Kerry's Waffling on Iraq Not Easy

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
John Kerry is trying to walk a thin line on Iraq. He is trying to tell the mainstream of America that he's a moderate on the war that he voted for, but that is backfiring with his anti-war base, who supports an immediate withdrawl from Iraq and is assigning him part of the blame for the Iraq War.

--------------------------
NEW YORK - Democrat John Kerry (news - web sites) faulted President Bush (news - web sites) for a unilateral approach toward Iraq (news - web sites) that has created greater dangers for the U.S. military, but the presidential candidate was heckled Wednesday for failing to back the immediate withdrawal of American forces.

"We shouldn't only be tough, we have to be smart. And there's a smarter way to accomplish this mission than this president is pursuing," the four-term Massachusetts senator told reporters at City College of New York following an education event.

Kerry backed the 2002 congressional resolution authorizing the president to use force in Iraq, but since then has been harshly critical of Bush's foreign policy. Maintaining his support for the military operation while challenging the Republican incumbent — and appealing to the Democratic base — has proven to be a tough dilemma for Kerry, evident by Wednesday's events.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=536&e=1&u=/ap/20040414/ap_on_el_pr/kerry

This is typical John Kerry flip flop. He won't talk about the 9-11 comm. either. He is waiting to see which way the wind blows. How can anyone trust this man. I think he has more than one personality.:cuckoo: :lame2:

Originally posted by krisy
This is typical John Kerry flip flop. He won't talk about the 9-11 comm. either. He is waiting to see which way the wind blows. How can anyone trust this man. I think he has more than one personality.:cuckoo: :lame2:

:clap: :clap: I agree..

Forum List

Back