Kerry's illegal campaign funds

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I recently heard that Kerry was on Regis and Kelly earlier and according to the AP:

"Kerry campaign donors come in all sizes. Kerry told Philbin and Ripa [Lee] that a woman in New York gave him $385 that her eight-year-old son had raised, selling homemade campaign buttons, and a six-year-old in Philadelphia handed over a plastic container with $685 he had earned selling homemade campaign bracelets."

Sounds cute huh? Only problem is McCain Fiengold, which Kerry was a cosponsor of made contributions of people under the age of 17 illegal. So Kerry just accepted money he made illegal...Irony just doesnt describe it.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040921/ap_en_tv/kerry_regis_4

So what, are you prepared to prosecute these kids for election law violations? The one contribution was made by the parent on behalf of the child, so that one was legal. The other one, well, if you really want to make a stink because a kid worked hard and earned this money to donate to the Kerry campaign, be my guest. Personally, I am excited to see young people working hard and being politically active.

acludem

Sounds cute huh? Only problem is McCain Fiengold, which Kerry was a cosponsor of made contributions of people under the age of 17 illegal. So Kerry just accepted money he made illegal...Irony just doesnt describe it.

Oh come on, man.. spend your time on soft money not toddlers' penny-drives.

acludem said:
So what, are you prepared to prosecute these kids for election law violations? The one contribution was made by the parent on behalf of the child, so that one was legal. The other one, well, if you really want to make a stink because a kid worked hard and earned this money to donate to the Kerry campaign, be my guest. Personally, I am excited to see young people working hard and being politically active.

acludem

Of course we arent going to prosecute kids. The Kerry Campaign though is another story. He is violating campaign law. Law that he himself was a cosponsor to.

I am sure you have no problem if i kid wants to donate his money to the Kerry camp. Neither do i. However, just because i think a law is stupid doesnt mean its any less of a law or that i can ignore it. i know this is alittle foriegn to you, being as though you try to get laws thrown out by violating them and then suing in court, but the rest of us are bound to do what the law says until such time as we convince the legislature to change the law. John Kerry is not above the rule of law. The kids we can let off because they dont know any better, John Kerry does. His name is on the bill as a cosponsor.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Of course we arent going to prosecute kids. The Kerry Campaign though is another story. He is violating campaign law. Law that he himself was a cosponsor to.

I am sure you have no problem if i kid wants to donate his money to the Kerry camp. Neither do i. However, just because i think a law is stupid doesnt mean its any less of a law or that i can ignore it. i know this is alittle foriegn to you, being as though you try to get laws thrown out by violating them and then suing in court, but the rest of us are bound to do what the law says until such time as we convince the legislature to change the law. John Kerry is not above the rule of law. The kids we can let off because they dont know any better, John Kerry does. His name is on the bill as a cosponsor.

In Kansas Pedestrians crossing the highways at night must wear tail lights this is a law but I doubt it is enforced much. You are correct a law is a law but not all laws are enforced without exception. You think the funds are illegal I say if a child can do something like that for what he or she believes in then the future looks bright indeed.

neo_68710 said:
In Kansas Pedestrians crossing the highways at night must wear tail lights this is a law but I doubt it is enforced much. You are correct a law is a law but not all laws are enforced without exception. You think the funds are illegal I say if a child can do something like that for what he or she believes in the future looks bright indeed.

It was a typical Kerry stunt to appear " likable" and he will even use kids to his advantage. Teresa probably called em little scumbags after the show!

dilloduck said:
It was a typical Kerry stunt to appear " likable" and he will even use kids to his advantage. Teresa probably called em little scumbags after the show!

Thanks for that, since you can tell what people are thinking I'm wondering if you can see the future too any chance of giving me the Power Ball I would like some cash to donate to Kerry so children can go back to being mindless zombies playing video games all day.

acludem said:

acludem

Aww c'mon - tell the truth. If these contributions had been made to GW, there'd be libs up in the rafters screeching for his impeachment.

neo_68710 said:
I would like some cash to donate to Kerry so children can go back to being mindless zombies playing video games all day.

No way, buster. We're not letting you turn these innocents into liberals.

neo_68710 said:
Thanks for that, since you can tell what people are thinking I'm wondering if you can see the future too any chance of giving me the Power Ball I would like some cash to donate to Kerry so children can go back to being mindless zombies playing video games all day.

I see you bought the farm----you REALLY believe these kids understand Kerrys' stand on issues relating to them?

Merlin1047 said:
Aww c'mon - tell the truth. If these contributions had been made to GW, there'd be libs up in the rafters screeching for his impeachment.

Well it is obvious you can see the future can I please have the Power Ball numbers, PLEASE.

Where was all this foresight when the President was GUESSING that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. It could have saved this country a lot of lives and money.

neo_68710 said:
You think the funds are illegal I say if a child can do something like that for what he or she believes in then the future looks bright indeed.

You tell the little shits "Hey kids -thank you SO much for this, but I am unable to accept. There are laws which we must obey about how somebody running for office accepts funds. It means a lot to me that you'd work so hard; the free-enterprise system is alive and well today, thanks to Republicans. :) If you'd like, I can forward your money to a charity of your choosing..."

that's what an Honest, honourable politician would do.

-=d=- said:
You tell the little shits "Hey kids -thank you SO much for this, but I am unable to accept. There are laws which we must obey about how somebody running for office accepts funds. It means a lot to me that you'd work so hard; the free-enterprise system is alive and well today, thanks to Republicans. :) If you'd like, I can forward your money to a charity of your choosing..."

And a president with his country under attack would have (quote) told the little shits sorry kids the president has to attend to a very important matter, instead of reading my pet goat. Thats what an honorable President would do.

neo_68710 said:
And a president with his country under attack would have (quote) told the little shits sorry kids the president has to attend to a very important matter, instead of reading my pet goat. Thats what an honorable President would do.

Not even CLOSE to 'on-topic' or 'relavent' or even 'factual'.

-=d=- said:
Not even CLOSE to 'on-topic' or 'relavent' or even 'factual'.

Not Factual what color are the clouds in your world. But you are right about going off topic I appologize and take it back.

neo_68710 said:
Not Factual what color are the clouds in your world. But you are right about going off topic I appologize and take it back.

If you'd like to start another thread about 'the 5 minutes after GWB learned of the plane crash' feel free to do so. Hope you wear nomex.

-=d=- said:

In Manhattan it is illegal to jaywalk and also illegal to spit on the sidewalks. I cross during a don't-walk sign when there are no cars in sight, but this is technically illegal. I spit on the sidewalk when I feel the need to spit, even if pigeon feces, litter, and bubble gum are already present on that sidewalk. Am I a dishonest, dishonorable pedestrian?

nakedemperor said:
In Manhattan it is illegal to jaywalk and also illegal to spit on the sidewalks. I cross during a don't-walk sign when there are no cars in sight, but this is technically illegal. I spit on the sidewalk when I feel the need to spit, even if pigeon feces, litter, and bubble gum are already present on that sidewalk. Am I a dishonest, dishonorable pedestrian?

Yes :p:

Forum List

Back