Keystone XL Pipeline - too hot for Obama

republican controlled nebraska also wants the pipeline delayed due to the possible effects it could have on their state........

Who in Nebraska wants it held back? An entire state doesn't have an opinion.

I think the Nebraska folks just want to avoid certain sensitive areas, probably over their aquifer. Doubt that they wanted to block it, just reroute it. Except for the environmentalists though, they definitely want to kill it.

My impression about Obama since early in his presidency has been that when things look iffy, he hangs back.

If something happens which he can take credit for, then he'll step up and act like he was part of it all along. If he can't figure out a way to use it for what he hopes will be good publicity, he keeps hanging back.

That Obama struck again yesterday. Do Democrats not see this side of him? Or do they have to pretend not to because admitting it would lead to other uncomfortable questions?

Keystone XL pipeline decision delayed until after 2012 election - latimes.com

Both Prime Minister Harper and our Finance Minister have all ready gone "Fuck you" to Obama.

We are going to bring the pipeline to ports to ship to Asia. You have such a horrid losing economy Canucks are getting to the point that we don't need you whatsoever.

Now Levin last night recognized this move by the moronic twit in the WH is just to begin with cost 20,000 construction jobs.

So to preserve his "enviro" bullshit, he just cost 20,000 construction workers their jobs.

When you put an academic in office, this is what you get. I feel sorry for those and yes I listen to radio out of Fargo and Roseau Badger Greenbush who know what they just lost to the moronic twits out of Washington.

Thanks TD for the perspective from up your way.

You know I love you more than my luggage down south. How the hell could he do this to all of you?

It's more than the 20,000 construction workers that will lose their jobs. It's the hotel people and restaurant people and gas station and grocery store and bar people who will now be denied this boom.

All the supporting industries. Obama to get 3 votes in the enviro movement has now just killed what?

I watch PBS Newshour to get my daily dose of liberal balance.

What I have found is that left & right, people agree that this was a political decision made for political reasons because this is the year before the election.

Obama would rather take another hit for not being a leader than commit to something and be guaranteed to have a large part of his constituency angry with him.

You know I love you more than my luggage down south. How the hell could he do this to all of you?

It's more than the 20,000 construction workers that will lose their jobs. It's the hotel people and restaurant people and gas station and grocery store and bar people who will now be denied this boom.

All the supporting industries. Obama to get 3 votes in the enviro movement has now just killed what?

Excellent point about all the potential jobs which are impacted by this nondecision.

Being an empty noncommittal suit is how he has advanced in every aspect of his life. He never wins when he shows who he is. Only when he keeps the potential open and lets people keep up the hope that he might be what they have been dreaming about.

When he commits he gets blowback.

Why would he change now? Even to help the economy.

Zing of the day:

Leading from behind is one thing. This pipeline decision is cowering under the table.

Except this is just not funny. Too much was at stake. I don't get off on laughing at Obama just for the sake of laughing at him. I wish he was a leader.

This country cannot function without energy and this Progressive (aka Marxist/Communist who have to hide their true colors) administration have done everything possible to make energy as difficult and expensive to obtain from day one.

Maybe we should demand all heat and electricity should be shut off to the WH for the messiah and the First Female Moochell Obama and see how the ruling elite like it.

So, how is this pipeline different from the one that the Obama admin approved and heralded in 2009? The one they then called "shovel-ready".

From the U.S. Dep't of State website:

(my bold highlights)

The Department found that the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer. Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply.

Approval of the permit sends a positive economic signal, in a difficult economic period, about the future reliability and availability of a portion of United States’ energy imports, and in the immediate term, this shovel-ready project will provide construction jobs for workers in the United States.

Permit for Alberta Clipper Pipeline Issued

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back