Kerry wants to repeal the Patriot Act!

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
lol - thats because he IS a child - 18, I think his profile said.

GOP guy, Im sorry that I made any disparaging remarks towards you - I didnt realize that you were a kid. ANd I argue enough with my own at home - Im certainly not going to do so here.

Hope you'll accept the apology

HA HA! 18 IS LEGALLY AN ADULT! KISS MY ASS!

lol - thats because he IS a child - 18, I think his profile said.

GOP guy, Im sorry that I made any disparaging remarks towards you - I didnt realize that you were a kid. ANd I argue enough with my own at home - Im certainly not going to do so here.

Hope you'll accept the apology

Originally posted by Gop guy
HA HA! 18 IS LEGALLY AN ADULT! KISS MY ASS!

Damn, just like a teenager, never know when to quit when you're ahead.

sugar, I wasnt 'slamming' you for being 18 - I just simply said I wasnt going to argue with you.

AND if you would read and comprehend, I was apologizing to you for my comments.

Yes 18 is considered an adult in the eyes of the law. I remember 18. The only thing Im going to say about this, is that when you are in your thirties I hope you remember this conversation....trust me that you will giggle. Just like you dont think the same way about some things as you did at 12, 13, 14, 15 - your thinking and/or interpretations will change somewhat with what each year teaches you. I know that in a few years my thinking is going to change somewhat, yet again. Being an adult in the true sense of the word is NOT knowing it all, hon......it's realizing that you know so much less than you ever thought you did.

I will say that you seem to be very well informed - moreso than most people your age that Ive known. Since I have children that are teenagers, I would like to know where from is the base of your knowledge? I mean, have your parents instilled this within you or was it started by a personal interest or what? So many people are growing up with next to NO education in politics and government and I dont want that to be the case of my children. You however, give me a little hope - even though I may or may not agree with your beliefs personally, you HAVE some. And thats a really great thing.

It would be nice if you can take this post in the manner it's intended. I hope you can/do.

sugar, I wasnt 'slamming' you for being 18 - I just simply said I wasnt going to argue with you.

AND if you would read and comprehend, I was apologizing to you for my comments.

Yes 18 is considered an adult in the eyes of the law. I remember 18. The only thing Im going to say about this, is that when you are in your thirties I hope you remember this conversation....trust me that you will giggle. Just like you dont think the same way about some things as you did at 12, 13, 14, 15 - your thinking and/or interpretations will change somewhat with what each year teaches you. I know that in a few years my thinking is going to change somewhat, yet again. Being an adult in the true sense of the word is NOT knowing it all, hon......it's realizing that you know so much less than you ever thought you did.

I will say that you seem to be very well informed - moreso than most people your age that Ive known. Since I have children that are teenagers, I would like to know where from is the base of your knowledge? I mean, have your parents instilled this within you or was it started by a personal interest or what? So many people are growing up with next to NO education in politics and government and I dont want that to be the case of my children. You however, give me a little hope - even though I may or may not agree with your beliefs personally, you HAVE some. And thats a really great thing.

It would be nice if you can take this post in the manner it's intended. I hope you can/do.

Sorry, I knew you were apoligizing, I just felt like saying kiss my ass. I know, I am forced to witness the incredible ignorance of my genetation everyday.

I know, I am forced to witness the incredible ignorance of my genetation everyday.

Well then please tell me how you didnt fall into that trap of ignorance. I truly want to know.

Im nearly 35 years old - and I fell into it as a young person. I let too many things get into the way of my learning the personal responsibility of being informed politically/governmentally. Im having to learn now, which is why Im on the board in the first place.

Well then please tell me how you didnt fall into that trap of ignorance. I truly want to know.

Im nearly 35 years old - and I fell into it as a young person. I let too many things get into the way of my learning the personal responsibility of being informed politically/governmentally. Im having to learn now, which is why Im on the board in the first place.

