Keynesian economics

So much easier to just walk away than face up to to your silly knee jerk answers to things huh?

Tell me how lenders who had nothing to do with Fanny and freddy failed do to sub prime?

Tell me why 100 times the amount of law required sub primes were written?

Tell me how the lenders were able to bundle these subprimes into investments they then falsely labeled triple a investments?

Can you answer any of these questions newbie?

If they are ONLY refereeing who is making the laws you nitwitt?
Oh christ you are retarded. The executive branch enforces the rules, the legislative branch makes the rules, the judicial branch interprets the rules. They are all the government. The instant the rules are used to benefit a party over another it becomes a crooked game. Or if you misinterpret the rules to force an outcome, it's a crooked game.

Are you this fucking stupid and partisan you won't admit the fact you are attacking an analogy for no good purpose you fascist fuck?

Ask CONHOG about sub-prime loans. I think he lost his home (Trailer).

Tell me how lenders who had nothing to do with Fanny and freddy failed do to sub prime?

Your question is nonsensical however....Affordable housing programs included 'stated income' qualifications along with admonitions by Fannie NOT to 'discriminate' with regard to low income folks. The Fair Housing Act was used as a 'club' to enforce making loans to as many folks as possible. This had the effect of causing instability in the mortgage derivatives used for investment purposes. Since Fannie Mae backed these mortgage instruments (every loan was underwritten by Fannie) they were thought to be stable.

That sentence is wholly unintelligible

Tell me how the lenders were able to bundle these subprimes into investments they then falsely labeled triple a investments?

Fannie Mae backed them. Remember when Barney Frank was questioned by the Bush Administration about the solvency (or lack thereof) of Fannie Mae and Barney started ranting about how Fannie was perfectly solvent? Well...he was wrong. However Barney won the day and the mortgage-backed investments were thought to be solvent.

Just did 'Einstein'....

Last edited:

Your question is nonsensical however....Affordable housing programs included 'stated income' qualifications along with admonitions by Fannie NOT to 'discriminate' with regard to low income folks. The Fair Housing Act was used as a 'club' to enforce making loans to as many folks as possible. This had the effect of causing instability in the mortgage derivatives used for investment purposes. Since Fannie Mae backed these mortgage instruments (every loan was underwritten by Fannie) they were thought to be stable.

Fannie Mae backed them. Remember when Barney Frank was questioned by the Bush Administration about the solvency (or lack thereof) of Fannie Mae and Barney started ranting about how Fannie was perfectly solvent? Well...he was wrong. However Barney won the day and the mortgage-backed investments were thought to be solvent.

Just did 'Einstein'....

You'll learn real fast that it's useless discussing issues with her.

Just did 'Einstein'....

You'll learn real fast that it's useless discussing issues with her.

Thanks for the head's-up.

Editec,
. . , , I appreciate civil and intelligent responses such as yours. Always concurring on everything is an unrealistic expectation, (unless one or both parties are trying to seduce the other). I naïvely believe people of good will profit from considering each other’s viewpoints and opinions can be modified.

Government’s TEMPORARY expenditures for stimulus programs during economic recession or depression stress are popular. When stimulus dollars are spent for needs that are likely in the future to increase and their amounts (due to currency inflation) are additionally more likely to increase, they are both economically and politically sensible.

You don’t agree in principle? I posit, (I never before encountered this word), that ‘are likely in the future” as what may or may not determine a specific stimuli to be economically sensible.

What purchases should be government produced or outsourced is a separate topic. I believe rather than as a matter of policy, different types of expenditures should be considered on a case by case basis. Road’s are built by private contractors but government agencies write the specifications and oversee the contractors. It’s not perfect but I’m unaware of a superior method.

You wrote “We can do better”; that’s an exception to the axiom concerning "all of the people all of the time". Almost all of us, almost always agree we can and should do better.

Respectfully, Supposn

Editec,
. . , , I appreciate civil and intelligent responses such as yours. Always concurring on everything is an unrealistic expectation, (unless one or both parties are trying to seduce the other). I naïvely believe people of good will profit from considering each other’s viewpoints and opinions can be modified.

Well that's the theory behind why we bother with free speech, isn't it?

Government’s TEMPORARY expenditures for stimulus programs during economic recession or depression stress are popular. When stimulus dollars are spent for needs that are likely in the future to increase and their amounts (due to currency inflation) are additionally more likely to increase, they are both economically and politically sensible.

You don’t agree in principle?

Yes, I DO agree in principle.

I posit, (I never before encountered this word), that ‘are likely in the future” as what may or may not determine a specific stimuli to be economically sensible.

My point was that depending on circumstance Government either stimulates a fibrilating economy, or dampens an overheated one.

It does this through monetary policy, mostly, but in extreme circumstance it does that though things like WPA or TARP projects.

What purchases should be government produced or outsourced is a separate topic.

Yup. And there's no single formula for how should be done, either. What should be done depends on what NEEDS to be done

I believe rather than as a matter of policy, different types of expenditures should be considered on a case by case basis. Road’s are built by private contractors but government agencies write the specifications and oversee the contractors. It’s not perfect but I’m unaware of a superior method.

Agreed.

You wrote “We can do better”; that’s an exception to the axiom concerning "all of the people all of the time". Almost all of us, almost always agree we can and should do better.

Respectfully, Supposn

My point was merely to express my ire that the stimulus program enacted was poorly designed.

In fact it seems to be bassakwards to me.

We seem to have mostly been stimulating PRODUCTION (by rewarding the already too well off) rather than stimulating DEMAND (by advancing the state of economy of the CONSUMING class).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back