Kid Records His Diversity Training Teacher

Under some circumstances, "Bitch" is a term of endearment. Or a substitute for "woman." It is disheartening the extreme that this substitute teacher survived a selection process that couldn't even weed out people who cannot speak understandable English. Although she certainly holds a B.A. degree from some fine institution.
`
Huh????? What situations might those be?

The worst performing school districts in the country are all in urban areas run overwhelmingly by Democrats: Washington D.C., St Louis, New York City, Baltimore, etc. Even in the conservative bastion of Texas the inner city schools in Dallas, Houston, etc are generally garbage, while the suburban schools where your middle and upper class people live do much better by and large, so as I said, the issue is socio-economic, not racial and not political. I guarantee you making this political is not a rabbit hole you want to go down because the crap schools are mostly in areas your party has a political monopoly on.
The crap schools in the country are not only in inner cities, they are also in red states, mostly in red states. It may be a socio-econimic issue, but that is because the red states are run into the ground by conservative policies,

I MOVED to a Red State BECAUSE Cali was so badly run. It's not actually RUN out there. It's largely on auto-pilot with 20 "initiatives" a ballot and onerous ballot qualification rules. It's more of a 3rd world operation.

In my NEW state, the schools are funded. Their roofs don't leak. The roads are repaired and the state isn't BURIED in debt. And there aren't bands of kids running down the street and walking over the hood of my Bimmer.

Schools out there were a freakin' disaster zone. I watched the idiocy until I couldn't take it anymore.. Watched my daughter get put into a trailer for 4 months so they could renovate her classroom. Which was GREAT. But the mental midgets didn't fix the roof first. So within a year -- the room was wrecked again.

That doesn't happen in places where people KNOW about common sense things.
And how do your state's schools rank in the 50 states? In the top ten? Twenty? Or lower?

My kids NEW school(s) were nationally ranked in the top 50 nationwide by NewsWeek. In the entire COUNTRY. . Depends on where you live. Point is -- those GOOD schools are in areas where REGULAR folks can afford to live. Not true in too many of bastions of lefty urban Blue.

You are talking about specific schools, not the condition of the school system statewide.

Every state probably has some schools in some areas of the state that are pretty good, but the real issue is that the state board of education produces and oversees a good school system based on requirements for teachers and administrators as well as specific qualifications for passing each level and graduating. Isolated instances of good schools are not the issue unless your state can produce that level of success statewide.

This thread topic is about a 'teacher' who behaved inappropriately in response to a student getting out of line. The intention of the thread is to demean teachers. My contention is that the so-called 'teacher' in the OP is not a teacher but a sub and in many states subs are not vetted adequately; in fact, in many states, apparently, subs are not required to have any teacher training, no teaching license, and not even a college degree. This is most likely the case in those states that have a poor overall rating that such conditiions exist: they certainly don't exist in my state, which is in the top ten of the 50 states for having good schools. So, moving to a neighborhood that has a good school means very little. It has to do with how the state board of education in each state effectively manages the school system.

Not really talking about just specific schools. There's no secret here. The quality of education in this country varies by DISTRICT/COUNTY -- not by state. I'll put the top 10% of Tenn schools up against ANY other area of the country. The SECRET IS -- in SOME states -- the VAST MAJORITY of people can't afford to live in those districts. In most Red States -- they can. That's a big deal. Opens a world of choice for family/parents/kids.

Now for the bottom 10% of schools, there is nothing to compare to lefty run inner city schools. NOTHING like the dumps my uncle and aunt principaled in the NYC school system for their careers. Literal WAR ZONES with nothing resembling education. Doesn't exist for the most part in the South outside of Atlanta and Southern Texas.

The rural schools in Tenn may not have comparative outcomes because they haven't DITCHED the valuable choices of early vocational training, area-specialized vocational training like agriculture and trades. Even have internships with the car building industries that we STOLE from your dying Yankee cities.. Also haven't ditched music, PE, and a LOT OF valuable stuff the California jettisoned while I was there. The outcomes are overall BETTER when these choices and opportunities are KEPT as options. You're SCREWING KIDS by measuring on only "college bound" outcomes anyways.

Nobody wants their kid to go to a "intercity" school

MOF -- Obama STOLE the "free community college" idea from Tenn. Think he announced that in Nashville about a year after it was announced here. USED to be free in Cali. They can't afford it anymore. We can. In addition, our lottery funds "for the children" are much better managed than in Cali where they simply handed the money from the lottery to the State and it got sucked into the big red budget hole. In Tenn, ANY kid with an acceptance and a B Average, gets damn near FREE tuition and their PARENTS get that credit on their bills.

More choices, better run, better outcomes. That's why I moved before my kid hit high school. Screw the national metrics. It's another "one size fits all" solution from the mental midgets in the bureaucracy...

Forum List

Back