Key Republicans Backing Health Reform

Not the 9 billion dollars a year from illegals
California's Illegal Aliens Cost Taxpayers Nearly $9 Billion A Year : Diggers Realm

Nor the green policies that the democrats and Arnie have pushed through, that are pushing out businesses and business growth in the great state.
Heliogenic Climate Change: Green policies are killing California

So you're using people's blogs to cite as sources, now? Nifty... and one of those blogs looks like it belongs to a sun-centric cult.... Nice.

Do your own research.....it doesn't take a rocket scientist. You mean to tell me that it doesn't cost the state for illegals? Is that what your saying?
Here are some numbers from the blog... show where they aren't true.

"When Silicon Valley-based Intel said this week that it would invest $7 billion to expand, it should have been a time of rejoicing for California. But it isn't. Indeed, it only underscores the state's problems.

The world's leading maker of microprocessors plans to create 7,000 jobs in new and expanded plants that will churn out computer chips 30% more powerful than the current generation of chips.
But California-based Intel won't make them in California.

Instead, the company is expanding in Oregon, Arizona and New Mexico. Anywhere but California, which is now so unfriendly to business, even its home-grown firms don't want to expand there.

This is bad news for the Golden State, which has one of the worst business environments in the country [it ranks 48th out of 50]. ...

As Intel shows, businesses are struggling to stay and grow in California. In the first 10 months of last year, the state lost 25,000 high-quality manufacturing jobs — and has lost 25% of its industrial work force since 2001, according to the California Manufacturers & Technology Association. ...

Businesses face huge costs to remain or expand. According to the Milken Institute's Business Cost Index, California businesses face overall costs that are 23% higher than other states on average. ...
http://heliogenic.blogspot.com/2009/02/green-policies-are-killing-california.html

In hosting America's largest population of illegal immigrants, California bears a huge cost to provide basic human services for this fast growing, low-income segment of its population. A new study from the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) examines the costs of education, health care and incarceration of illegal aliens, and concludes that the costs to Californians is $10.5 billion per year.
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/immigrationnaturalizatio/a/caillegals.htm

Any questions??????

Last edited:
I wonder why the radical right (and the radical left for that matter) are so intent on trying to smear anyone who dares to differ with their opinion.

Arnold's Governor of a state hit extremely hard by the economic crisis and continual natural disasters...they need to do away with our corporate run "deathcare" system which is killing business growth and the government run death penalty system which is bankrupting California...

California

Report of the California Commission on the Fair Administration of Justice

“The additional cost of confining an inmate to death row, as compared to the maximum security prisons where those sentenced to life without possibility of parole ordinarily serve their sentences, is $90,000 per year per inmate. With California’s current death row population of 670, that accounts for $63.3 million annually

Using conservative rough projections, the Commission estimates the annual costs of the present (death penalty) system to be $137 million per year.

The cost of the present system with reforms recommended by the Commission to ensure a fair process would be $232.7 million per year.

The cost of a system in which the number of death-eligible crimes was significantly narrowed would be $130 million per year.

The cost of a system which imposes a maximum penalty of lifetime incarceration instead of the death penalty would be $11.5 million per year.

Commission on the Fair Administration of Justice, June 30, 2008).

So it has to do with the prison system that has been the main reason for California and it's problems? I see...

Not the 9 billion dollars a year from illegals
California's Illegal Aliens Cost Taxpayers Nearly $9 Billion A Year : Diggers Realm

Nor the green policies that the democrats and Arnie have pushed through, that are pushing out businesses and business growth in the great state.
Heliogenic Climate Change: Green policies are killing California

Facts and Librul Ideas are parallel tracks that never meet

THAT is exactly what I'm saying... there is no 100% of anything, so stuff the polarized arguments...

Today's GOP has become a party of extremists... conservatives without conscience...

Ted Kennedy worked for people over profit or property his whole career...

Conservatives without consceince huh? Simply for opposing your bad policies??

Did you even bother reading the original post? Wow what a conservative Arnold is!

Did you ever consider that you are morally wrong by taking away the freedom of people and handing power to corrupt politicians in Washington DC? Of course not, how could you be wrong?

Have YOU ever considered that our founding fathers CREATED a GOVERNMENT. They would NEVER, EVER allow FOR PROFIT corporations to take away the freedoms of We, the people and decide who lives and who dies BASED ON PROFIT margins???

The Republican party has NO heart and NO conscience today... maybe if you were old enough to remember when Republicans had a conscience you wouldn't sound like such an idiot...

"In all those things which deal with people, be liberal, be human. In all those things which deal with people's money, or their economy, or their form of government, be conservative."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Electoral obscurity? You're already THERE! If the GOP continues down the profit and property before people road they're on, obscurity would be the BEST outcome...extinction would be the most likely outcome...

Tell me you are not insinuating that the Dems (political ones) care about people over profit, property and power.

I believe that there are good hearted Democrats and Republicans, Liberals and Conservatives, in all walks of life. But when a person gets to Washington their life changes. Most go to Washington believing they can do good for America and with every intention of doing so, but it is not long before reality sets in.

Immie

THAT is exactly what I'm saying... there is no 100% of anything, so stuff the polarized arguments...

Today's GOP has become a party of extremists... conservatives without conscience...

Oh my God, did you blow Ted? Ted Kennedy worked for Ted Kennedy and nothing else.

