Kerry's 9/11 Ad

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Don't look now, folks, but the left-wing mainstream media are at it again, with one exception.

On Thursday morning the media started a firestorm, blasting President Bush's TV campaign spot that includes a few seconds of images from Ground Zero. They immediately flocked to a small group of 9/11 families that accused the president of exploiting the tragedy for political gain.

The New York Daily News went so far as to print a photo of President Bush standing at Ground Zero, bullhorn in hand and arm around a former firefighter, in its story. It gives one the impression that the image is in his TV ad. It is not.

In addition, some of the family members who lost loved ones on 9/11 are members of a group called September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows. Their stated mission is to promote an end to terrorism through nonviolent means. That includes opposing the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

That position puts them on the extreme left fringe of the political spectrum and ideologically opposed to George W. Bush.

We are now into day two of the nonstop Bush-bashing all over the networks and in the papers. But before day one had ended, MSNBC's "Hardball with Chris Matthews" broke some major news that has for the most part gone totally ignored.

"Hardball" reporter David Schuster did a report which included part of a John Kerry ad that aired in New Hampshire and Iowa last year. In it the announcer says that John Kerry is a senator who "sounded the alarm against terrorism years before 9/11."

Really? What alarm was that? Could it be his vote against the death penalty for terrorists who kill Americans? If the ad wasn't exploitation enough, it was released just two days prior to the second anniversary of the attack, Sept. 9, 2003!

Last night on my WABC Radio program I played the Kerry sound bite over and over again. So far the media have given John Kerry a pass on this one, except for "Hardball" and me.

They also have given him a pass on his 1971 testimony to the United States Senate, where he called his "Band of Brothers" a bunch of war criminals. All of the networks should have that video, but I haven't seen it or heard it.

Let's hope the Bush campaign sees this and gets hold of the Kerry spots from 9/9/03. The voting public needs to see what real exploitation is.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/3/5/132542.shtml

That stuff about Kerry needs to be all over the news. All we hear about is how Bush is using 9/11 for political gain.

That is if Bush needs to sink to the level of Kerry. He may not need to do that - In the end I really believe - or hope? that Americans will tire of Kerry and all this glory that seems to surround him where ever he steps. He is so glorious in the eyes of the media he's wearing a halo (almost).

Kerry needs to be bettean down to the pulp he is. The Bush campaign should play up his Vietnam past. They should point out his voting record. They should point out his weakness on national security, they should point out his weakness on the military. I mean this guy is a house of cards built on the Anti-Bush fondation. All that needs to happen is one card falls, the whole house falls. The republicans let the dems slide all the time because we take the high ground. Not this time, this election is to important. This man should be pined the tratior he is, bush should use his free media to crush JK. Let this man not one free breath. Keep hitting till there is nothing left. If the public keeps seeing this "Golden Boy Kerry." there not going to care about his voting record, or his history. They will only belive what the media tells them. So for Fair and balanced reporting watch "Special Report with Brit Humme." That show is the only political show that bashes the dems as the hipocrites they are.

I know you guys want Bush to trounce Kerry now, but be patient. Let Bush establish his positive message in the media before we compare and contrast him with Kerry closer to the election. Bush knows what he is doing.

Forum List

Back