Kerry's homemade Vietnam film not actual footage

TheOne said:
It's really sickening to see you people denegrate a guy who risked his life for your country. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Kerry chose to serve his country and he faced death in YOUR country's name. Are you so bitterly partisan that you need to cast aspersions on that service? It really is unbelievable to me. I can see you attacking Kerry on other things, but I think most Americans and most swing voters will make you pay for launching these tyoe attacks in November.

I'm a Vietnam "combat" vet. 12 months in Vietnam as an infantry soldier, compared to bin kerry's 3 or 4. He was in the navy patroling the rivers in the delta. So far as I have heard he was involved in only three actions. All of which he managed to get scratched in. But being an officer with an agenda he was able to finagle purple hearts out of those scratches. He was also able to get himself a bronze star which any officer or senior nco would have been able to do with no problem as it increased promotion chances and they were given out regularly.

He didn't risk his life for his country, he risked getting hurt for his future political ambisions. He then came home to tell lies to the congressional commitee and support the communists of north Vietnam. He's a traitor! And most of us Vietnam Vets see him for what he is.

I want to out live bin kerry and fonda just so I can piss on their graves.

Is that denegrading enough.

I haven't jumped in here, but I feel the need. My dad earned one Purple Heart on Omaha Beach in WWII. Every other member of his group, sorry I'm short on details, was killed. He was in the 2nd Wave of the 1st Division, on the duck with him was Ernie Pyle.

He lost the partial use of his right hand. He still has scrapnel that 'eases it's way out' from time to time, from his back and rear end. He was in a London Hospital for over 6 months, which he is eternally grateful for. Mind you, he never felt a 'hero', just a grunt caught in a very nasty situation. He refused to let a medic remove his hand on the beach, rolling over on it, saying, "Why would you want to do that?" He is extremely glad the pissed off medic stuck the whole arm up to the biceps in a bucket of tetracycline, one of the first of the anti-biotics.

He has no love loss for the army, they wouldn't 'let you think'! (Apples don't fall far). But, he does know that what the 'crazy paratroopers' and 'pilots' in the hospital with him, had what it took to win the war. He never put himself in the same boat with the 'gung ho' types, but he was no Kerry! He did what was asked of him and never denigrated those that chose to give more or less. Until very recently, my brother and I heard none of the horrors, but only the 'funny' stories, whether of military members or the assinine rules of the military.

He's 84 now, and seems to have come through a bad health period on top. He'll vote for GW in November!

Kerry was an opportunist, gaining as many medals in as short of time as possible and filming the 'opportunities'. He was the type of person that most would despise working with, but he has found some that want their 15 minutes. Hope it's worth it.

gaffer said:
I'm a Vietnam "combat" vet. 12 months in Vietnam as an infantry soldier, compared to bin kerry's 3 or 4. He was in the navy patroling the rivers in the delta. So far as I have heard he was involved in only three actions. All of which he managed to get scratched in. But being an officer with an agenda he was able to finagle purple hearts out of those scratches. He was also able to get himself a bronze star which any officer or senior nco would have been able to do with no problem as it increased promotion chances and they were given out regularly.

He didn't risk his life for his country, he risked getting hurt for his future political ambisions. He then came home to tell lies to the congressional commitee and support the communists of north Vietnam. He's a traitor! And most of us Vietnam Vets see him for what he is.

I want to out live bin kerry and fonda just so I can piss on their graves.

Is that denegrading enough.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kathianne said:
I haven't jumped in here, but I feel the need. My dad earned one Purple Heart on Omaha Beach in WWII. Every other member of his group, sorry I'm short on details, was killed. He was in the 2nd Wave of the 1st Division, on the duck with him was Ernie Pyle.

He lost the partial use of his right hand. He still has scrapnel that 'eases it's way out' from time to time, from his back and rear end. He was in a London Hospital for over 6 months, which he is eternally grateful for. Mind you, he never felt a 'hero', just a grunt caught in a very nasty situation. He refused to let a medic remove his hand on the beach, rolling over on it, saying, "Why would you want to do that?" He is extremely glad the pissed off medic stuck the whole arm up to the biceps in a bucket of tetracycline, one of the first of the anti-biotics.

He has no love loss for the army, they wouldn't 'let you think'! (Apples don't fall far). But, he does know that what the 'crazy paratroopers' and 'pilots' in the hospital with him, had what it took to win the war. He never put himself in the same boat with the 'gung ho' types, but he was no Kerry! He did what was asked of him and never denigrated those that chose to give more or less. Until very recently, my brother and I heard none of the horrors, but only the 'funny' stories, whether of military members or the assinine rules of the military.

He's 84 now, and seems to have come through a bad health period on top. He'll vote for GW in November!

Kerry was an opportunist, gaining as many medals in as short of time as possible and filming the 'opportunities'. He was the type of person that most would despise working with, but he has found some that want their 15 minutes. Hope it's worth it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

to this country.. My family lost both of my granduncles in the Pacific and left only one male ( my grandfather) alive.. He was discharged just before departing for England ala "Saving Private Ryan" as the last surviving male.......Kerry brings shame on their service and their memory....

phadras said:
to this country.. My family lost both of my granduncles in the Pacific and left only one male ( my grandfather) alive.. He was discharged just before departing for England ala "Saving Private Ryan" as the last surviving male.......Kerry brings shame on their service and their memory....

