Kerry's Deficit Reduction Plan lacks substance

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A30071-2004Aug24?language=printer

Sen. John F. Kerry's pledge to reduce record budget deficits is colliding with an obstacle that may be growing by the week: his own campaign commitments.

A Washington Post review of Kerry's cuts and spending plans, in addtition to interviews with campaign staff members and analyses by conservative and liberal experts, suggests that they could worsen the federal budget deficit by nearly as much as President Bush's agenda. If projected savings from unspecified cuts do not materialize, Kerry's pledges could outstrip those of the president, whom the Democrats has repeatedly accused of unprecedented fiscal recklessness.

Bonnie said:
www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A30071-2004Aug24?language=printer

Sen. John F. Kerry's pledge to reduce record budget deficits is colliding with an obstacle that may be growing by the week: his own campaign commitments.

A Washington Post review of Kerry's cuts and spending plans, in addtition to interviews with campaign staff members and analyses by conservative and liberal experts, suggests that they could worsen the federal budget deficit by nearly as much as President Bush's agenda. If projected savings from unspecified cuts do not materialize, Kerry's pledges could outstrip those of the president, whom the Democrats has repeatedly accused of unprecedented fiscal recklessness.

Republicans and Democrats have thrown the blame about reckless spending back and forth for 50 years now. I have come to realize that any republican or democrat that claims they will balance budget and reduce the deficit is a liar. Both parties are responsible and both should suffer in the polls in november for it.

tpahl said:
Republicans and Democrats have thrown the blame about reckless spending back and forth for 50 years now. I have come to realize that any republican or democrat that claims they will balance budget and reduce the deficit is a liar. Both parties are responsible and both should suffer in the polls in november for it.

Okay then with that in mind who do you think should win in November???? Who is your third party alternative?

Bonnie said:
Okay then with that in mind who do you think should win in November???? Who is your third party alternative?

Oh why oh why did you have to ask him that?

Bonnie said:

I think everyone who has a shot at winning this november does not deserve to sit in the oval office. Neither will do anything to turn this country around. Once you realize they are two sides of the same coin, it is obvious that the best thing you can do this election is to send a message by voting Badnarik.

Amazing!! Yet another thread that is intended to speak about Senator Kerry has evovled to the subject of Badnarik. How the hell did that happen??

And before I hear that the subject was the federal deficit and we should be disscussing how the major parties have both appoarched it, I call Bullshit!!

Just because Badnarik may be important to some does not mean he is important to most.

MtnBiker said:
Amazing!! Yet another thread that is intended to speak about Senator Kerry has evovled to the subject of Badnarik. How the hell did that happen??

And before I hear that the subject was the federal deficit and we should be disscussing how the major parties have both appoarched it, I call Bullshit!!

Just because Badnarik may be important to some does not mean he is important to most.

as i have yet to see anyone else mention Badnarik, i have high doubts that Badnarik is very important to anyone other then him.

I'm telling ya, I think T is Badnarik and this is the only method for him to get out his message.

MtnBiker said:

We were discussing the federal deficit and how both major parties are responsible for it. We still could be, i certainly was not trying to talk about badnarik. Even when asked who i was voting for I did not dwell on it, just mentioned who i was voting for.. but instead you decided to turn the thread into a bitch fest against me.

Forum List

Back