Kerry's Lost the Election?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
So says one from the SF Chronicle:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2004/08/23/asparks.DTL

Excerpts:

John Kerry surrendered the election to George W. Bush this month when he finally came out and said exactly what he would do in Iraq. After months of equivocating over how the president misled the American people with all those phony WMDs and teasing us that he had a secret plan for Iraq, the Democratic candidate for president said he still would have given the president the authority to go into Iraq even without any evidence of WMDs. Wow, what an admission!

That's a position slightly to the right of Bush, who never went quite that far. The president removed Saddam, in large part, due to faulty intelligence; Kerry would have voted to give the president the authority anyway, regardless of whether Iraq had WMDs. What does this admission do to his campaign?

Veteran Kerry watchers should not be surprised. As a member of the U.S. Select Senate Committee on Intelligence during the Clinton years, he repeatedly warned Americans about Saddam's WMDs before Bush was elected -- a minor detail left unmentioned during the Kerry campaign. I guess that makes him the original WMD liar.

Christmas in August for Bush

Here's the latest on how presidential contender Kerry may be embellishing the truth. Kerry wrote about his Vietnam tour of duty in an op-ed column in The Boston Herald in October 1979, saying, "I remember spending Christmas Eve of 1968 five miles across the Cambodian border, being shot at by our South Vietnamese allies, who were drunk and celebrating Christmas. The absurdity of almost being killed by our own allies in a country in which President Nixon claimed there were no American troops was very real."

How many lies can you count in this statement? There are three. First, Nixon was not president in December 1968; second, the South Vietnamese, predominantly Buddhists, don't celebrate Christmas; and, third, Kerry was never in Cambodia.

Great article....it seems to me Kerry was sunk from the beginning, I could very well be wrong on that by giving voters too much credit for being intelligent. What I can't wait to see is what happens during the debates!! :blowup:

Bonnie said:
Great article....it seems to me Kerry was sunk from the beginning, I could very well be wrong on that by giving voters too much credit for being intelligent. What I can't wait to see is what happens during the debates!! :blowup:

one candidate will say, "My opponent beileves X. i am different from my opponent. I would have done X.

The other will respond, "My opponent may claim that he would do X, but in reality he will do Y. That is the difference between My opponent and I. I am the one who really did Y!"

the narrarator will ask a new question on a new topic and the dialouge will repeat.

Forum List

Back