Kerry's illegal campaign funds

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avatar4321, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    I recently heard that Kerry was on Regis and Kelly earlier and according to the AP:

Sounds cute huh? Only problem is McCain Fiengold, which Kerry was a cosponsor of made contributions of people under the age of 17 illegal. So Kerry just accepted money he made illegal...Irony just doesnt describe it.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040921/ap_en_tv/kerry_regis_4

2. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    So what, are you prepared to prosecute these kids for election law violations? The one contribution was made by the parent on behalf of the child, so that one was legal. The other one, well, if you really want to make a stink because a kid worked hard and earned this money to donate to the Kerry campaign, be my guest. Personally, I am excited to see young people working hard and being politically active.

acludem

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Oh come on, man.. spend your time on soft money not toddlers' penny-drives.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    Of course we arent going to prosecute kids. The Kerry Campaign though is another story. He is violating campaign law. Law that he himself was a cosponsor to.

I am sure you have no problem if i kid wants to donate his money to the Kerry camp. Neither do i. However, just because i think a law is stupid doesnt mean its any less of a law or that i can ignore it. i know this is alittle foriegn to you, being as though you try to get laws thrown out by violating them and then suing in court, but the rest of us are bound to do what the law says until such time as we convince the legislature to change the law. John Kerry is not above the rule of law. The kids we can let off because they dont know any better, John Kerry does. His name is on the bill as a cosponsor.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. neo_68710

neo_68710 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    In Kansas Pedestrians crossing the highways at night must wear tail lights this is a law but I doubt it is enforced much. You are correct a law is a law but not all laws are enforced without exception. You think the funds are illegal I say if a child can do something like that for what he or she believes in then the future looks bright indeed.

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    It was a typical Kerry stunt to appear " likable" and he will even use kids to his advantage. Teresa probably called em little scumbags after the show!

7. neo_68710

neo_68710 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, since you can tell what people are thinking I'm wondering if you can see the future too any chance of giving me the Power Ball I would like some cash to donate to Kerry so children can go back to being mindless zombies playing video games all day.

8. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Aww c'mon - tell the truth. If these contributions had been made to GW, there'd be libs up in the rafters screeching for his impeachment.

9. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    No way, buster. We're not letting you turn these innocents into liberals.

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I see you bought the farm----you REALLY believe these kids understand Kerrys' stand on issues relating to them?