'Kidnapped' Marine deserts again

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
'Kidnapped' Marine deserts again
Washington, DC, Jan. 5 (UPI) -- The U.S. Marine who went missing in Iraq last summer then reappeared in Lebanon, has deserted again, the military said Wednesday.

Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun failed to return to Camp LeJeune, N.C., Tuesday after being released for personal leave. Hassoun was required to return by 12 p.m., but has not yet reported for duty, the Marine Corps said.
And there were so many that, when we said, "fry the mother f*cker", said we were rushing to judgement.....

what are they doing letting someone charged with desertion go home on leave in the first place?
the armed services are getting kind of lax now days

Johnney said:
what are they doing letting someone charged with desertion go home on leave in the first place?

I wondered the same thing and the only reason that I can think of is his religion. They didn't want to look like they are not targeting him because he is a Muslim.

It is kinda ironic that they let him go home to celebrate a CHRISTIAN holiday....

go figure.... :dunno: :wtf: :rolleyes:

Johnney said:

I was just thinking the same thing? It seems regarding this Marine they have been giving him the benefit of the doubt for a good long while now????

I think you're all being terribly unfair. The man did not desert - he was kidnapped. Just ask him. And obviously the kidnappers, not satisfied with the results of the initial abduction, followed him to this country and have kidnapped him again.

Merlin1047 said:
I think you're all being terribly unfair. The man did not desert - he was kidnapped. Just ask him. And obviously the kidnappers, not satisfied with the results of the initial abduction, followed him to this country and have kidnapped him again.

While he was celebrating the birth of Christ.

I bet Muhammed took him for being blasphemous.

C'mon give the guy a break. Maybe the insurgents followed him to Utah and kidnapped him again. Who knows, he could be blindfolded and under a sword somewhere.

You read my mind, Patriot.

This man joins the military, gets himself sent to the Middle East, SOMEHOW arranges to be "kidnapped" by terrorists and taken to Lebanon...is taken into custody by the US military who for some unknown and ridiculous reason allow him to take personal leave...during which he flees the country and returns...to Lebanon...

Sorry, this guy is a terrorist and a traitor. As a military spouse and as an American I say when we find him he should be hanged.

Gem said:
Sorry, this guy is a terrorist and a traitor. As a military spouse and as an American I say when we find him he should be hanged.

You are waaay to nice. I want the info sucked out from him THEN he can die a most horibble death.

So if this guy is a traitor can we trust the rest of his family here in America? How much are THEY being watched/monitored?

The thought occurs to me that our side may be trying to get this guy infiltrated into their side....

CSM said:
The thought occurs to me that our side may be trying to get this guy infiltrated into their side....
actually what they should be doing is "leaking" info that hes a spy for our side and we sent him to infiltrate, see how far he gets with that

Zhukov said:
The rationale behind the old custom of shooting deserters outright becomes clear.

Ah, sweet clarity.

I agree. Saddam should have been shot shortly after capture too.

McArthur took a lot of heat in WWII for holding a quick trial and then executing Yamashita, but he knew that if he didn't do it quickly, too many would rush to try and save the butcher.

Forum List

Back