Keystone Pipeline Dead? Not so Fast!

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Keystone Pipeline dead? Not so fast!

Report: Obama has no constitutional authority on oil decision

When President Obama denied a permit for the $7 billion Keystone pipeline project stretching from Canada to Texas, many feared the project was dead – but a Republican lawmaker is preparing to bypass the president altogether and get the pipeline back on track.

H.R. 3548, submitted by Lee Terry, R-Neb., would take the decision out of Obama’s hands and order the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC, to issue a permit within 30 days.

Some say the decision never belonged to the president anyway.

Report: Obama has no constitutional authority on oil decision

When President Obama denied a permit for the $7 billion Keystone pipeline project stretching from Canada to Texas, many feared the project was dead – but a Republican lawmaker is preparing to bypass the president altogether and get the pipeline back on track.

H.R. 3548, submitted by Lee Terry, R-Neb., would take the decision out of Obama’s hands and order the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC, to issue a permit within 30 days.

Some say the decision never belonged to the president anyway.

Obama thinks it's his because HE controls the EPA...good to see a Congresscritter on the ball.

There were studies done that contradict Obama's supposed environmental concerns. The whole matter is sheer politics by Obama to pander to the envirogeeks.

How does it feel to be a totally misled, fear mongered tool of rich, elitist, greedy rich/corporations? The decision will be made when a safety study is done, not on Rush Limbaugh/Fox/Pub electioneering BS schedule...

How does it feel to be a totally misled, fear mongered tool of rich, elitist, greedy rich/corporations? The decision will be made when a safety study is done, not on Rush Limbaugh/Fox/Pub electioneering BS schedule...
How does it feel to support a President that put Party and ideology over Country and takes all measures to kill the private sector that built it?

Idiot.

I think it is an extreme waste of money to start a pipeline in Alberta, run it all the way through the Keystone State, and then down to New Orleans.[/CENTER]
Why don't they just go from Alberta right down through Nebraska to New Orleans?[/CENTER]
;)

Any of the Righties here know who's going to supply the steel to build this pipeline? :eusa_whistle: I'll give you a hint: It aint Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
Any of the Righties here know who's going to supply the steel to build this pipeline? :eusa_whistle: I'll give you a hint: It aint Pittsburgh.

Any of the lefties here know who owns the battery plants to supply the Chevy Volt? :eusa_whistle: I'll give you a hint: It aint GM.

Last edited:

Link?

Republicorp never told you this? :eusa_eh: :lol:
Fact Check: Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline Isn't A Job Creator | ThinkProgress
TransCanada has already purchased most of the steel it intends to use for the pipeline from India

http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/globallaborinstitute/research/upload/GLI_KeystoneXL_Reportpdf.pdf
KXL will require over 800,000 tons of carbon steel pipe.
TransCanada has contracted
with an Indian multi-national company, the Mumbai-based Welspun Corp Limited, and a
Russian company, Evraz, to manufacture steel pipe for KXL.

Last edited:
As Franco has noted, Obama has not ruled out the pipeline, he says that he just wants more time to review. Anyway, I can think of few things less effective than a congressman trying to get around the White House through legislation that Obama would have to sign. The bill's sponsor admits that he has no reason to believe the Senate would pass the current version, much less that Obama would sign it.

Forum List

Back