Keynesian economics 101

When we were handing out tax breaks to billionaires, was that Keynesian econ 101, too, professor?

Cause I don't know whether you've noticed it or not, yet, but that isn't working out so well for us either.

How do you explain that those "tax breaks to Billionaires" increased total revenues the Fed took in?

Check your facts. I believe you've been misinformed.

Do you even think about what you say or do you just regurgitate a Democrat Talking point like a robot?

When I complain about what the Dems are doing -- something that I often do on this very board -- I do so based on the facts as I understand them.

Regardless of my complaints about the Dems, complaints that are many and varied, I am STILL going to bitch about the mistakes the Reps have made, too

Ya see..that's the difference between a philosopher and partisan.

The partisan has to avoid the facts in order to make his case.

A philosopher has to let the facts inform his opinions.

Attacking me personally, just because we disagree on this issue, only makes you look intellectually weak.

You are a mean spirited -- but not especially effective --ASCII bully wannbe.

You got no game, Charles.

That's why you're a troll.

In order to advance the Progressive Agenda, FDR and the Fed intentionally prolonged the Depression.

Keynesian Economics = Epic Fail 100% of the time.

This is why economics is so confusing to most people, it is taught in order to make sense of the utterly senseless

That is also why you never hear about the light speed turn around from the Depression of 1920-21, until now.

http://www.thefreemanonline.org/featured/the-depression-youve-never-heard-of-1920-1921/#

Last edited:
Congress passes the Emergency Banking Bill, the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933, the Farm Credit Act, the National Industrial Recovery Act and the Truth-in-Securities Act. (More)

now that reads Keynesian

however, they have changed the Volcker/Lincoln act into a compromise here, mainly through what i understand are corporate influences

so it can be said true Keynesianism is no longer possible here, because there is no unbiased public entity free of private meddlings

Congress passes the Emergency Banking Bill, the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933, the Farm Credit Act, the National Industrial Recovery Act and the Truth-in-Securities Act. (More)

now that reads Keynesian

however, they have changed the Volcker/Lincoln act into a compromise here, mainly through what i understand are corporate influences

so it can be said true Keynesianism is no longer possible here, because there is no unbiased public entity free of private meddlings

There are many other countries where the government centrally plans the economy free of the bothersome meddling of the People.

now that reads Keynesian

There are many other countries where the government centrally plans the economy free of the bothersome meddling of the People.
Makes one think back to the glory days of pre 1913 in the USA.

now that reads Keynesian

Makes one think back to the glory days of pre 1913 in the USA.

The 16th Amendment whacked the States like it was the Corleone Baptism.

from your article there Frank>

The conclusion seems obvious to anyone whose mind is not firmly locked into the Keynesian or monetarist framework: The free market works. Even in the face of massive shocks requiring large structural adjustments, the best thing the government can do is cut its own budget and return more resources to the private sector. For its part, the Federal Reserve doesn’t help matters by flooding the shell-shocked credit markets with green pieces of paper. Prices can adjust to clear labor and other markets soon enough, in light of the new fundamentals, if only the politicians and central bankers would get out of the way

How can they claim the free market works when Hank Paulson exploded on the floor of Congress re; Wall street going t*ts up?

~S~

Keynesian always made me throw up in my mouth a little. How is that different than the soviet experiment or the chineese one?

Good Q really

just how do we quantify a kenyesian economy?

methinks there's a basic practice/ preach disconnect going on, in that the powers that be who claim they are Kenyesians don't really operate as the definition applies

or more perhaps the general gestalt is Austrian (or monetorized?), while they use the Keynesian model to run interference for it

but doesn't the whole shebang sugar off to a market without our widening disparity?

i mean, if the robber barons are allowed to make $$$ on the failure of any given populace, Kenyesianism no longer applies right?

~S~

WASHINGTON (AP) – The government is handing out nearly $2 billion for new solar plants that President Barack Obama says will create thousands of jobs and increase the use of renewable energy sources.
Obama announced the initiative in his weekly radio and online address Saturday, saying the money is part of his plan to bring new industries to the U.S.
“We’re going to keep competing aggressively to make sure the jobs and industries of the future are taking root right here in America,” Obama said.
The two companies that will receive the money from the president’s $862 billion economic stimulus are Abengoa Solar, which will build one of the world’s largest solar plants in Arizona, creating 1,600 construction jobs; and Abound Solar Manufacturing, which is building plants in Colorado and Indiana. The Obama administration says those projects will create more than 2,000 construction jobs and 1,500 permanent jobs.

Lets see, 2,000,000,000 dollars/1500 jobs = 1,333,333 dollars per job. Hahahahaha.................

Hey...it's worth it to become the leader in clean energy production.

Yup.

Calling that TARP and stimulus plan that we just witnessed Keynesian economics is rather like calling what Bush II did Keynesian econ.

We are being gamed here, folks.

All of us who are not directly benefitting from this are victims of this unholy alliance between SOME very wealthy people (certainly not all of them!) and their tools in government.

Its not a class war in the traditional sense, but the effects end up feeling like one for those of us NOT well heeled enough to protect ourseves from its outcome.

Keynesian always made me throw up in my mouth a little. How is that different than the soviet experiment or the chineese one?
you're bright to point out that they are all experiments, i guess.

keynes' system is capitalist economic system, constituting a major difference between mao's and lenin's projects which largely ignored economics for social agendas, altogether.

You get the soviet 100 million pounds of bolts with 3 bolts, they then aske for 3 million bolts and you get 3 million microscopic bolts. Central control never has worked and never will.

Problem being that when you centralize economic control to the point the Keynes' goofy economic scams call for, you end up attracting people with radical political social agendas.

more than yours or topspin's centralized control preoccupation, keynes presented the idea that currency need not be introduced to the economy exclusively through banks. that is more fundamental to keynesian econ than any planning observation.

just about any macroeconomic school has a government role dependent on the business cycle. is this control? if you advocate decentralized control, do you mean that each state should cut its own currency?

Central economic control is an essential feature of Keynesian economic models...That and the presumption that the Keynesian economist is a mass mind reader.

As long as the currency is redeemable for something of substance, it doesn't matter who issues it.

i would say all macroeconomics, to include so-called conservative angles, entail central control - particularly of the money supply. economics is mass mind-reading, practically by definition, dude. while you contend there's no difference between supply-side and 'demand-side' (aka keynesian) macroeconomics, i think that's just crazy.

i think that a tender's redemption value is predicated by the practices and wherewithal of the issuer, making the issuer one of the most important components of monetary policy. afterall, money is issued as a tool of the economy, not just for giggles - more goes into that than redemption value, history has shown.

Supply side and demand side economic models are merely two sides of the same Keynesian coin.

There is no "conservative angle" to economics any more than there's a "conservative angle" to meteorology. There's a vast difference between telling me what the weather will probably be like tomorrow and why, and making the claim that you can turn a rainy day into a sunny one by printing up some extra tickets to the ball game.

The fact that the Soviet and Chinese experiments included the nationalization of production and keynesian economis doesn't?

Seriously, you didn't know that?

New Topics

Forum List

Back