Kidnappers say British hostage commits suicide

A lot of people will argue that the US constitution extends rights to anyone in our country, which is a big reason Gitmo exists.

Bad guys are expected to be bad guys. Good guys are expected to be good guys. Things get pretty fuzzy when the good guys do bad things.

A lot of people will argue that the US constitution extends rights to anyone in our country, which is a big reason Gitmo exists.

Bad guys are expected to be bad guys. Good guys are expected to be good guys. Things get pretty fuzzy when the good guys do bad things.

Yes, I have heard those arguments, however I tend to not agree with them. I see the constitution as guaranteeing the rights of US citizens. However I could see the idea of extending it to people in the US, but I hardly see how it makes sense to extend it to enemy combatants taken on a foreign field of battle.

now that said, I am sure there could be some people in Gitmo who should not be there. I would support a system for weeding these people out, and putting them into the court system. However the ones who were taken on the field of battle in Afghan and Iraq should never be given Us constitutional rights. IMO anyways.

To me the idea is patently insane.

Last edited:

This is code for "The good guys should not harm the bad guys, it ain't fair" Hahahahaha

Actually I think we are showing considerable restraint with all the ones who were actually picked up On battle fields in Iraq and Afghanistan, who were taking up arms against us, and not wearing uniforms.

The GC is very clear on that, We could have shot every one of them if we wanted. Before we ever sent them to Gitmo or anywhere else.

Maybe I am reading the GC wrong but it sure seems to say that to me.

Terrorists have violated International law by torturing and murdering civilians.

Criminals should be tried by a legal court, not by general rant. Blair, for instance, is to my mind a war criminal, but he must be considered innocent until tried. The American authorities have very evidently violated international law by torturing and murdering civilians, and the zionist 'authorities' make it their normal custom - but until they can be brought before a court it is difficult to pinpoint individual guilt. I can't for the life of me see, though, why we should take the word of these apparent criminals that other people are to be treated as criminals without trial.

Actually I think we are showing considerable restraint with all the ones who were actually picked up On battle fields in Iraq and Afghanistan, who were taking up arms against us, and not wearing uniforms.

The GC is very clear on that, We could have shot every one of them if we wanted. Before we ever sent them to Gitmo or anywhere else.

What uniform were you proposing they should have worn, and what was the uniform worn by the French Resistance? All populations have the right to use arms against criminals waging aggressive war, surely? And how much evidence do we have that the people illegally locked up were even bearing arms? In many cases, people just seem to have been grabbed to make up numbers.

Criminals should be tried by a legal court, not by general rant. Blair, for instance, is to my mind a war criminal, but he must be considered innocent until tried. The American authorities have very evidently violated international law by torturing and murdering civilians, and the zionist 'authorities' make it their normal custom - but until they can be brought before a court it is difficult to pinpoint individual guilt. I can't for the life of me see, though, why we should take the word of these apparent criminals that other people are to be treated as criminals without trial.

Are you for real?

What uniform were you proposing they should have worn, and what was the uniform worn by the French Resistance?
What do you think the Germans did with French resistance fighters they captured Brainiac?

All populations have the right to use arms against criminals waging aggressive war, surely? And how much evidence do we have that the people illegally locked up were even bearing arms?
Where does the GC say you need evidence?

In many cases, people just seem to have been grabbed to make up numbers.
Sure and that is why I said Actually picked up on a battlefield. I guess you just skipped over that part.

Problem being we don't know if they were picked up on the battlefield taking up arms against us...IMO, if we don't KNOW then we are no better than them. A nation of laws is an important concept.

A nation of laws is an important concept.

It is far more important than a concept. It basically seperates us from the unsavory barbarians we are battling. That distinction has been rather clouded for the past few years.

What a fucking wanker you are, it is arseholes like you trying to give credence to terrorists that is prolonging the war against terror.I believe you are a traitor and as such should be executed.

This from someone who does not care about the lack of enforcement of Immigration laws.
If you kept up with that thread you'd have discovered that not only are cities not required to enforce federal immigration law, but also they aren't allowed to in some cases. Only recently has Congress passed legislation to allow them to assist the Feds, but it does not compel them to...a different case all together.

What do you think the Germans did with French resistance fighters they captured Brainiac?

And how do civilized people now regard their actions?

Where does the GC say you need evidence?

The Geneva convention concerns Prisoners of War, not persons grabbed at random by Occupation troops.

Sure and that is why I said Actually picked up on a battlefield. I guess you just skipped over that part.

No - it was not what I meant. Lots of people are in your concentration camp simply because someone with power didn't like them. If you doubt this, see them charged before a proper court or release them.

If you kept up with that thread you'd have discovered that not only are cities not required to enforce federal immigration law, but also they aren't allowed to in some cases. Only recently has Congress passed legislation to allow them to assist the Feds, but it does not compel them to...a different case all together.

Have you not argued against deportation, and border control?

LOL

No - it was not what I meant. Lots of people are in your concentration camp simply because someone with power didn't like them. If you doubt this, see them charged before a proper court or release them.

That is perfectly reasonable, If they were indeed not taking up arms against our troops, anyways.

Forum List

Back