Keurig coffee maker....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
...so finally got one. Actually Bonz bought me one for my bday.
I have favorite coffee that does not come in k-cups, so she bought me a reusable cup/filter.
I must say after trying a few different settings, it makes a fine cup of coffee....and damn fast.
Our favorite coffee is Gevalia Guatemala Special Reserve.
What are some fav prepackaged kcups you like?

Last edited:
happy birthday man
I have had oen for a couple years and love it. It takes longer to get ready than it does to brew lol..
My favorite is starbucks medium roast but i only get it on sale. 8 bucks for 14 or 15 cups is too rich for my blood.
I tried the mix n match ones where you get all kinds of different flavors but they all sucked.

happy birthday man
I have had oen for a couple years and love it. It takes longer to get ready than it does to brew lol..
My favorite is starbucks medium roast but i only get it on sale. 8 bucks for 14 or 15 cups is too rich for my blood.
I tried the mix n match ones where you get all kinds of different flavors but they all sucked.

It seems very hit/miss to me. (The taste of brands in Kcups.)
I like smoky/earthy coffee and hate astringent tasting coffee that you find in pretty much all of the major brands. I prefer smoother after taste than the acidic bite of crap corporate blends.
I found some pretty good buys on Amazon, haven't bought any yet.

I had one years ago and I got rid of it

Even with the coffee I pour down the drain it's cheaper to brew in a drip coffee maker

happy birthday man

I like smoky/earthy coffee and hate astringent tasting coffee that you find in pretty much all of the major brands. I prefer smoother after taste than the acidic bite of crap corporate blends.
I prefer espresso over any coffee. An espresso machine will be my next "coffee maker" purchase lol..

Even with the coffee I pour down the drain it's cheaper to brew in a drip coffee maker
very true. The keurig is just more convenient IMO. Throw a cup in, and hit 2 buttons lol

I did not like them years ago, but I had heard the better ones are much better that the cheap ones. And they are.
SHe bought a 2.0 plus. And I do have to say it brews good coffee, there are no less than 7 different brew styles to choose from and then you can set the strength as well.
It took 3-4 cups until I got it to my liking, and I would be hard pressed to tell the difference.
I drink one cup of coffee in the afternoon, and sometimes one more later in the evening on weekends to stay awake. So the benefit of single brewing is significant for me. But never got one for reasons you state.

I

Me too but for a different reason:
I so got hooked on French Vanilla, (coffee is my drug of choice) that I decided I had best throw the rest of the pods away (as I do not like tea) . The sugar and cholesterol in those pods are high. I use drip with a filter as well.

happy birthday man

I prefer espresso over any coffee. An espresso machine will be my next "coffee maker" purchase lol..

I have this set up.
Keep in mind you'll have to buy a proper grinder or you'll never be able to get it to work right.

Rancilio Silvia M and Rocky Doserless Essentials Pack

upload_2018-3-1_8-56-50.png

Forum List

Back