Khalid Sheik Mohammed: "I Gave A Lot Of False Information" To Make Torture Stop

All these radical righties are a bunch of cowards. On the morning of 9-11 after the attacks which my wife and I watched on TV (the second one) I got my keys and headed for the door. My wife asked "where are you going?". I said "I'm going to work, terrorism only works if we become terrified".

But all the cowardly righties immediately said , "throw out all our principles and save me from the scary terrorists".

I'd rather die in a terrorist attack than live under a fascist regime like Bush and Cheney tried to create.

The reason righties think that torture works is because they know it would work on them, they are such cowards.

For people ready to die for their cause, torture is no deterrant and does not work.

bfd...i went right back to work as well, everyone i know did.

are you actually claiming the no dem said anything about possible terrorists attacks on US soil? do you ever see anything in non partisan way or is it just the prism that republicans are evil and democrats good?

Look you guys are the ones defending the use of toture. You are the ones with the knee jerk defense of someone from your party. As I've said before on this site, if Nancy Pelosi or any other Dem acted as an enabler for the Bush torture regime they should also be prosecuted for war crimes.

By the way, waterboarding is torture and is prohibited by US treaty and law, unless you are going to claim that it does not cause"physical pain or suffering" which is the definition of torture.

Waterboarding has been jawboned and shoehorned into being "within the meaning" of torture. I have seen nothing in the description and movies that I have seen that indicates that water boarding causes any physical pain or suffering.

Please cite a source for the proposition that water-boarding is specifically torture (that would be a court of some kind or international tribunal) that way we know who you are supporting against your country.

Please cite a source for the proposition that water boarding causes pain or suffering.

In fact, it causes psychological distress by making you think you will drown (even though this is not possible). I would distinguish this from suffering.

Lastly, please cite a source that the standard to determine "torture" is pain and suffering.

UN treaty on human rights, which has been ratified by the US. Geneva conventions, which were ratified by the US. Psycological suffering is also defined as toture by both of these treaties.

UN treaty on human rights, which has been ratified by the US. Geneva conventions, which were ratified by the US. Psycological suffering is also defined as toture by both of these treaties.

Actually this is the text:

...the term "torture" means any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, ....
Emphasis added

So, we are left to determine for ourselves whether the act is severe within the meaning of the protocol. I would say that reasonable people may differ.

Water-boarding is certainly not in the same wheel house as hooking a car battery up to someone or doing the old Japanese version of water-boarding where they stuck a hose down your throat and filled your belly with water then bounced on your distended stomach until it burst. I think those would definitely be torture.

Water-boarding....is coercion. I'll give you that. Torture?....nope.

...the term "torture" means any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, ....
Emphasis added

So, we are left to determine for ourselves whether the act is severe within the meaning of the protocol. I would say that reasonable people may differ.

Water-boarding is certainly not in the same wheel house as hooking a car battery up to someone or doing the old Japanese version of water-boarding where they stuck a hose down your throat and filled your belly with water then bounced on your distended stomach until it burst. I think those would definitely be torture.

Daniel Levin, a member of the justice department assigned with the task of determining whether or not waterboarding was torture, and who was brave enough to undergo the procedure himself to make that determination, disagrees with you.

Unfortunately, Gonzales fired him for it. Bush Administration Blocked Waterboarding Critic - ABC News

Emphasis added

Daniel Levin, a member of the justice department assigned with the task of determining whether or not waterboarding was torture, and who was brave enough to undergo the procedure himself to make that determination, disagrees with you.

Unfortunately, Gonzales fired him for it. Bush Administration Blocked Waterboarding Critic - ABC News

Actually, what he said was:

Levin ... concluded waterboarding could be illegal torture unless performed in a highly limited way and with close supervision.

I'm not real sure he disagrees with what I said. I would agree that you CAN do waterboard so that it does meet the definition of torture. I don't agree that the way we ACTUALLY do waterboarding IS torture.

And, even if he did disagree, his opinion is not worth more than mine on the topic. I will allow that he has an interesting prospective shared by service members who go through SEER training and are being waterboarded everyday.

I'm not real sure he disagrees with what I said. I would agree that you CAN do waterboard so that it does meet the definition of torture. I don't agree that the way we ACTUALLY do waterboarding IS torture.

And, even if he did disagree, his opinion is not worth more than mine on the topic. I will allow that he has an interesting prospective shared by service members who go through SEER training and are being waterboarded everyday.

His opinion on the nature of waterboarding is not worth more than yours, even though he has undergone it and you have not? Would you say that the opinion of a man who has seen an elephant is not worth more than yours regarding what an elephant looks like? Are all opinions equal then, regardless of experience?

His opinion on the nature of waterboarding is not worth more than yours, even though he has undergone it and you have not? Would you say that the opinion of a man who has seen an elephant is not worth more than yours regarding what an elephant looks like? Are all opinions equal then, regardless of experience?

It is not definitive. What did he add to the debate? He said it could be done in an illegal way if one was not careful. OK, didn't we all know that?

If I only saw a movie of an elephant and you saw an elephant in real life, do you think I'm less able to describe an elephant than you?

The true victims are those who actually believe Cheney and his torture crap.

And Pogo, if he gave false information once, why would waterboarding him again give you any better information and how would you know?

Do all democrats have a complete lack of logic? Do you really think they were asking him questions they didnt already know the answers to, or suspect, or ones they couldnt look into later?

Sure, if you were to ask him what his favorite color is, you really wouldnt have any idea if hes telling the truth or not, but that would be a waste of time, obviously. The investigators will know things that he wouldnt know they know, and if he gives false answers, they will immediately know hes lying.