Thanks Phadras! :usa: Thanks to your family too!

The BOSTON GLOBE reported in 1996 that the Kerry home movies "reveal something indelible about the man who shot them - the tall, thin, handsome Naval officer seen striding through the reeds in flak jacket and helmet, holding aloft the captured B-40 rocket. The young man so unconscious of risk in the heat of battle, yet so focused on his future ambitions that he would reenact the moment for film. It is as if he had cast himself in the sequel to the experience of his hero, John F. Kennedy, on the PT-109."

"John was thinking Camelot when he shot that film, absolutely," says Thomas Vallely, a fellow veteran and one of Kerry's closest political advisers and friends.

NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Lt. Col. Robert "Buzz" Patterson in his new book RECKLESS DISREGARD, details one of the claimed Kerry reenactments for film:

"On February 28, 1969, now in charge of PCF 94, Kerry came under fire from an enemy location on the shore. The crew's gunner returned fire, hitting and wounding the lone gunman. Kerry directed the boat to charge the enemy position. Beaching his boat, Kerry jumped off, chased the wounded insurgent behind a thatched hutch, and killed him. Kerry and his crew returned within days, armed with a Super 8 video camera he had purchased at the post exchange at Cam Ranh Bay, and reenacted the skirmish on film."

So he was thinking of PT-109 when he shot the scenes of himself!!!! That's just weird...l

http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc8.htm

The past nearly 4 years have been so weird! I just hope that the American people can, 'Man up' as my brother has been saying. These are scary times, do the people choose one who has been leading, with flaws; or one who offers fake footage? We'll see in November....

You know, he doesn't. He has a bronze star for clearing an enemy minefield while under fire. He was injured twice, but turned down his purple hearts cuz he believed that his injuries were too minor to warrant one.
As Mark Twain said, "It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

I have another uncle from WWII that died last week (GRHS). During WWII he was a tail-gunner in a bomber. On his last mission the plane made it back but crashed on landing. He was the only survivor. He broke his back in the crash and never once applied for VA benefits. He believed it was his "duty" to serve his country and he wanted the benefits to go to those that had lost limbs, etc.
They sound like they were and are great men. We need more people like them.

It's really sickening to see you people denegrate a guy who risked his life for your country. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Kerry chose to serve his country and he faced death in YOUR country's name. Are you so bitterly partisan that you need to cast aspersions on that service? It really is unbelievable to me. I can see you attacking Kerry on other things, but I think most Americans and most swing voters will make you pay for launching these tyoe attacks in November.
Have you even read the stuff he said when he came back? He pretty much called the men who served in Vietnam murderers and he accused them all of committing atrocities (and he even said that he committed them too).

He also said this about South Vietnam:
Kerry:
"We found most people didn't even know the difference between Communism and Democracy. They only wanted to work in rice paddies and without helicopters strafing them and bombs with napalm burning their villages and tearing their country apart. They wanted the United States of America to leave them alone in peace. and they sided with whichever military force was present, be it Viet Cong, North Vietnamese, or American."

http://p208.ezboard.com/fpowmiafreedomfighters47395frm10.showMessage?topicID=149.topic

I like this guy's response:
Comment:
The most devious of all the anti-war arguments. President Thieu
distributed 600,000 weapons to his people. No government in doubt of the yearning for democracy of its people would have dared do this. In the villages and the hamlets the People's Self-Defense Force had mushroomed during 1969. At years end, now organized into a combat arm and a support arm, the PSDHF had more than 1,300,000 men and women in the combat arm, backed up by another 1,735,000 people in the support arm, all ready to stop Communists.

Also, why was there no uprising against the Americans during the Tet
Offensive, or any effort to aid the invaders, and why did the South Vietnamese Army then almost double, largely due to volunteers ? How could an 'uncaring ' people put together an army of over one million, sacrifice over 250,000 soldiers in battle, and fight against Communism, alone, for two years after the Americans had left, when, even with occasional stumbling, there were great victories as in the Easter Offensive, and An Loc."The basic fact of life", said the noted American commander John Vann , "is that the overwhelming majority of the population - somewhere about 95% - prefer the government of Vietnam to a Communist government."

For two years the South Vietnamese held out, until Ted Kennedy, Kerry's
biggest supporter, led anti-war forces in Congress in cutting off all ammunition to South Vietnam.

That site and many other sites discuss this as well as other stuff Kerry has written, said, and done (like the cover of his book of lies shown below, which mocks the Marines at Iwo Jima)

KerryCover.jpg

You can ignore all that just because "he was there", but I sure as hell won't.

TheOne said:

"I served with these guys. I went on missions with them, and these men served honorably. Up and down the chain of command there was no acquiescence to atrocities. It was not condoned, it did not happen, and it was not reported to me verbally or in writing by any of these men including Lt.(jg) Kerry.

In 1971, '72, for almost 18 months, he stood before the television audiences and claimed that the 500,000 men and women in Vietnam, and in combat, were all villains -- there were no heroes. In 2004, one hero from the Vietnam War has appeared, running for President of the United States and Commander-in-Chief. It just galls one to think about it."

-- Captain George Elliott, USN (retired)

http://www.swiftvets.com/index.php?topic=SwiftVetQuotes

Tim, Bless you for the book pic! Someday, I swear I'll learn...

ScreamingEagle

I'm glad they have sites like that since the big media outlets hardly ever seem to mention that.

Forum List

Back