Dems only care about people and Reps only care about profit? Take your head out of you ass. They are all in it for the power.

I suppose that you think Nancy Pelosi is only in it for the good of the people too.

As for polarized arguments, polarized means one side over the other. Seems to me that it is your argument that is polarized not mine.

polarize definition - Dictionary - MSN Encarta

Immie

Tell me you are not insinuating that the Dems (political ones) care about people over profit, property and power.

I believe that there are good hearted Democrats and Republicans, Liberals and Conservatives, in all walks of life. But when a person gets to Washington their life changes. Most go to Washington believing they can do good for America and with every intention of doing so, but it is not long before reality sets in.

Immie

Oh my God, did you blow Ted? Ted Kennedy worked for Ted Kennedy and nothing else.

Dems only care about people and Reps only care about profit? Take your head out of you ass. They are all in it for the power.

I suppose that you think Nancy Pelosi is only in it for the good of the people too.

As for polarized arguments, polarized means one side over the other. Seems to me that it is your argument that is polarized not mine.

Immie

So what you're saying is because right wingers are scum, everyone else is too...you're just honest about being scum?

Immie

So what you're saying is because right wingers are scum, everyone else is too...you're just honest about being scum?

No, I'm saying you have your head up your ass if you think Washington politicians (any party) care about we the people.

Immie

There are good people in both parties... they simply don't work in Washington.

I believe they all start out with good intentions. Unfortunately, in order to survive in Washington politics, they have to "play to game". The game doesn't leave room for those who want to help the people.

Immie

I believe they all start out with good intentions. Unfortunately, in order to survive in Washington politics, they have to "play to game". The game doesn't leave room for those who want to help the people.

Immie

Ted Kennedy helped A LOT of PEOPLE...he never played "the game"...

The Kennedys were never "for sale"...

President Obama has the right idea... corporations, special interests and lobbyists need to be removed from our political process...

Are all Democrats for the people...NO. But in comparison to today's Republicans, they're Mother Teressa

Immie

President Obama has the right idea... corporations, special interests and lobbyists need to be removed from our political process...

Are all Democrats for the people...NO. But in comparison to today's Republicans, they're Mother Teressa

WOW!!! You are blind. :lol:

Immie

WOW... you have no response...

WOW... you have no response...
His response was appropriate to someone like yourself who is living in an alternate reality...

Seek help...

[

That is like saying, "compared to Lucifer Adolf Hitler was a saint."

The parties are not all that different. The players are no different at all. I don't mean that to sound like I believe that people who get into politics are evil people. I simply mean that power leads to corruption and it takes a saint to avoid the corruption. On the other hand, a saint won't have anything to do with politics. Politics is corrupt and everyone of those men and women in Washington have been bit by the power.

Yes, I'm a cynic, but you will never convince me that any Democrat or Republican has the willpower to remain above the corruption that politics brings. That is the reason I am so adamently for term limits.

Immie

The man who commits a crime consoles himself and declares himself "equal" by claiming everyone else is a criminal too.

EVERYONE in Washington is not just in it for themself - many could make more money in the private sector without all the headaches. The people in Washington are no different from from the people in every other city in the U.S. Sometimes they do right, sometimes they do wrong, sometimes their motives are good, sometimes they are not.

This is true regardless of party. But don't let a crook win your vote by claiming the other guy is just as big a crook. There ARE differences and it is our responsibility to select our leaders based on our own perception of those differences. It's easier to just throw up your hands claiming "they're all crooks" - it relieves us of our responsibility doesn't it?
But don't give in to that temptation. Do the homework - tune out the hyper-partisan noise. Make up your own mind. It's not about party - it's about people - and country.

Last edited:
The man who commits a crime consoles himself and declares himself "equal" by claiming everyone else is a criminal too.

EVERYONE in Washington is not just in it for themself - many could make more money in the private sector without all the headaches. The people in Washington are no different from from the people in every other city in the U.S. Sometimes they do right, sometimes they do wrong, sometimes their motives are good, sometimes they are not.

This is true regardless of party. But don't let a crook win your vote by claiming the other guy is just as big a crook. There ARE differences and it is our responsibility to select our leaders based on our own perception of those differences. It's easier to just throw up your hands claiming "they're all crooks" - it relieves us of our responsibility doesn't it?
But don't give in to that temptation. Do the homework - tune out the hyper-partisan noise. Make up your own mind. It's not about party - it's about people - and country.

Are you claiming I'm a crook? ;)

I do drive faster than the speed limit, but does that make me a crook?

Honestly, I would never consider entering politics because I believe that it is impossible to avoid the temptations that are thrown at them and that includes me. I don't fault them. I simply believe that they would have to be God himself to stay above the fray.

Immie

Are you claiming I'm a crook?

I do drive faster than the speed limit, but does that make me a crook?

Honestly, I would never consider entering politics because I believe that it is impossible to avoid the temptations that are thrown at them and that includes me. I don't fault them. I simply believe that they would have to be God himself to stay above the fray.
NOT AT ALL - I didn't mean to call anyone a crook. What I meant to say is that it is very difficult to wade through all the hyper-partisan noise to get to truth. It is easier to just throw up your hands and say no one politician is any better than another ...
But I strongly believe that there IS a difference and that it DOES matter - it may just be a matter of degree though.

Forum List

Back