Well, violence on t.v., POP culture in general, and the liberal media have posioned the minds of so many in my generation. My generation really doesn't care what goes on in the world around them, as long as they can buy their beauty products, drive their porsches, and live in really rich suburbs. They just don't want to know what's going on in the world is the main reason I guess. Rap music is one of the worst forces of POP culture that is brainwashing my generation into thinking that drug and alcohol abuse is ok, it's also ok to treat women as nothing more than sexual play things, and that if you don't like someone, shoot them. Not all rap preaches this, but most does. To little in my generation don't care about religion at all. We do whatever "feels good" We place entirely too much emphasis on material posessions, sex, and wanting people to like us. We take the freedoms so many in my grandfather's generation died for for granted. A lot of us just don't care about anything but ourselves. We also don't want to read at all. Finally, I may sound like an ass when I post sometimes. This is because I REALLY HATE THE LEFT, I MEAN REALLY. I believe they are responsible for everything bad that's happened to this country in recent years. I let my hatred seep into my posts and judgement, I am sorry about that.

Dont be sorry. If thats how you feel....well, thats how you feel.

My opinion however is more towards a balance - but that comes from somewhere else that isnt pertinent to the topic so I wont go into that.

Im sure that you have your reasons for feeling that way - valid reasons.

The only thing I would say is you may not like or agree with libs but to throw a blanket statement out to the effect that all libs are ignorant assholes (or whatever) kinda belittles the intelligence that I can tell you posess.

Just my 2 cents :)

And thanks for responding!

Originally posted by Sir Evil
You are in need of some educating young man! This will be a good place for you if you can be open to both sides of the realm!
I have no real liking for the left either, but hate would be a bit strong for me!:D

I listen to them.

Originally posted by Gop guy
Well, violence on t.v., POP culture in general, and the liberal media have posioned the minds of so many in my generation. My generation really doesn't care what goes on in the world around them, as long as they can buy their beauty products, drive their porsches, and live in really rich suburbs. They just don't want to know what's going on in the world is the main reason I guess. Rap music is one of the worst forces of POP culture that is brainwashing my generation into thinking that drug and alcohol abuse is ok, it's also ok to treat women as nothing more than sexual play things, and that if you don't like someone, shoot them. Not all rap preaches this, but most does. To little in my generation don't care about religion at all. We do whatever "feels good" We place entirely too much emphasis on material posessions, sex, and wanting people to like us. We take the freedoms so many in my grandfather's generation died for for granted. A lot of us just don't care about anything but ourselves. We also don't want to read at all. Finally, I may sound like an ass when I post sometimes. This is because I REALLY HATE THE LEFT, I MEAN REALLY. I believe they are responsible for everything bad that's happened to this country in recent years. I let my hatred seep into my posts and judgement, I am sorry about that.

I was the same way when I graduated from high school in 1990. We were heavy hitting for the first Bush to take office durring his campaign. We liked him for just a few reasons, and hated the opposing "left" side. It took me a little while before I realized that politicians almost always compromise when money and power are involved. They strike deals, and have agendas. They say one thing and do another.

That really made me wonder if I was looking at a black and white situation, or if there was a gray scale. It took years for me to figure out who to trust, but only after a few years of research figuring out exactly WHAT these guys should be doing to make things RIGHT first.

Education is always a good thing when you oppose something. It is best to know everything about WHAT you hate, and what the fix is before knowing WHO to hate. After that, you learn not to hate anyone, but their behavior its self.

Originally posted by NewGuy
It took me a little while before I realized that politicians almost always compromise when money and power are involved. They strike deals, and have agendas. They say one thing and do another.

[/B]

No. you don't say. Are you a protectionist?

Originally posted by Sir Evil
I can agree with your thought's KL! I am no genius on this matter either but I think others will be complaining that Bush did'nt do his job when a dirty bomb or something like it is set off in a major city somewere!

Yes. and the media will conveniently forget how libs disallow effective security measures on the grounds it's politically offensive.

I just re-read the patriot act from the link Jim provided. Just as I remembered each and every provision mentions terrorist acts as its target. For those who think they are against it, please check out the link. You may just change your mind.

New Topics

Forum List

Back