For example, they may already secretly know about a bomb maker that Khalid uses, and they will ask him about his bomb makers, and if he doesnt give up that guys name, they know hes hiding stuff. They will also ask him to provide locations of terrorist hideouts and bomb making locations, then they will go and raid that house. If nothing is there, they know hes lying and they go back to waterboarding him until he gives them the right address, which he did.

Why are you guys under the impression that they asked him questions they couldnt ever cooberate? Why do you think they couldnt find out if he was lying or not. Honestly, some of you are fucking stupid beyond belief. You make no attempt whatsoever to logically think about things, and you just assume that CIA interrogators are oblivious to the concept of a person lying to them. Get a clue for christ sake.

You may not like torture, and you may not want us to use it as an interrogation technique, but pretending as though it doesnt work is dishonest, or you are just a complete fucking retard thats incapable of thinking things through.

Last edited:
HEY!!! Right wing pea brains... BEWARE of...

1. More fatalities occur "each day" from auto accidents then occur from terrorism for the "whole year".
(1.2 million deaths per year Worldwide)

2. More fatalities occur worldwide each year from animal attacks then occur from terrorism.
( Stats for US Only 1882 deaths - 79/90)

3. More fatalities occur each year from falling down stairs (falling down) then occur from terrorism.
( Just for the Netherlands 1700 deaths in 1999)

4. More fatalities occur "each day" from medical malpractice then occur from terrorism for the "whole year".
( US stats Only - 120,000 deaths worldwide 1.4 million)

Terrorist caused Deaths vs. "Reality"

1. More fatalities occur "each day" from auto accidents then occur from terrorism for the "whole year".

2. More fatalities occur worldwide each year from animal attacks then occur from terrorism.

3. More fatalities occur each year from falling down stairs (falling down) then occur from terrorism.

4. More fatalities occur "each day" from medical malpractice then occur from terrorism for the "whole year".

Notice the same thing could be said about the Iraq War but it didn't deter your side from pitching a bitch for the last 6 years. :eusa_whistle:

I could make every motherfucking one of you insist that you are a Martian just like Valentine Micheal Smith using torture. That doesn't mean you are a Stranger in a Strange Land. Some of you silly fucks seem to think torture was invented on 9/12/01. But, I guess it's pretty clear why Hannity, and the rest of you goofy bastards, don't volunteer to demonstrate just how effective torture is.

I could make every motherfucking one of you insist that you are a Martian just like Valentine Micheal Smith using torture. That doesn't mean you are a Stranger in a Strange Land. Some of you silly fucks seem to think torture was invented on 9/12/01. But, I guess it's pretty clear why Hannity, and the rest of you goofy bastards, don't volunteer to demonstrate just how effective torture is.

What's pretty clear is you don't know a fucking thing about interrogation.

Yet none of those things have the ability to crush the economy or put airlines out of business. None of those things have the ability to bring down the tallest buildings in New York, and none of those things have the ability to use a nuclear weapon in the future. I would also mention that none of those things can be stopped, but terrorism can.

The things you mention are inevitable, but terrorism is not.

Last edited:

listen, motherfucker... if I used the exact same methods that you WANT SO BAD TO VALIDATE, again, I could make you admit that you have a giant gaping vagina stuck between your twat protecting legs. That is the cold hard fact that makes you react like a bitch. AND, it's EXACTLY why we don't see any of your talking head heroes taking the pepsi fucking challenge for the sake of their charities. By all means, deflect however you need to, shit digger.

So, your good with getting hit hard every once in awhile from terrorists? What a pea brain...no wait...that's insulting pea brains. What a twit. :cuckoo:

Notice the same thing could be said about the Iraq War but it didn't deter your side from pitching a bitch for the last 6 years. :eusa_whistle:

WOW you fucking slime ball...comparing accidental deaths to American sons & daughters being sent to their premature deaths because of an unnecessary war of ideology?

Talk about disrespect for our troops... you are SCUM...

WOW you fucking slime ball...comparing accidental deaths to American sons & daughters being sent to their premature deaths because of an unnecessary war of ideology?

Um, you have got to be the biggest moron on these boards. You just compared accidental deaths to deaths from an unnecessary war of TERRORIST ideology, yet now you are complaining about his comparison to the Iraq war? You should try and find a childrens message board to debate things. This site is a bit above your head i think.

Last edited:

listen, motherfucker... if I used the exact same methods that you WANT SO BAD TO VALIDATE, again, I could make you admit that you have a giant gaping vagina stuck between your twat protecting legs. That is the cold hard fact that makes you react like a bitch. AND, it's EXACTLY why we don't see any of your talking head heroes taking the pepsi fucking challenge for the sake of their charities. By all means, deflect however you need to, shit digger.

Listen you dumb fucking ****-faced blow hard. You do not know shit about anything. You are a pathetic shit for brains who trolls messageboards as a psuedolife instead of having one.

Now that we have that straight....the point of doing any of this is to get good intelligence. That is interrogation. So far from being a deflection, it is the point of the exercise. The fact that you are so ill-informed that you think it is a deflection speaks volumes about your ignorance of the topic.

Now run along to school little boy.

OWNED!

Um, you have got to be the biggest moron on these boards. You just compared accidental deaths to deaths from an unnecessary war of TERRORIST ideology, yet now you are complaining about his comparison to the Iraq war? You should try and find a childrens message board to debate things. This site is a bit above your head i think.

invading iraq didn't solve the "terror ideology". Had it, then you pussy motherfuckers wouldn't still be using the same, tired fucking talking point that was busy being used back when Ken Mehlman headed the gop. Seriously, you are no one to tell anyone else about deep topics given how waterlogged your retarded fucking posts are in this thread.

You have no basis for talking to me about respect for American troops. More to the point, you have no basis to use American troops as a tool to promote your immoral agenda. Now take GB's advice and find a message board with training wheels before you get hurt.

New Topics

Forum List

Back