KIA Factory Means Jobs in Small Ga. Town

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The first Sorento mini-SUVs are rolling off the assembly line at the new KIA motors plant in West Point, GA. The factory, which currently employs 1200, is already having a dramatic effect on the once-struggling economy of this small town 80 miles southwest of Atlanta, once famous for its textile industry. Now, even more jobs are cropping up with supplier companies and support services.

Local officials estimate KIA will pump as much as $6.5 billion into the local economy by 2012, hiring an additional 1200 employees and creating as many as 20 thousand affiliated jobs in Georgia

KIA Factory Means Jobs in Small Ga. Town « Liveshots

And if I heard correctly O'Reilly said Boeing was leaving Seattle, cause of the unions and relocating in Charleston South Carolina! Oh happy happy days for Charleston. Nice big port,, wonderful food,.. and Southern! rednecks... I love em.

Well, if they chose to do that, then they will be in even more trouble than they are already in. The Management of Boeing is destroying what used to be the world's premier commercial aircraft manufacturer.

The first Sorento mini-SUVs are rolling off the assembly line at the new KIA motors plant in West Point, GA. The factory, which currently employs 1200, is already having a dramatic effect on the once-struggling economy of this small town 80 miles southwest of Atlanta, once famous for its textile industry. Now, even more jobs are cropping up with supplier companies and support services.

Local officials estimate KIA will pump as much as $6.5 billion into the local economy by 2012, hiring an additional 1200 employees and creating as many as 20 thousand affiliated jobs in Georgia

And if I heard correctly O'Reilly said Boeing was leaving Seattle, cause of the unions and relocating in Charleston South Carolina! Oh happy happy days for Charleston. Nice big port,, wonderful food,.. and Southern! rednecks... I love em.

But don't you feel sorry for all those South Koreans that had their jobs exported over seas?

Well, if they chose to do that, then they will be in even more trouble than they are already in. The Management of Boeing is destroying what used to be the world's premier commercial aircraft manufacturer.

can't blame em for making changes if they cannot afford unions or Seattle. now can you,, it's the economy stupid,, jobs jobs jobs.

Is KIA starting to bump into U.S. rules concerning how many of what model you can import?

For the Georgians I'm thrilled in the immediate the plant is there to make jobs.

For the long term some of the money from each Kia purchase is still redistributed out of America.

Plus now a Korean company is in charge of the technology and Americans are following.

Some of the money for each ford and GM purchase is going out of the USA as well.
Do you think only Americans own Ford and GM stock? Or that no Americans own KIA stock?
Ever hear of dividends?

It all sucks and America is in decline. The die was set when Ross warned of the big sucking sound and few of us listened.

Global economy means the richer countries get poorer and the poorer countries get a bit richer and big business makes most of the money.

airplanes cause global warming
Boeing management is using good common sense.

Tell the global warming scare to Alfonso Gore who flies his worthless ass around in a worn out fuel guzzler...claiming he leads a carbon neutral life...smutting up the atmosphere with his fricken carbon credits...selling his fricken lies in the form of fictional, deceiving, alarmist books.

Is KIA starting to bump into U.S. rules concerning how many of what model you can import?

For the Georgians I'm thrilled in the immediate the plant is there to make jobs.

For the long term some of the money from each Kia purchase is still redistributed out of America.

Plus now a Korean company is in charge of the technology and Americans are following.
Is a car made in the USA considered an import? Do Americans get a crack at the jobs created or does KIA import a bunch of Koreans to turn the screws? Are the salaries of the West Point employees spent in Korea or at the local stores and bars?

What part of global economy do you not understand?

The profits from KIA sales likely go to KIA stockholders...living wherever the hell they want to...probably where the taxes are lowest.

Kudos to KIA for having the goods sense to open a plant in Georgia...makes me proud to see the UAW sucking hind tit.

Have you visited the Mercedes plant in Alabama?...it's worth the trip.

Do you know that engines for Fords may be made in Mexico or Brazil? The taxes are lower.

What part of taxing businesses out of the area do you not understand?

We are in deep shit in the USA because of the liberals and their propensity to tax everything that can be taxed for the sole purpose of growing the government and increasing the control over those being governed. The most significant problem with that is that the liberals neither understand logic nor accept reality, even when both unflinchingly stare them directly in the face.

I am fully aware we're competing with the government subsidized businesses of east asia and the ghettos of central america.

Our economy runs like a modern Marshall Plan attempting to build up other parts of the world with our dollars.

Tell the global warming scare to Alfonso Gore who flies his worthless ass around in a worn out fuel guzzler...claiming he leads a carbon neutral life...smutting up the atmosphere with his fricken carbon credits...selling his fricken lies in the form of fictional, deceiving, alarmist books.

Is a car made in the USA considered an import? Do Americans get a crack at the jobs created or does KIA import a bunch of Koreans to turn the screws? Are the salaries of the West Point employees spent in Korea or at the local stores and bars?

The profits from KIA sales likely go to KIA stockholders...living wherever the hell they want to...probably where the taxes are lowest.

Kudos to KIA for having the goods sense to open a plant in Georgia...makes me proud to see the UAW sucking hind tit.

Do you know that engines for Fords may be made in Mexico or Brazil? The taxes are lower.

We are in deep shit in the USA because of the liberals and their propensity to tax everything that can be taxed for the sole purpose of growing the government and increasing the control over those being governed. The most significant problem with that is that the liberals neither understand logic nor accept reality, even when both unflinchingly stare them directly in the face.[/
QUOTE]

Yes - a regressive tax policy and ever-greed unions have decimated America's once proud industrial base. Fortunately, non-union states started compaigning heavily to attract business and it has been working well for them - but still some in this country simply do not understand how we are handicapping the potential of America with the burden of taxes, regulations, and special interest waste and fraud.

Boeing should move in that case, NY drove Grumman out of business (they were bought out but the Bethpage NY plant is gone) the same way.

We are in deep shit in the USA because of the liberals and their propensity to tax everything that can be taxed for the sole purpose of growing the government and increasing the control over those being governed. The most significant problem with that is that the liberals neither understand logic nor accept reality, even when both unflinchingly stare them directly in the face.[/
QUOTE]

Yes - a regressive tax policy and ever-greed unions have decimated America's once proud industrial base. Fortunately, non-union states started compaigning heavily to attract business and it has been working well for them - but still some in this country simply do not understand how we are handicapping the potential of America with the burden of taxes, regulations, and special interest waste and fraud.

Somebody needs to fix your quote commands, Bubba. You didn't make up half of that shit.

Would you care to elaborate?
I am aware of the labor problems that Boeing has been having; or rather is plagued with, however you look at it.
It always seems like it's a case of where does the rot start. Does a company begin to rot at the bottom or the top.

It is good to see that Kia Motors is bringing jobs here. It just begs the question why can't the domestic automakers get their act together? Oh yeah, mismanagement, arrogance, and absolute pieces of junk that were excuses for automobiles.
An employer most certainly should treat its employees with respect. But when does it become corporate welfare? Does the company OWE you a good living? What does it mean to be a good corporate citizen?

Last edited:

Boeing is completly leaving Seattle. ;) And they still have a small plant here in Spokane.

Forum List

Back