Kick Ass vs Pussy Wars

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I think it's about time America started kicking some ass around the world. Stop this politically correct BS and put some fear in our enemies and so-called friends. I say leave war to the military and let the politicians and historians piss and moan later.

I'm no military strategist, obviously but it seems to me that when politicians, lawyers, foreign countries and the peace niks get involved in setting U.S. military policy, more of our brave and honored soldiers end up injured and dead and wars seem an endless dribble of wasted money and lives.

So, I say if the military set the strategy of winning in the shortest possible amount of time, with least amount of military casualties. If that involved the death of innocent civilians, loss of cherished artifacts and so for forth, tough shit.

Clinton's no hero of mine but the War in Kosovo and the NATO method of bombing from March 22nd to June 11 1999 and breaking some politically correct eggs along the way was a step in the right direction.

Afghanistan/ Pakistan seems like a good place to start. Also, if countries like Germany, France and so forth are just over there to twiddle there thumbs, send them home in the disgrace they deserve.....

Ok that's off my chest....:salute:

Too late I'm afraid. The ability of any country to wage total war is probably now non-existent. Since war is a political strategy it has inherent limitations and also war is only a means to and end, not an end in itself as you seem to think.

Too late I'm afraid. The ability of any country to wage total war is probably now non-existent. Since war is a political strategy it has inherent limitations and also war is only a means to and end, not an end in itself as you seem to think.

I feel mumbo then jumbo, resulting in just dumbo....:eusa_doh:....:Some further explanation would be appreciated.

I feel mumbo then jumbo, resulting in just dumbo....:eusa_doh:....:Some further explanation would be appreciated.

Certainly!

Total war is a conflict of unlimited scope in which a belligerent engages in a mobilization of all available resources at their disposal, whether human, industrial, agricultural, military, natural, technological, or otherwise, in order to entirely destroy or render beyond use their rival's capacity to continue resistance.

The practice of total war has been in use for centuries,[citation needed] but it was only in the middle to late 19th century that total war was identified by scholars as a separate class of warfare. In a total war, there is less (or no) differentiation between combatants and non-combatants (civilians) than in other conflicts, as nearly every person from a particular country (or opposing area), civilians and soldiers alike, can be considered to be part of the belligerent effort.

Total war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We'll start there. And I think it's only fair that I give you a chance to comment on my claim that I think you are advocating total war.

Are you?

I think it's about time America started kicking some ass around the world. Stop this politically correct BS and put some fear in our enemies and so-called friends. I say leave war to the military and let the politicians and historians piss and moan later.

I'm no military strategist, obviously but it seems to me that when politicians, lawyers, foreign countries and the peace niks get involved in setting U.S. military policy, more of our brave and honored soldiers end up injured and dead and wars seem an endless dribble of wasted money and lives.

So, I say if the military set the strategy of winning in the shortest possible amount of time, with least amount of military casualties. If that involved the death of innocent civilians, loss of cherished artifacts and so for forth, tough shit.

Clinton's no hero of mine but the War in Kosovo and the NATO method of bombing from March 22nd to June 11 1999 and breaking some politically correct eggs along the way was a step in the right direction.

Afghanistan/ Pakistan seems like a good place to start. Also, if countries like Germany, France and so forth are just over there to twiddle there thumbs, send them home in the disgrace they deserve.....

when did you serve?

War is not won by declaring victory. It is won when one party admits defeat.
There are only a few ways to make them admit defeat, that is to either destroy their ability to continue fighting (killing people and/or destroying resources), destroy their will to fight (usually by killing people), or scare them so badly that they fear they will all be killed if they continue.
The way to win is to be brutal, cold and vicious. You have to be willing to use whatever means necessary to win, then do it.

HenryChickenhawk.jpg

I totally agree with the opposite of everything you just said.

Does that mean you think he is a military strategist?

so you want us bankrupt and losing all trade partners due to barbarian actions by our soliders? and we have already killed over a million civilians in iraq and afghanistan so I am not sure how much more destruction you want there.

War is not won by declaring victory. It is won when one party admits defeat.
There are only a few ways to make them admit defeat, that is to either destroy their ability to continue fighting (killing people and/or destroying resources), destroy their will to fight (usually by killing people), or scare them so badly that they fear they will all be killed if they continue.
The way to win is to be brutal, cold and vicious. You have to be willing to use whatever means necessary to win, then do it.

But when it comes to some societies, they don't care about their civilians, they don't care about their infrastructure, they don't care about anything. Those cultures have nothing to lose and therefore you can never defeat them.

Does that mean you think he is a military strategist?

He might be. I don't know what his screen name is on Unreal Tournament or how good he is.

Maybe he wants WWIII to start resulting in nuclear annihilation of the entire human race, leaving his race as the only survivors on earth...

WinglessCockroach-500.jpg

Forum List

Back