Kids And Pistols

"If successful, people under the age of 14 would be permitted to handle “a pistol, revolver or the ammunition” in the presence of an adult."
I don't see a problem with that.

Our 11 y/o twin girls go to the range with their father, their brothers who are nine will go next year

It's funny, not 100 years ago, kids were taught to shoot by default. They used to take their guns on the school bus, and after school go shooting.

Now, the mere mention of it, you'd think space aliens mind wiped half the country into a brainless stupor.

I guess it's the natural result of immorality, and the belief that people are inherently good, and that only environment and objects corrupt their actions.

We used to believe that man was inherently corrupted, and had to be taught good.

I fired low caliber handguns as a kid. So did my son.

Never a problem.

Then again, kids were generally smarter and more disciplined back then.

‘A militia of toddlers?’ Iowa bill to let children use handguns divides even 2nd Amendment supporters

When I was 14 & 15 years old, I went camping on the family farm, by myself, with a single action .22 Magnum revolver.

The education / knowledge is only as good as the teacher & text.

If parents teach them wrong, then they may make mistakes.

If parents teach them well - there should be no problem.

Shadow 355

Never a problem.

‘A militia of toddlers?’ Iowa bill to let children use handguns divides even 2nd Amendment supporters

Indeed. Kids were DEFINITELY smarter back then. Why? Because parents DEMANDED it of them. I was a few months old when (I swear) I cut my teeth on my Father's UNLOADED .45 in the back of his old Nash.

I have been around guns ever since. the ONLY folks I have ever killed were those shooting back at me in Viet Nam.

Here's the deal - "Raise a child in the ways of the world and you will have a good man or woman". Parents have failed their children. FAILED THEM. The reason there are so many "accidental" shootings (a term I despise) is because "daddy" will go out, but a gun for home defense and never bother to teach the kids to (1) stay away from it and (2) the proper respect for the weapon. Hell, kids today spend their time killing zombies on video games and they find a gun in the house. What the HELL do we expect them to do?

We had guns in my house from the day I was a baby. No one in the house EVER shot anyone by "accident". We were taught "right from wrong". Something that seems foreign to this current generation.

Never a problem.

my son started shooting-under my close supervision-a Walther P22 pistol at age 7 At age 11 he was deemed competent enough to go through Level II (the firearms intensive course) handgun at one of the top tactical training centers in the USA of thirty people taking the course, he was the only one other than his parents (and we both have done this several times and I have been an instructor there too) to "survive" the live fire house meaning he properly identified and "eliminated" all the threats and he didn't shoot a "non-hostile". that same year, he beat 40+ adults at one of the gun clubs i belong to, annual pistol match which involved shooting steel targets as fast as possible. At age 16, he entered a steel center fire stock pistol tournament that was being held in conjunction with the Ohio Police Olympics and had the top Police shooters in the state. He crushed the entire lot of them-only I beat him and I've been a top pistol speed shooter for decades. The Iowa law is idiotic and should be overturned

It's funny, not 100 years ago, kids were taught to shoot by default. They used to take their guns on the school bus, and after school go shooting.

Now, the mere mention of it, you'd think space aliens mind wiped half the country into a brainless stupor.

I guess it's the natural result of immorality, and the belief that people are inherently good, and that only environment and objects corrupt their actions.

We used to believe that man was inherently corrupted, and had to be taught good.

Actually, if you debate the anti gunners in particular.....they essentially think that all people are sociopaths and are just waiting for a chance to murder people......that is why they want to ban guns...they think that the gun will trigger the murder response that is inherent in all people...

Actually, if you debate the anti gunners in particular.....they essentially think that all people are sociopaths and are just waiting for a chance to murder people......that is why they want to ban guns...they think that the gun will trigger the murder response that is inherent in all people...

Honest to God? I truly believe that the left believes that guns (literally) jump down from the shelf or the table, fall into the hands of the owner and then instruct them to murder people.

My 10 yr old started out shooting a Ruger 10/22 rifle at 7. Now at 10 (about to be 11) he is a hell of a shot and and can field strip, clean, and reassemble an AR, a 1911, Glocks, and Ruger auto loaders.

My 10 yr old started out shooting a Ruger 10/22 rifle at 7. Now at 10 (about to be 11) he is a hell of a shot and and can field strip, clean, and reassemble an AR, a 1911, Glocks, and Ruger auto loaders.

sounds like he will be permanently immune to Brady thug lies about firearms too

Forum List

Back