Kerry's Blue Blood a Winner, Say Royal Researchers

freeandfun1 said:
Kerry's Blue Blood a Winner, Say Royal Researchers I guess since Kerry is more "royal" we better vote for him! But I thought he was a "man OF the people"?

Damn, sorry about the language, but how low will the media go trying to find any reason for this guy? The Vietnam thing ain't working out too well; the Senate thing, well might work for libs, but leaving the great unwashed a bit numb; so we'll go for the 'royal' doohickey! I'm beginning to hate Europe.

Kathianne said:
Damn, sorry about the language, but how low will the media go trying to find any reason for this guy? The Vietnam thing ain't working out too well; the Senate thing, well might work for libs, but leaving the great unwashed a bit numb; so we'll go for the 'royal' doohickey! I'm beginning to hate Europe.

The MEDIA is doing their damnedest to get Kerry elected.

freeandfun1 said:
The MEDIA is doing their damnedest to get Kerry elected.

Yeah, thank gosh for the blogosphere that takes aim at their bias!

Many of the framers, especially Madison, studied history and political philosophy. Two political theorists had great influence on the creation of the Constitution. John Locke, an important British political philosopher, had a large impact through his Second Treatise of Government (1690). Locke argued that sovereignty resides in individuals, not rulers. A political state, he theorized, emerged from a social contract among the people, who consent to government in order to preserve their lives, liberties, and property. In the words of the Declaration of Independence, which also drew heavily on Locke, governments derive “their just powers from the consent of the governed.” Locke also pioneered the idea of the separation of powers. The French writer Baron de Montesquieu, who was the second major intellectual influence on the Constitution, further developed the concept of a separation of powers in his treatise The Spirit of the Laws (1748).

Colonial charters such as the Mayflower Compact of 1620 provided another inspiration for the Constitution. These charters seemed to give authority to the people to govern the territories to which they had migrated. Throughout the 18th century a vigorous debate raged over whether these charters permitted self-rule or subjected the colonists to the whims of royal governors. At their most radical, the colonial charters created autonomous legislatures with broad powers.

The framers of the U.S. Constitution sought a fundamental change from these earlier notions in two important ways. First, they put the Constitution above legislative power—indeed, above all governmental powers. The Constitution, particularly the Supremacy Clause of Article VI, establishes the “rule of law,” the idea that the government itself, including the president and Congress, must abide by the law.

The Framers got it, will the media, pulling out 'all stops'? Do they know something us great unwashed don't?

Kathianne said:
The Framers got it, will the media, pulling out 'all stops'? Do they know something us great unwashed don't?

Yes, they do. They "know" that, as sure as night follows day, they are our moral and intellectual betters. How it must frustrate the LMM that, no matter how diligently they try to pound their dogma into our heads, we keep gravitating toward that awkward, unpleasant thing called, "truth". If only they could somehow regain their monopoly on "information". Oh, well - take heart. Rest assured that the sharpest liberal minds in the country are hard at work, trying to find a way.

I'm sorry,but if anyone were to vote for a candidate becuase of this **** they would have to be a complete idiot. Not surprised at this though,they are digging ever so hard. I'm with musicman when I say,I don't even want to know what's next. Probably something like itwill be Bush's fault if we don't win enough in the Olympics. :wtf:

Forum List

Back