KIDS are those 0 to 20 years of age

Clearly, you already know.

Some people deal with their issues in different ways. This is one of great things about the anonimity of the Internet. I'm not sure that stalking is a productive response to it though.

Stalking? Nah. She dumped her load in my thread; I merely shoveled it where appropriate. Stalking would be PMing her to death, and repping the snot out of her. Perhaps you might want to familiarize yourself with the definition of it, and see if perhaps the same can't be said about you jumping all over me for a conversation you aren't part of, and projecting your own opnions onto me?

This isn't your thread. This is BaltimoreBob's thread. If you were having a problem on your thread, you should have kept it there. I'm sure BB appreciates you dragging your shit over here.

For the record, since you are now trying to define stalking and then accuse me of it, I haven't rep'd you nor PM'd you have I?

I believe my first post was directly on point to the OP and directly military related. I didn't get misdirected until you got completely insane.

I haven't repped or PM'd Amanda, either. So I guess by your definition, I'm not stalking her, any more than you're stalking me?

Incidentally, just for the record, you sought me out first; I never said a word to you. You're the one that said "Let's look at me - not Amanda", thereby inserting yourself into a conversation you weren't originally part of. You could have simply stayed on topic here. Prior to your going off the deep end, I THINK (tho I could be wrong) that my last post to THIS thread was last night. I guess it wasn't in your best interest to just continue on with your own discussion, huh?

Incidentally, Tech.. You screamed like a banshee at me for "misquoting" Amanda's "age" definition for an adult? I said 13-14, you screamed that she said 15-16, and there's a major difference between the two?

Here's Amanda's actual quote:

Sorry Bob, I've been drinking since I was quite young and fucking and fighting too. I don't think there's anything wrong with a 13 or 14 year old being given the responsibility of an "adult".

Care to retract anything you said regarding that?

It kills me to agree with Dis twice in one day. But she is absolutely correct in saying a minor that isn't self-sufficient doesn't deserve the title adult.

If the question was that, that answer would be correct.
Maybe I missed something but that is the question I thought you two were discussing.

Not as far as I'm concerned. I thought we were discussing Amanda, although I have no idea why. I tried to make it about me, but DIS wanted to stay on Amanda. I guess I'm not an easy enough target.

From my understanding the facts are that Amanda got a job where she was making pretty decent money and was maintaining herself as an independent person. She's now lost her job and has to consider what to do while she makes her next move.

One of those things might be moving in with friends or family. That sounds like a story retold a million times by people of all ages in this economy.

I don't see this as a case of someone who is a minor and unable to support themselves wanting to claim they are an adult. I'll also give you an argument if you say that someone who has lived independently as an adult and is forced by bad economic times to seek shelter, loses their adult card.

If the question was that, that answer would be correct.
Maybe I missed something but that is the question I thought you two were discussing.

Not as far as I'm concerned. I thought we were discussing Amanda, although I have no idea why. I tried to make it about me, but DIS wanted to stay on Amanda. I guess I'm not an easy enough target.

From my understanding the facts are that Amanda got a job where she was making pretty decent money and was maintaining herself as an independent person. She's now lost her job and has to consider what to do while she makes her next move.

One of those things might be moving in with friends or family. That sounds like a story retold a million times by people of all ages in this economy.

I don't see this as a case of someone who is a minor and unable to support themselves wanting to claim they are an adult. I'll also give you an argument if you say that someone who has lived independently as an adult and is forced by bad economic times to seek shelter, loses their adult card.

Obviously, you haven't got any idea what you're talking about, and just jumped in head first for the sake of jumping in.

I made it a little easier for you to catch up, tho, by pulling Amanda's 13-14 year old quote for you, if you'd care to go back and address that? It's 2 posts up from this one.

Incidentally, Tech.. You screamed like a banshee at me for "misquoting" Amanda's "age" definition for an adult? I said 13-14, you screamed that she said 15-16, and there's a major difference between the two?

Sorry Bob, I've been drinking since I was quite young and fucking and fighting too. I don't think there's anything wrong with a 13 or 14 year old being given the responsibility of an "adult".

I don't support that. I do think there are circumstances where a 16 year old can shoulder the responsibities of an adult and it is appropriate.

I didn't scream. I didn't use all caps. I brought it up as an inaccuracy. What I did scream about was the part about saying that moving back in with friends or family means you aren't an adult. The other I just mentioned.

Obviously, you haven't got any idea what you're talking about, and just jumped in head first for the sake of jumping in.

I made it a little easier for you to catch up, tho, by pulling Amanda's 13-14 year old quote for you, if you'd care to go back and address that? It's 2 posts up from this one.

Actually, from my first post on this thread, I did something you ought to do. I posted about what I KNEW. Namely me. That's why I said forget Amanda, look at my case. But you weren't having any. Unless I had come back and said I was 22 I'll bet.

I don't support that. I do think there are circumstances where a 16 year old can shoulder the responsibities of an adult and it is appropriate.

I didn't scream. I didn't use all caps. I brought it up as an inaccuracy. What I did scream about was the part about saying that moving back in with friends or family means you aren't an adult. The other I just mentioned.

And, further, she said 15-16 not 13-14. If you are going tear someone up, at least be accurate about your quotes of them.
<-- Your words. You brought it up as an incorrect inaccuracy. You really should read more about whatever fray you're choosing to jump head first into.

My point stands. You can't legally move out until you're 18, she's 18, and she's ready looking at moving back in. She is not a self-sufficient adult, no matter how you try and slice it.

Actually, from my first post on this thread, I did something you ought to do. I posted about what I KNEW. Namely me. That's why I said forget Amanda, look at my case. But you weren't having any. Unless I had come back and said I was 22 I'll bet.

