Keystone pipeline shuts down after large oil spill (5,000 barrels of oil spilled in South Dakota)

The proverbial 'bright' side?

well, no. not opening it would have been the bright side. but at least the people victimized weren't people who said this would happen and fought against it.

The BP spill was ten to _______ times larger. All that did was destroy the Gulf of Mexico for a couple of years. TD wrote "pick your poison", sounds like that is the situation. Still, it is South Dakota's problem, correct? (Until the sludge didperses into other states in the uh area.) Cold comfort is better than 'bright side', yes. Thank you.

and? what does that have to do with something happening on our soil which we (normal people) said would be a problem.

is there some reason you're ranting and raving?

I said something sort of tongue in cheek. but the reality is, we knew this would happen. we said this would happen and we said we didn't want the pipeline. rightwingnuts hate the environment and intentionally destroy it. so who do you think should take personal responsibility for the ignorant as hell vote that allowed the pipeline to be built?

Many were against the "pipe dream" as I termed it. The spills are getting larger, but as a country we all pay for the mistakes of the past. I rant & rave as you term out of frustration, these spills cannot be minimized, and the pipe remains. Who wants to pay for the folly? All your points are valid, I am fatalistic at times. And sarcastic. The recent spill was "only".........the next one may be millions of gallons. Disaster waiting to happen is turning to disaster now.

why would you call it a "pipe dream"? that would normally refer to something good.

we all pay for mistakes? funny... I keep hearing rightwingnuts talk about how they shouldn't have to pay for healthcare for women... and how everyone has to suck it up.

except when it's righties?

Came to mind when the pipeline was only proposed. Going through granite, tornado land, tropical storm country, and adding in human error. Pipe dream* became a nightmare. * I use to refer to an idea that is unrealistic. No comfort that the area is said to be the older pipe line.

I guess trying to be immune to the conservative inconsistancies takes more effort that I can muster, all the time. : )

Last edited:

Forum List

Back