Kerry's Princesses Get Booed At MTV Awards

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Drudge had to replay it three times, but sure enough they were up there making their little rock the vote and vote for my dad speech and it sounded like 3/4 of the audience booed very loudly. What is going on???? :chains:

Bonnie said:
Drudge had to replay it three times, but sure enough they were up there making their little rock the vote and vote for my dad speech and it sounded like 3/4 of the audience booed very loudly. What is going on???? :chains:

Sounds interesting. Have more details?

Bonnie said:

Id like more info too.

My guess is either

1)People are starting to think that rock and politics dont mix. (wonder why)

2)the Kerry girls wore less this time than last time:p

I watched it, and at first it seemed like the audience was booing the announcement of Bush's daughters (who were on a satellite feed from NYC), but sure enough, it became very clear that they were booing the Kerrys. I wouldn't say 3/4 of the crowd, though, at least on the broadcast, the boo's were coming from probably less than 1/4 of the entire audience. I really can't offer anything specific, but I'm sure the pro-Bush sites will have the video up in no time.

I think Avatar's right about the people getting tired of rock and politics in your face all day, but I will say that it seemed like a very Conservative crowd. The show ended with a gigantically overproduced celebration of voting which ended with thousands of red, white,and blue balloons falling from the sky. While I think Democrats certainly support voting, and America, and all, that doesn't really seem like their sort of scene. While it was nice (if a little overkill) to see yet another demand for young people to vote, I'm sure most Democrats, or at least most Liberals, would see it as overly dramatic, blind patriotism, etc. Anyway, the audience was really going wild for it all. I guess Miami has a bigger Conservative population than we thought!

Either way, the VMA's were a disgusting spectacle of businesses exploiting a "celebration" of music to sell directly to the youth market. Example: Jessica Simpson performed, and as the lights went down, all of the kids up front held up what looked like lighters, but on closer inspection were FREAKING CELL PHONES!!! Oh, I should note, they were Virgin cell phones. Guess whose commercial came on right after the performance? If you said Virgin Mobile, congrats, you are ready to join the fight against intrusive advertising like this. *ends pointless rant here*

Oh, well, either way, Outkast won best video for "Hey Ya", so the night wasn't a total bust.

What I can gather is that the audience was made up of the general public instead of the usual all music industry folk. So I would guess based on that, it can be interpreted as the general public is getting annoyed with music and politics mixing as Dan suggested.
I thought it kind of neat that Kerry's darlings didn't get the rousing applause Im sure they expected from a crowd such as was there in the audience and it seemed as though they were caught off guard. :boohoo:

When MTV says get out and vote,they ain't talking about a Republican. They are as Liberal as they come.Apparently,the audience wasn't,or just tired of the political crap!

I would love to see a tag team ultimate fighting match between the Bush Daughters and the Kerry Daughters. Those New England prisses would go down hard to the texas asskickers.

fuzzykitten99 said:
"Kerry's Princesses Get Booed At MTV Awards"

you can't call them princesses. Princesses are cute and pretty...these brats are far from it. C'mon...why would anyone want to breed with that mutant John Kerry? The outcome is not likely to produce cute kids.

Well I meant it sarcastically but probably Kerry's elitist brats would be much more fitting!

An article on this on CNN.com says that it was the BUSH twins that were booed! (lmfao)

Kinda hard to do since the audiance could not see them at the time the booing started.....

The CNN article goes on to say that the booing stopped and cheers started once the Kerry girls started talking.....

Media bias?

Kerry, Bush daughters booed on MTV
It was unclear exactly whom the cheers and the boos were meant for or why. They began immediately after radio and MTV personality Carson Daly introduced "from New York, Barbara and Jenna Bush and here in Miami, Vanessa and Alexandra Kerry."
The boos seemed to die down and cheers took their place toward the end of the segment, when the Kerry daughters took back the floor....
MTV cameras showed some audience members apparently giving the women a standing ovation....

insein said:
Actually most princesses are inbred, butt ugly, rich snobs. So i don't know if it isnt accurate.

LOL I saw them for the first time when this MTV incident happened, and I have to say I was under the impression they were so great looking, but when I actually saw them I was quite taken aback!! :fifty:

rtwngAvngr said:
I would love to see a tag team ultimate fighting match between the Bush Daughters and the Kerry Daughters. Those New England prisses would go down hard to the texas asskickers.

Actually, the crowd was booing the yet-to-be-introduced image of the Bush twins (freeandfun, they could see the twins) who appeared via pre-taped message. The crowd was predominantly liberal (um, MIAMI?!), and P Diddy enthusiasts (gross, the most outspoken Democratic hip-hop artist out there).

And as much as Bush and his daughters like to appear Texans and not Northeast elites...THEY ARE. George went to St. Paul, Yale, and Harvard! He and his daughters are from a prominent family that spends 90% of its time between birth and college graduation in Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts.

There is no media bias, CNN covered the story pretty well. Of course there were some jeers when the Kerry girls came out, but the booing began in earnest when the Bush twins were on screen, subsiding when the Kerry girls started speaking again. I don't think either of the pairs of daughters deserved to be booed, but what do you expect from a crowd of 18-25 Miami-Dade residents?

rtwngAvngr said:

DUbbyuhs daughters are "New England prisses" as well. You don't really think Dubbyuh would allow his little girls go through the Texas public schools, especially after he screwed them up so badly, do you?

insein said:
Actually most princesses are inbred, butt ugly, rich snobs. So i don't know if it isnt accurate.

i thought that Diana was beautiful. I don't think she was inbred...but maybe she was an exception. Lord knows after she bred with that mutant ex of hers, she got 2 good looking boys, but they got her looks in a really good way. I guess if you think about it, most of the English blood-royals have been more than homely. Kerry and Co. would fit right in.

".....You rang?"

nakedemperor said:
There is no media bias, CNN covered the story pretty well. Of course there were some jeers when the Kerry girls came out, but the booing began in earnest when the Bush twins were on screen, subsiding when the Kerry girls started speaking again.
The audience was booing so loudly that the Kerry girl had to repeat that she wanted people to vote for "their dad", the Bush twins were not even on the screen yet!

Really nakedemperor, you must have seen the version of the tape edited by moveon.org. Those boos were obviously for the Kerry Harpies.

rtwngAvngr said:
Really nakedemperor, you must have seen the version of the tape edited by moveon.org. Those boos were obviously for the Kerry Harpies.

My Uncle was an assistant producer the event, and according to him, as the screen was cued up before the cameras actually were filming it (they were filming the Kerry girls), that's when the boos began. According to the producer the Bush girls were being booed by the vastly liberal crowd, not the other way around.

I'd love to see what actually happened! I missed the actual video and I'm skeptical about both the CNN and Drudge versions so my guess is: the audience was divided -- some booed the Bush gals and some others booed the Kerry gals.

And JFKerry does look like he was separated from birth from Camilla Parker Bowes, doesn't he? :D

Forum List

Back