What YOU tried to do was take a conversation between me and another person, and direct it toward yourself, instead of just butting out of it, especially given it's become clear that you had no idea what was even being discussed.

What I think is interesting about this issue is that concept of adolescence is a fairly recent thing considering all of human history. It used to be that if you could take care of yourself you could be an adult. In the last few 100 years we've placed more and more restrictions on youth. Why? Are teens in the modern age somehow inferior to teens from 200 years ago? I don't think so. I'd be interested in opinions as to why we invented these rules that force teens to remain in a childlike state. I hear a lot of people gasp and act appalled at how unprepared for life teens are. Maybe this wouldn't be the case if we let them have some real responsibility.

What I think is interesting about this issue is that concept of adolescence is a fairly recent thing considering all of human history. It used to be that if you could take care of yourself you could be an adult. In the last few 100 years we've placed more and more restrictions on youth. Why? Are teens in the modern age somehow inferior to teens from 200 years ago? I don't think so. I'd be interested in opinions as to why we invented these rules that force teens to remain in a childlike state. I hear a lot of people gasp and act appalled at how unprepared for life teens are. Maybe this wouldn't be the case if we let them have some real responsibility.

Used to be 100 years ago, you got up at the crack of dawn to help with the cooking, cleaning, yard work, and what have you. Get up at 4am, in bed by about 9pm, with a good solid 12-15 hours work between.

Now, "kids" sleep til noon, are out partying until 2am, acting irresponsibly, backtalking their parents who just tend to let them be so they don't have to fight, rather than kicking their asses, etc.

THAT is why teens today are inferior to teens 100 years ago.

Used to be 100 years ago, you got up at the crack of dawn to help with the cooking, cleaning, yard work, and what have you. Get up at 4am, in bed by about 9pm, with a good solid 12-15 hours work between.

Now, "kids" sleep til noon, are out partying until 2am, acting irresponsibly, backtalking their parents who just tend to let them be so they don't have to fight, rather than kicking their asses, etc.

Some of em maybe--I know some pretty kick ass teens too

I would say that only 1% of the Kids 18 to 20 live on their own
and support themselves. Their KIDS.

Baltimore Bob is Burbank Bob this week.
I attended the 3rd to last Jay Leno Tonight Show this evening
My 167th lifetime show

You seem to have cause and effect a bit backwards. ;)

I would say that only 1% of the Kids 18 to 20 live on their own
and support themselves. Their KIDS.

Baltimore Bob is Burbank Bob this week.
I attended the 3rd to last Jay Leno Tonight Show this evening
My 167th lifetime show

You might say it but can you prove it?

For example, what percentage of 18-20 year olds are in the military? If it's more than 1% you've already lost. Let's see some figures. :)

Being in the Military is like living at an assisted living facilty.
It's not that much different.
The Military handles all your needs.

I wouldn't count it as living on your own.
You need to provide your own Medical benefits
which usually requires a Job.

Burbank Bob

We need to let the Kids have an easy life till at least 21.
I started my work life when I entered the Navy the month
before my 19 Birthday.
I have no plans to Retire any earlier then 72.
That will be 53 years in the work force.

Burbank Bob till Wednesday
I was at Jay Leno's Last Tonight Show this afternoon.
It's taped at 4PM.

We need to let the Kids have an easy life till at least 21.
I started my work life when I entered the Navy the month
before my 19 Birthday.
I have no plans to Retire any earlier then 72.
That will be 53 years in the work force.

Burbank Bob till Wednesday
I was at Jay Leno's Last Tonight Show this afternoon.
It's taped at 4PM.

So 21 years of no responsibility then BAM get your ass to work? I think you've got it about as backward as it could be. Unless you wanted to push it out even further.

And why do you keep telling us about going to see Leno? No one cares.

Quote: So 21 years of no responsibility then BAM get your ass to work?
I think you've got it about as backward as it could be.
Unless you wanted to push it out even further.
And why do you keep telling us about going to see Leno? No one cares.

Why start work earlier then you have to.
Ether way I'm still working longer/more years then the average American.

Also tell me why most Americans like your parents
could care less about the 58,000 plus that died in Vietnam
sent there by a primarily Coward country.

Germans Citizen followed their leader in WWII
thats what Cowards do follow stupid leaders
like LBJ and DICK Nixon.
( He was named DICK for a Reason )
Nixon was also a Known Criminal
and Ford is a Criminal for pardoning a Criminal.
Ford signed off on that Massive American LIE
called The Warren Commission Report.
You have to be a Coward to belive that Lie.

At least I don't care about killing any other American
but other Americans didn't care if I got killed in Nam.

Burbank Bob

Why start work earlier then you have to.
Ether way I'm still working longer/more years then the average American.

Also tell me why most Americans like your parents
could care less about the 58,000 plus that died in Vietnam
sent there by a primarily Coward country.

Germans Citizen followed their leader in WWII
thats what Cowards do follow stupid leaders
like LBJ and DICK Nixon.
( He was named DICK for a Reason )
Nixon was also a Known Criminal
and Ford is a Criminal for pardoning a Criminal.
Ford signed off on that Massive American LIE
called The Warren Commission Report.
You have to be a Coward to belive that Lie.

At least I don't care about killing any other American
but other Americans didn't care if I got killed in Nam.

Burbank Bob

So... if 1 day you decided you wanted to compete in the Olympics what would you do? Would you show up on try out day and make a fool of yourself? or would you train for a few years so you'd have some skill.

Kids should be doing babysitting or have a paper route by the time they're 12-13. They should have a fast food or retail job when they're 16. They shouldn't sit around until their 21 and expect to be useful to anyone. Life is a competitive game, I can't imagine why anyone would be advocating sitting it out on the bench.

And BTW, you don't know anything about my parents and it's a violation of forum rules for you to be talking about them.

Forum List

Back