Kid Rock Rocks Like a True AMERICAN on "Born Free"

FreedomEagle

Jan 10, 2011
I know. You're all thinking "Kid Rock? That lame-o Rap/Rock guy who dances with midgets on stage?". Yes, the same one. But he's changed, and I'll be the first to admit I was hesitant listening to this album. However, it's a great piece of American patriotic music. It features some great talent such as Bob Segar (LEGEND) and Zac Brown. Do yourselves a favour and have a listen. Best enjoyed with a few beers and a lawn chair. ;)

When I first heard Born Free on the radio (and didn't know who it was) I thought I was listening to an old Bob Segar song that I just had never heard before.

To each his own, but Devil Without A Cause is still Kid's best work IMO.

When I first heard Born Free on the radio (and didn't know who it was) I thought I was listening to an old Bob Segar song that I just had never heard before.

See, I steered clear cause I thought it was just nonsense and noise. Where does "Devil Without A Cause" stand in that regard? Is he rocking or rapping or a bit of both. I prefer Kid's rockin' side. Things I can relate to, you know? Like drinkin beer and enjoyin' my country.

Devil Without A Cause is a combination of rap/rock/hard rock.

The entire album is very well done IMO. It's not surprising that it went platinum 11 times over.

Here is the title track (warning: it's riddled with expletives). Regardless of what people think about the rapping and lyrical content, it's hard to listen to this and not conclude that it has one seriously tasty hook for a bassline. :cool:

[youtube]fVpeqJWLSTw[/youtube]

See, I steered clear cause I thought it was just nonsense and noise. Where does "Devil Without A Cause" stand in that regard? Is he rocking or rapping or a bit of both. I prefer Kid's rockin' side. Things I can relate to, you know? Like drinkin beer and enjoyin' my country.

Amen brother. I like to steer clear of this "hip-hop" fad that seems to be usurping the stage that true american rock built

Forum List

Back