Keystone xl pipeline.

I know it will bring higher prices to the midwest and kill jobs over the long term. Sure Americans can have the oil if they are willing to pay more for Canadian oil.

OMG take an emergency enema! :lol:

You're so full of shit it's unreal.

We are your number one supplier. Canada does not make your gas prices go up fool.

And you are now claiming that the Keystone project will kill jobs? Prove it happened with the other Keystone pipelines with links.

By all means. I can't wait. Or are you just regurgitating the bullshit you've been fed?

:eusa_angel:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...tar-sands-pipeline-would-drive-up-prices.html

So you are just regurgitating back all the bullshit you've been fed. I can't believe you tried to validate your position with a link back to one of your own threads.

:lmao:

Once again tell me how the other two Keystone pipeline projects drove up gas prices please.

I really can't wait.

I know it will bring higher prices to the midwest and kill jobs over the long term. Sure Americans can have the oil if they are willing to pay more for Canadian oil.

Unlikely to bring higher prices, unless the prices are higher globally. Certainly it doesn't kill jobs, they won't be shipping in Canadians to repair and run the pipe through the States, and it is SO much nicer to pay the Canadians for their oil than anyone from OPEC. Canadians take their money, come down across the border into Washington state and spend it! Versus funding religious schools where they teach their children to blow themselves killing whichever school bus, nunnery or movie theater they can get into.

Give the money to the Canadians! Damn straight!

OMG take an emergency enema! :lol:

You're so full of shit it's unreal.

We are your number one supplier. Canada does not make your gas prices go up fool.

And you are now claiming that the Keystone project will kill jobs? Prove it happened with the other Keystone pipelines with links.

By all means. I can't wait. Or are you just regurgitating the bullshit you've been fed?

:eusa_angel:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...tar-sands-pipeline-would-drive-up-prices.html

So you are just regurgitating back all the bullshit you've been fed. I can't believe you tried to validate your position with a link back to one of your own threads.

:lmao:

Once again tell me how the other two Keystone pipeline projects drove up gas prices please.

I really can't wait.

There is no bullshit about it. Even the the TransCanada oil company admits in it's own report that prices will rise and the oil is for the global market.

There is no bullshit about it. Even the the TransCanada oil company admits in it's own report that prices will rise and the oil is for the global market.

Of COURSE it's a global market, that is the entire POINT. Drop scads of Canadian crude on it and only one of two things can happen, OPEC can try and defend the current price by pumping less, thereby gutting their domestic spending and leaving themselves open to an Arab Spring event, or the price, globally, goes down because of all the new supply our friendly neighbors to the north bring online.

They of course will make more for their product, which is good for Canada, the US gets the jobs building and running the pipeline, achieve security of supply because certainly WE will buy the refined products as well, and we can tell the Saudi's to DRINK their oil for all we care because we Americans, we LOVE CANADIANS!!!!!

Of COURSE it's a global market, that is the entire POINT. Drop scads of Canadian crude on it and only one of two things can happen, OPEC can try and defend the current price by pumping less, thereby gutting their domestic spending and leaving themselves open to an Arab Spring event, or the price, globally, goes down because of all the new supply our friendly neighbors to the north bring online.

They of course will make more for their product, which is good for Canada, the US gets the jobs building and running the pipeline, achieve security of supply because certainly WE will buy the refined products as well, and we can tell the Saudi's to DRINK their oil for all we care because we Americans, we LOVE CANADIANS!!!!!

I don't know how friendly they are..they gave us Justin Bieber. Higher prices will kill any benefit one might receive from a few temporary jobs. and there is no guarantee these jobs will go to Americans. It is good for Canada but bad for America.

I don't know how friendly they are..they gave us Justin Bieber. Higher prices will kill any benefit one might receive from a few temporary jobs. and there is no guarantee these jobs will go to Americans. It is good for Canada but bad for America.

You obviously did not read my other posts.

The numbers given are solid numbers. Not opinion on a message board. This isn't peanuts. It's a big deal.

Construction and development of the Keystone XL and Gulf Coast Pipeline Projects is anticipated to generate $20 billion in economic impact in the United States, including $99 million in local government revenues and $486 million in state government revenues during construction.

The pipelines will also generate an estimated $5 billion in additional property taxes during their operational life.

Keystone is employing American workers. And we aren't talking just a few jobs. We are talking thousands of jobs for Americans.

And Trans Canada is as solid financially as the rock of Gibraltar unlike Solyndra and other pet green projects that are now bankrupt after taking millions of American tax payer dollars).

The spikes in prices are due to a perceived shortage of refined crude, and manipulation of the market. Last month in the midwest we saw a spike of .80 cents per gallon as five refineries shut down at the same time for "maintenance". Funny how this happened during the week before Memorial Day. The price hikes have nothing to do with actual supply anymore as delivery doesn't happen on a daily basis. It used to be the price only changed when the truck delivered to the station, Now the prices are changed on a daily basis. There is no stability in the current way the market is run.
Over the last couple of decades the evnironuts have filed lawsuits to block the building of new refineries which in turn drives prices of gasoline up as demand increases. There is no oil shortage, but created shortages of gasoline due to speculative market manipulation and these attempts to block the refineries and the pipeline. North America has far more reserves than the Middle East and North America is the third largest producer of crude behind Russia and Saudi Arabia. We need the pipeline and more refinery capacity.

