Kerry's Secret Iraq Plan

manu1959 said:
what about his economic plan?

his health care plan?

his perscription drug plan?

Bush is not interested in any plan that puts the american public's interests in front of those of the big corporations.

wade said:
Bush is not interested in any plan that puts the american public's interests in front of those of the big corporations.

big corporations are the ones that employee the public and creat jobs..... those of you that sign the back of the check just don't understand this

is completely concluded...you know just like he had "secret" knowledge yesterday about the outcome of the election, but would only divulge this knowledge AFTER the election...... "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain I am the GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ!!!"

manu1959 said:
big corporations are the ones that employee the public and creat jobs..... those of you that sign the back of the check just don't understand this

This does not mean that we owe them anything beyond our labor or intellectual efforts. You imply that because someone works in coal mine that they have some obligation to accept the coal industry's pouring mercury into the air. No such obligation exists.

Democrat4Bush said:
Wade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprised to see you here.

58,860,600 Americans disagree with you.

As expected. If you look back, I said Bush would win this election months ago.

Wait 4 years and see what happens. The USA will still be occupying Iraq and fighting the insurgency, unless we are driven out which would be even worse. The debt will have grown another $2-3 trillion, and real unemployment will still be at record highs. At least one part of the ecology will be showing clear signs of outright failure. And the wealthy will accumulate an even bigger share of the nations wealth.

In my opinion, it's a good thing that Bush won this election. Had Kerry won, there would have been little he could have accomplished given the makeup of congress, but he would have been blamed for everything. Now, the Republicans will have no scapegoats for what transpires.

Yesterday a caller raised this question to Tony Trupiano on his liberal radio talk-show (aired here in Michigan): "Tony, now that the election is over, don't you think that Senator Kerry should share his plan on Iraq?"

His response, and I quote, "That's Bush's problem!" and he hung up on the guy.

Nice, huh? Well Tony, I've got news for you....it's our problem! Quick definition of "our": all Americans

wade said:
As expected. If you look back, I said Bush would win this election months ago.

Wait 4 years and see what happens. The USA will still be occupying Iraq and fighting the insurgency, unless we are driven out which would be even worse. The debt will have grown another $2-3 trillion, and real unemployment will still be at record highs. At least one part of the ecology will be showing clear signs of outright failure. And the wealthy will accumulate an even bigger share of the nations wealth.

In my opinion, it's a good thing that Bush won this election. Had Kerry won, there would have been little he could have accomplished given the makeup of congress, but he would have been blamed for everything. Now, the Republicans will have no scapegoats for what transpires.

improving and will be fully firing on all cylinders by early next year.. Fallujah is about to be crushed and the "insurgency" (ex-Saddamists and imported terrorits) will be over by the years end.. Jeeezzz It must be awful to awaken every morning in a country you despise... This is the beginning of the END of liberalism's influence on this nation.. Good rittence... And get ahold of some anti-depressants.. I'm concerned about your mental health and fear you may do yourself some harm.....

wade said:
This does not mean that we owe them anything beyond our labor or intellectual efforts. You imply that because someone works in coal mine that they have some obligation to accept the coal industry's pouring mercury into the air. No such obligation exists.

first: i did not imply anything

and

B: don't work in the mine, don't buy coal, don't live near the mine as no such obligation exists

as for drama......pouring mecury into the air! have not all the tree huggers set limits via federal law for how much mercury can be poured into the air and don't you all run around measuring this stuff? and does this not cause certain coal fired energy facilities to shut down as they can not afford to retrofit to meet your standards? thus in saving the evironment you all increase the jobless rate and destroy families

also could you explain how digging a hole in the ground pours mercury into the air? i thought "black lung" and cave ins were the problem in the mines

We now know what Kerry's secret plan was. It was to let Bush win the election so he wouldn't have to come up with a real plan.

phadras said:
improving and will be fully firing on all cylinders by early next year.. Fallujah is about to be crushed and the "insurgency" (ex-Saddamists and imported terrorits) will be over by the years end.. Jeeezzz It must be awful to awaken every morning in a country you despise... This is the beginning of the END of liberalism's influence on this nation.. Good rittence... And get ahold of some anti-depressants.. I'm concerned about your mental health and fear you may do yourself some harm.....

I hope you are correct and the economy will in fact recover, but all the real evidence is to the contrary.

My point is simply that if you are wrong, and the economy tanks and the war in Iraq stagnates, the Republicans will have to bear this fully - they cannot blame anyone else but themselves. And that will be the end of the Christo-fascist movement in the USA.

wade said:
I hope you are correct and the economy will in fact recover, but all the real evidence is to the contrary.

My point is simply that if you are wrong, and the economy tanks and the war in Iraq stagnates, the Republicans will have to bear this fully - they cannot blame anyone else but themselves. And that will be the end of the Christo-fascist movement in the USA.

what evidence? Please point to it. I would like to see it.

manu1959 said:
as for drama......pouring mecury into the air! have not all the tree huggers set limits via federal law for how much mercury can be poured into the air and don't you all run around measuring this stuff? and does this not cause certain coal fired energy facilities to shut down as they can not afford to retrofit to meet your standards? thus in saving the evironment you all increase the jobless rate and destroy families

Ummm... you are not paying attention are you. Bush has crushed the Clean Air Act standards for air pollution, which had required the coal burning industry to clean their emmissions of over 95% of the mercury by 2003. He has extended the requirement for them to make any improvements at all until at least 2012, and pushed back any significant improvements until after 2018.

Installing the scrubbers to remove the mercury would not have shut down a single plant, they would still have made healthy profits, just not quite so much as they will now.

manu1959 said:
also could you explain how digging a hole in the ground pours mercury into the air? i thought "black lung" and cave ins were the problem in the mines

The mercury is in the coal, when you burn it and do not scrub the smoke, it goes strait into the air. One in 6 women in the USA today have mercury levels so high that they cannot give birth to healthy babies because of coal burning plants.

wade said:
Ummm... you are not paying attention are you. Bush has crushed the Clean Air Act standards for air pollution, which had required the coal burning industry to clean their emmissions of over 95% of the mercury by 2003. He has extended the requirement for them to make any improvements at all until at least 2012, and pushed back any significant improvements until after 2018.

Installing the scrubbers to remove the mercury would not have shut down a single plant, they would still have made healthy profits, just not quite so much as they will now.

The mercury is in the coal, when you burn it and do not scrub the smoke, it goes strait into the air. One in 6 women in the USA today have mercury levels so high that they cannot give birth to healthy babies because of coal burning plants.

Bush has given tax incentives to companies to clean up their act and that is working better than mandates.

Forum List

Back