
yeah, its the same
sure thing
:rolleyes:
you are no conservative if you really think that

just a subtle difference
the stadium JUST OPENED
sheeesh

yeah, its the same
sure thing

Oh I'm a conservative......an honest onewho will call a spade a spade and won't blindly support a party. Tell me, what specifically did you find offensive or questionable about Obama's address to students? The part about working hard? Setting goals? Staying in school? Personal responsibility? Which part do you take exception to? What substantial difference do you think there will be in Bush's speech to the 5th graders?

yeah, its the same
sure thing

Oh I'm a conservative......an honest onewho will call a spade a spade and won't blindly support a party. Tell me, what specifically did you find offensive or questionable about Obama's address to students? The part about working hard? Setting goals? Staying in school? Personal responsibility? Which part do you take exception to? What substantial difference do you think there will be in Bush's speech to the 5th graders?

if the prez's speech was just about that....WHY did they have to change it?.....just askin....

yeah, its the same
sure thing

who said i found anything offensive in it???

i'm just saying they are comparing apples to engine parts comparing this event in Dallas to Obamas event with the schools
or are you not independent enough to see that

Forum List

Back