The spikes in prices are due to a perceived shortage of refined crude, and manipulation of the market. Last month in the midwest we saw a spike of .80 cents per gallon as five refineries shut down at the same time for "maintenance". Funny how this happened during the week before Memorial Day. The price hikes have nothing to do with actual supply anymore as delivery doesn't happen on a daily basis. It used to be the price only changed when the truck delivered to the station, Now the prices are changed on a daily basis. There is no stability in the current way the market is run.
Over the last couple of decades the evnironuts have filed lawsuits to block the building of new refineries which in turn drives prices of gasoline up as demand increases. There is no oil shortage, but created shortages of gasoline due to speculative market manipulation and these attempts to block the refineries and the pipeline. North America has far more reserves than the Middle East and North America is the third largest producer of crude behind Russia and Saudi Arabia. We need the pipeline and more refinery capacity.

For someone with the name "petro" you sure are silly. At least that first part.

Last edited:

As for the first part I lived it...
Prices hit a record $4.27 a gallon in Minnesota on May 20, up 80 cents in less than a month, according to AAA’s Daily Fuel Gauge Report. In North Dakota, where the production of crude oil has been booming, gasoline prices set a record of $4.24 on Wednesday, up 64 cents in less than a month.
Gasoline prices spike in Midwest - Washington Post

Now within two weeks it has dropped that .80 cents again, how can you deny market manipulation? Care to elaborate?

I guess I would rather be called silly than a stupid fuck. :cool:

More on the midwest "shortage"...

U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar has asked the U.S. Department of Energy to investigate the steep increase in Minnesota gas prices over the past few weeks.

Gasoline industry officials say regional gas prices have jumped 80 cents in the past month and 30 cents in the past week because of both unexpected and planned shutdowns at gasoline refineries.

But Klobuchar said the impact of temporary closures shouldn't have so much impact on the price consumers have to pay.

In a letter to Energy Secretary Steven Chu, the Democratic senator called on the Department of Energy to thoroughly examine the closures and timing of scheduled maintenance operations to prevent future supply shocks that cause gas prices to rise.
Klobuchar asks Department of Energy to act on gas prices - TwinCities.com

I remember when Fox said it would create a million jobs.

Doing what? Clean up?

Every energy plan the GOP comes up with involves foreign oil. And nothing else.

As for the first part I lived it...
Prices hit a record $4.27 a gallon in Minnesota on May 20, up 80 cents in less than a month, according to AAA’s Daily Fuel Gauge Report. In North Dakota, where the production of crude oil has been booming, gasoline prices set a record of $4.24 on Wednesday, up 64 cents in less than a month.
Gasoline prices spike in Midwest - Washington Post

Now within two weeks it has dropped that .80 cents again, how can you deny market manipulation? Care to elaborate?

I guess I would rather be called silly than a stupid fuck. :cool:

LOL ok you caught me. I just didn't want the thread to get moved for my vile vernacular. Ergo my edit.

So, you "lived it"? In what fashion? As a consumer paying over $4 for gasoline?

You poor little baby.

Try being one of those hapless bitches that actually produce American crude oil .

Market manipulation? You don't know markets. Neither crude nor retail product.

Interesting articles related to oil market fluctuations...
We Must Address Oil-Market Volatility - WSJ.com
online.wsj.com/article/SB124699813615707481.html

Volatility in Natural Gas and Oil Markets - MIT
web.mit.edu/rpindyck/www/Papers/Vol_NG.pdf

Crude Oil Market Volatility | Prometheus Institute
prometheus.org/2012/10/11/crude-oil-market-volatility/

I could post dozens of articles related to market volatility, I have educated the hell out of myself on this issue from many sources, I simply don't fall for the "sound bites" given to us that it is simply supply and demand. It is based on a speculative perception of that supply and demand and has nothing to do with the actual supply that is available at any given time. You are welcome to prove me wrong, but I probably won't buy into it, ant more than the typical excuses doled out to us by the cartels.

We can agree on one thing though. I see Obama as the worst president since Jimmy Carter.

Interesting articles related to oil market fluctuations...
We Must Address Oil-Market Volatility - WSJ.com
online.wsj.com/article/SB124699813615707481.html

Volatility in Natural Gas and Oil Markets - MIT
web.mit.edu/rpindyck/www/Papers/Vol_NG.pdf

Crude Oil Market Volatility | Prometheus Institute
prometheus.org/2012/10/11/crude-oil-market-volatility/

I could post dozens of articles related to market volatility, I have educated the hell out of myself on this issue from many sources, I simply don't fall for the "sound bites" given to us that it is simply supply and demand. It is based on a speculative perception of that supply and demand and has nothing to do with the actual supply that is available at any given time. You are welcome to prove me wrong, but I probably won't buy into it, ant more than the typical excuses doled out to us by the cartels.

We can agree on one thing though. I see Obama as the worst president since Jimmy Carter.

Can't touch this.

Boom boom ba doomp. Ba doomp, ba doomp.

Can't touch this.

Can't touch this.

Can't touch this.

Forum List

Back