Kid Rock punks out Rockers Against Bush

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
KID ROCK BLASTS POLITICAL ROCKERS FOR IGNORING THE TROOPS

KID ROCK has blasted his rock peers who are involved with American politics - because none of them flew to Iraq to perform for their war heroes.

The rocker wowed troops when he and actress BRITTANY MURPHY jetted off to meet and greet soldiers in Baghdad last year (JUN03), and now he's angry that those who didn't salute men and women stationed in Iraq are touring to raise cash for President GEORGE W BUSH's rival JOHN KERRY on the VOTE FOR CHANGE tour.

He states, "You see this thing now where like BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, JON BON JOVI - like I love all these guys as musicians - they're gonna raise money for John Kerry. God bless 'em.

"But, before you go and do that, why don't these motherf**kers go over there and play for our soldiers in Iraq? I'm not vocal about my views on the war. I'm just vocal about my views on the troops." (emphasis added)

The Link

NATO AIR said:
i disagree on rockers not getting into politics though

Agreed, but then they have no cause for complaint why the public disagrees with their stance. When people choose not to buy Dixie Chick albums and radio advertisers pull revenues from radio stations those type of artists cannot claim cencorship.

MtnBiker said:
Agreed, but then they have no cause for complaint why the public disagrees with their stance. When people choose not to buy Dixie Chick albums and radio advertisers pull revenues from radio stations those type of artists cannot claim cencorship.

i agree, when you make a stand, you need to be ready to face the consequences. that's why artists like springsteen deserve at least an ounce of respect, they realize their stances cost them fans but they go on anyway without complaint about that aspect. your whiners like the dixie chicks are the problem...

This is a decent article. I think the troops' morale does get lost in the whole political hurricane we have going on right now. If there was some way possible, I wish I could see a musician who supports Kerry still go over to Iraq and perform for the troops, just to show that Kerry supporters don't hate our troops. Of course, they'd probably get booed off the stage. Kinda a catch-22.

Dan said:
This is a decent article. I think the troops' morale does get lost in the whole political hurricane we have going on right now. If there was some way possible, I wish I could see a musician who supports Kerry still go over to Iraq and perform for the troops, just to show that Kerry supporters don't hate our troops. Of course, they'd probably get booed off the stage. Kinda a catch-22.

I don't think so. If Bruce Springsteen or Green Day went overseas and kept their mouths shut about politics, I think they'd be welcomed. The Dixie Chicks... well, I think they've blown it already.

Bon Jovi is my favorite group,but I really don't need to know his politics. Of course these people can hav an opinion,but is it right or fair that they use their status to influence people. The rest of us don't have that same opportunity. I think these stars actually think they are more important than the rest of us,and if we don't agree with them,we must truly be idiots. Anyone with a brain would not vote on who their favorite rock star likes anyway. I also agree that they need to be ready to faceconsequences if they want to run their mouth. That Dixie Chick cried and boo hooed because America spoke back to her-what we can't talk back? That's the attitude I can't stand.

Sir Evil-that Bon Jovi album is not politcal . I have it myself and haven't noticed any in your face politics in it. Why they named it that,I don't know. I have seen the explanation on their website ,but I can't remember. They took some of their music and just reworked it and made it kind of funky.Most of their politics have stayed out of the music for the most part. I haven't heard any of their songs be too blatant about their views,but unfortunately,I know they supported Gore and Kerry. :puke3:

Sir Evil said:
Krisy - it was just an example, but must admit that I thought it was political overtones in the title. Perhaps he just enjoys the feel of his left hand! :laugh:
Just kidding, actually saw them twice in the early days just no longer a fan of that kind of music too much..

Hehe. :hitit: i don' thhik he needs that left hand too much!!!! really though,it does sound like a political title-maybe it is,ya never know!!!! it would be nice if they kept it to themselves though.

I don't think so. If Bruce Springsteen or Green Day went overseas and kept their mouths shut about politics, I think they'd be welcomed. The Dixie Chicks... well, I think they've blown it already.

You think? I'm saying, at this point, after having railed against the war and everything, do you think Springsteen would be welcome at a USO show or something?

I was wondering something, and this is the sort of thing nobody here can really answer, I think. Most of those opposing the war make a point to say that they are not opposed to our troops, just the war. Do you think the troops take this personally, or do you think they understand the distinction between anti-war and anti-troops? Or do they have better things to worry about? I'd be willing to bet on the latter, but just wondering.

Dan said:
I was wondering something, and this is the sort of thing nobody here can really answer, I think. Most of those opposing the war make a point to say that they are not opposed to our troops, just the war. Do you think the troops take this personally, or do you think they understand the distinction between anti-war and anti-troops? Or do they have better things to worry about? I'd be willing to bet on the latter, but just wondering.
For my husband, he was in the Gulf War 1, he's told me when they'd hear of protestors, it really hurt him and others there. He said they'd talk about be worried about coming home, being scared they'd get spit on like the Vietnam Vets. Thankfully that didn't happen, but they were hurt that friends were protesting a war they were fighting.
For my friends and family that are now fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, they've also said they take it personally when they hear of protestors.
I'm sure there's soldiers that don't, but none that I know. :(

For my husband, he was in the Gulf War 1, he's told me when they'd hear of protestors, it really hurt him and others there. He said they'd talk about be worried about coming home, being scared they'd get spit on like the Vietnam Vets. Thankfully that didn't happen, but they were hurt that friends were protesting a war they were fighting.

See, that's sad. I'm opposed to the war, but I'm for the troops. I don't want us there BECAUSE of the troops, I don't want all these people dying for something I don't think is/was necessary. The idea of someone spitting on american troops, though, is just flat-out disgusting. The only american troops who should be spit on is those morons in the Abu Ghraib (sp?) prison scandal. Oh, well, I'm getting off the point now.

This is off the point, too, but was there as much protesting for the Gulf War as this one? I was only like 11 or 12 at the time of the Gulf War, so I didn't pay it any attention at all.

well al franken did a USO tour to Iraq and they seemed to like him... he even poked fun at his politics and what was going on in the states.

i think mostly, the troops just want to laugh or zone out for a while... you could be the dixie chicks performing and they wouldn't be listening to a word you were saying, just the beauty of your voice, the music and your boobs and ass everytime they were shown in anyway. (hey these poor guys been out there a good while)

Forum List

Back