Kerry wins NH primary

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Dean a very distant second and Clark got creamed. You think Dean is warming up for his WWE speech yet?

I am very relieved that Edwards fell behind. The more I read about him, the more horrified I become.

If he became President, the takeover of the U.S. by the American Trial Lawyer Association would be complete.

I think Clark can consider a third place finish in NH a very good thing. Kerry and Dean are from the Northeast remember. I know Clark got a headstart in New Hampshire but so did Lieberman.

I think that this week and the primaries next week will be the telling sign of the future, or lack thereof, of the Clark and Edwards candidacies. I actually think Dean needs to win a state or two next week as well, but he has enough cash to go a few more weeks.

Clark is learning on the job and his inexperience campaigning is evident. Can he learn from this quickly or will he be left in the dust? I believe the Thursday night debate in SC will be a good indication. In the New Hampshire debate, Clark reacted almost incredulously at the attack questioning. It seemed like he may have been expecting questions about his policy only. Let's see how prepared he is on Thursday night.

Clark as some plusses headed into this week though. I am willing to bet that Dean will start attacking Kerry and Kerry may strike back. This may hurt Kerry and Dean. Clark is also much stronger in the South and West and South Carolina has a ton of veterans.

Kerry is a much more polished politician though. His 35 years of experience winning elections is evident. And now, his momentum will make beating him a tough task.

-Bam

My thoughts:

Kerry- all along Dean has had the "kick me" sign on his back, but now with Kerry the frontrunner things should change. I doubt Kerry will do well with the rest of the country, his voting record is more liberal than Ted Kennedy, so even if he wins the nomination, he won't get the 10% that are undecided in the coming presidential race.

Dean- Judy Dean has softened him and has regained some of his lost momentum, but, like Kerry, I doubt that he'll do well in the south and I think the worst mudslinging debate would begin if he were the nominee.

Edwards- my pick of the bunch. I believe he'll do well in the south, but if Sharpton can manage to take SC away from him, his candidacy will be over. WW, republicans have already tried to label him with the big lying trial lawyer who cares only about money, but Edwards switched it around by pointing out the cases he had worked on.

Clark- its over:rolleyes:

If Clark doesn't pick up either Oklahoma or Arizona next Tuesday, he's finished. Heck, he's probably finished anyway.

Edwards should have enough momentum to carry him through to the convention, but I don't know that he will have the appeal to win the nomination. But the Democrats need a Southerner to win the White House - not since JFK has a non-Southern Democrat won the Presidency, and JFK didn't even get the majority of the vote.

Lieberman is dead in the water and is siphoning money from everyone else. The only way he could resurrect his campaign is by winning at least two states on Super Tuesday.

Dean is certainly not out yet. He's got a lot of Angry Liberal states out there still - including California, with the wackiest libs of them all.

Kerry is now the obvious front-runner. I don't think it will take long for the sights of the other four to target in on him. The race, as it stands now, is his to lose.

Forum List

Back