Kerry's Really Lost It Now

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Dangerous ground indeed:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,10797507%5E2703,00.html

US 'endangers Australians'
Roy Eccleston, Washington correspondent
18sep04

JOHN Kerry's campaign has warned Australians that the Howard Government's support for the US in Iraq has made them a bigger target for international terrorists.

Diana Kerry, younger sister of the Democrat presidential candidate, told The Weekend Australian that the Bali bombing and the recent attack on the Australian embassy in Jakarta clearly showed the danger to Australians had increased.

"Australia has kept faith with the US and we are endangering the Australians now by this wanton disregard for international law and multilateral channels," she said, referring to the invasion of Iraq.

Asked if she believed the terrorist threat to Australians was now greater because of the support for Republican George W. Bush, Ms Kerry said: "The most recent attack was on the Australian embassy in Jakarta -- I would have to say that."

Ms Kerry, who taught school in Indonesia for 15 years until 2000, is heading a campaign called Americans Overseas for Kerry which aims to secure the votes of Americans abroad -- including the more than 100,000 living in Australia.

In the 2000 election, analysts say absentee votes cast overseas tipped the balance to Mr Bush in the decisive state of Florida. Domestic votes put Mr Gore ahead by a few hundred votes, but Mr Bush won by 537 after overseas ballots were included.

In this election, which is decided according to the states won, the Kerry campaign says overseas votes could also determine the result given there are a dozen states where victory might be measured by a few hundred to a few thousand votes. About 5million American voters live overseas and interest in this election was high, Ms Kerry said. About 350,000 absentee ballots were distributed in 2000, but more than a million had been sought this time.

"My belief is US citizens living overseas are very concerned about the current direction of the US, particularly in regard to international affairs," she claimed. "They are on the front lines of the decline of US respect and reputation; they hear it and feel it on a daily basis."

A poll by the Washington-based Pew Centre for People and the Press found that in March this year only 58 per cent of Britons, 37 per cent of French and 38 per cent of Germans had favourable opinions of America, down by more than 20 percentage points in each country from before the Iraq war.

Quizzed on US opinion polls that showed Senator Kerry's campaign flagged through August and that he was now running behind Mr Bush, Ms Kerry said her brother would win the November 2 election.

"He responds well to challenges and has the reputation of fighting well from behind," she said.

And Cheney's warnings about further terror attacks if Kerry is voted for, is not treason?

Ali said:
And Cheney's warnings about further terror attacks if Kerry is voted for, is not treason?

Let's put it in context, shall we?

Cheney was remarking that if we return to treating terrorism as a law enforcement issue, meaning treating it reactively instead of proactively, we will be attacked again. I agree with the sentiment.

Notice how Islamofascists and Democratic operatives are using the same talking points now? Sad. F'ing sad.

rtwngAvngr said:
Let's put it in context, shall we?

Cheney was remarking that if we return to treating terrorism as a law enforcement issue, meaning treating it reactively instead of proactively, we will be attacked again. I agree with the sentiment.

Notice how Islamofascists and Democratic operatives are using the same talking points now? Sad. F'ing sad.
Treating terrorism proactively engenders more terrorism. For every terrorist you kill or capture, ten more will rush to fill their place.

When will you accept this?

Ali said:
Treating terrorism proactively engenders more terrorism. For every terrorist you kill or capture, ten more will rush to fill their place.

Then ten more will be killed as well.

Not treating terrorism proactively got the twin towers destroyed.

The cancerous islamofascist evil will no longer be tolerated. Get used to it.

Ali said:

What kind of pussy defeatist attitude is that? It's a damn good thing you aren't involved in my country's national defense strategies.

France is a damn good place for you. Better hope that you don't have to count on them to defend you whilst you live in Paris, because I really doubt we'll bail France out again in light of their recent treachery.

If 10 fill their shoes, we kill those 10. If 100 fill their shoes, we kill that 100. We have plenty of ammo.

You squawk about the USA not having restraint, you can thank your lucky fucking stars that the entire ME isn't a large glass parking lot. Now THAT would have shown you what the USA without restraint was.

And you can bet your ass that those muslim animals would think twice in the future about fucking with the USA.

Are you picking up what I'm laying down?

NightTrain said:
What kind of pussy defeatist attitude is that? It's a damn good thing you aren't involved in my country's national defense strategies.

France is a damn good place for you. Better hope that you don't have to count on them to defend you whilst you live in Paris, because I really doubt we'll bail France out again in light of their recent treachery.

If 10 fill their shoes, we kill those 10. If 100 fill their shoes, we kill that 100. We have plenty of ammo.

You squawk about the USA not having restraint, you can thank your lucky fucking stars that the entire ME isn't a large glass parking lot. Now THAT would have shown you what the USA without restraint was.

And you can bet your ass that those muslim animals would think twice in the future about fucking with the USA.

Are you picking up what I'm laying down?
Yeah, sure you'd nuke the ME. Then where'd you get your oil from? ALASKA?

Wrong answer. This is the disputed statement:

"It's absolutely essential that eight weeks from today, on November 2, we make the right choice, because if we make the wrong choice then the danger is that we'll get hit again and we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States."

In this statement, Cheney does not state that John Kerry will allow more terrorist attacks.

All it does is say that there is a clear choice in the presidential election on the war on terror, which is entirely true and a worthwile point to make.

:link: Again, where does he say there will be "further terror attacks if Kerry is voted for." Maybe your mind is just reaching the logical conclusion.

nbdysfu said:
Wrong answer. This is the disputed statement:

In this statement, Cheney does not state that John Kerry will allow more terrorist attacks.

All it does is say that there is a clear choice in the presidential election on the war on terror, which is entirely true and a worthwile point to make.

:link: Again, where does he say there will be "further terror attacks if Kerry is voted for." Maybe your mind is just reaching the logical conclusion.
You know damn well what he's implying. He say's "we'll", which is a contraction of we will.

It's a question of semantics and Cheney is indirectly threatening you.

The point I am making is that Kerry's daughter is no worse than Cheney for the statement she made, so the comments about treason are a little out of line.

Ali said:

I'm here in Alaska, if you haven't noticed. Alaska has a huge amount of untapped oil resources.

As far as oil goes, we get the majority of our Oil imports from sources OTHER than the middle east, contrary to what your fellow hand-wringing muppets in France would have you believe.

And Glass Parking lots make excellent Drill Rig platforms. Especially when the glass is 10 feet thick.

NightTrain said:
I'm here in Alaska, if you haven't noticed. Alaska has a huge amount of untapped oil resources.

And Glass Parking lots make excellent Drill Rig platforms. Especially when the glass is 10 feet thick.
So, are you going to Nuke Alaska?

Ali said:

Again, you're misinterpreting.

Translation: IF the US did not have restraint, we WOULD HAVE just nuked every terrorist affiliated government off the planet. SINCE WE HAVEN'T DONE THAT, it is a measure of our restraint.

Then where'd you get your oil from? ALASKA?
Well, yes but unlike most countries[ in the LLL sense, France and China], the US also gets oil supplies from the rest of the American continent. And if we were going to nuke the middle east we'd probably have the brains to not hit the oil infrastructure there.

Forum List

Back