Kerry's coming to town

clumzgirl

Mar 27, 2004
ohio
Well, John Kerry is coming to my area Tuesday and already the academes are gearing up for his visit. I recieved an email from a professor in my department (who happens to be the leader of the teachers' union) asking for volunteers to make signs for his visit. Now, I don't really have a point, except to say that I'm thoroughly annoyed (again) that academics assume we are all liberals. If I sent out a message announcing Bush's arrival (though he will never set foot in this area since it is deep democrat country) the department would go freaking ape-shit and they probably would kick me out de facto. No doubt there is propoganda in my department mailbox as I write this. If the tables were turned, however, you can bet there'd be hell to pay.

Alright, I DO have a point. How does one go about "converting" hard-core democrat liberal academic-types without getting one's ass kicked? (Or thesis denied?)

"Lots of irrefutable facts."

Jeff, no doubt you're an optimistic person. But I don't think that facts of any kind can overcome credo of the ultra-libs:

"No fact is so irrefutable that it cannot be ignored."

Well, John Kerry is coming to my area Tuesday and already the academes are gearing up for his visit. I recieved an email from a professor in my department (who happens to be the leader of the teachers' union) asking for volunteers to make signs for his visit.
I'll make some signs. :asshole: :D

I'm thoroughly annoyed (again) that academics assume we are all liberals. If I sent out a message announcing Bush's arrival (though he will never set foot in this area since it is deep democrat country) the department would go freaking ape-shit and they probably would kick me out de facto. No doubt there is propoganda in my department mailbox as I write this. If the tables were turned, however, you can bet there'd be hell to pay.
Everyone knows that is the truth about most universities, but liberals would never admit it. It pisses me off to hear that because liberals claim they want people to have an open mind and think for themselves, but this often is not what they practice.

Well you cannot change people to your beliefs. They believe what they do for one of two reasons, they really believe in what they stand for or they are followers.

What sort of signs is this teacher asking for? There is nothing wrong with welcoming the man but you don't have to hold a sign for him that reads 'vote for Kerry'.

If he is coming to your area - school - than go outside and welcome him....so what that you are not intending to vote for him...

If you are truly against this, than stay home sick that day.

Originally posted by clumzgirl
Alright, I DO have a point. How does one go about "converting" hard-core democrat liberal academic-types without getting one's ass kicked? (Or thesis denied?)

Big poster board printout of his voting record. They cant deny that. And maybe some flip flops while your at it, lol.

Originally posted by winston churchi
Well you cannot change people to your beliefs. They believe what they do for one of two reasons, they really believe in what they stand for or they are followers.

What sort of signs is this teacher asking for? There is nothing wrong with welcoming the man but you don't have to hold a sign for him that reads 'vote for Kerry'.

If he is coming to your area - school - than go outside and welcome him....so what that you are not intending to vote for him...

If you are truly against this, than stay home sick that day.

I would show him the same courteous i would show any senator i would meet. However, If asked, i'd simply state that im voting for Bush and feel no need to make a sign. If they give you shit, then you can say ill make a sign now but your going to wish i hadnt. Then you can take that waffle house picture and blow it up into a nice big poster board sign, lol.

Gaining favor with liberals is easy.

First take a definitive stance, and then take the opposite one. They'll embrace you like family.

Well, John Kerry is coming to my area Tuesday and already the academes are gearing up for his visit. I recieved an email from a professor in my department (who happens to be the leader of the teachers' union) asking for volunteers to make signs for his visit. Now, I don't really have a point, except to say that I'm thoroughly annoyed (again) that academics assume we are all liberals. If I sent out a message announcing Bush's arrival (though he will never set foot in this area since it is deep democrat country) the department would go freaking ape-shit and they probably would kick me out de facto. No doubt there is propoganda in my department mailbox as I write this. If the tables were turned, however, you can bet there'd be hell to pay.

clumzgirl,I have to double check,but I swear I heard on the radio today that Bush is coming here to Cincy Tuesdayas well. Big day for Ohio!!! They said they don't know exactly where Bush will be yet.

Bush'll come over here to CO some time, but they always seem to come when people are at work. :rolleyes: Don't know why they can't plan better than that, but maybe they want to keep the crowds down (can't see why, looks better the more people are there). Know that he will come, he will want to endorse whatever Senate Candidate the Repubs pick in the primary. Usually Kerry or any other Dem Candidate will show up for about an hour in CO, we are generally ignored by the lefties.

If you feel your personal success will be intentionally thwarted by these lefty hyenas, you might be better off to choose a different battle. They will f*ck you.

Forum List

Back