Kerry supporters now resorting to road rage...

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I was out of the office, going to get lunch on my lunchbreak, and it's pouring rain. I mean pouring, and it has been ALL DAY. There are even some flooded roads here.

Anyway. I am going along, and I hear rampant honking. I am looking around as much as I could, because it was raining so hard, and I had to keep my eye on the road. All of a sudden, a Toyota SUV pulls up beside me, and he starts shaking his fist and yelling something, and I think he gave me the finger (i could barely see because of the rain). I am scared to death! Was he trying to pull me over? Was a tail-light out? Was I was going too slow (I just pulled out from a turn lane and its raining, so it couldn't be that). He then pulls ahead, and I see all his Kerry supporter stickers(I call them euphorian stickers). I then figure he's not happy about my Bush/Cheney '04 and Garage Logic/AM KSTP 1500 window clings (i'm not stupid and putting permanent stickers on my custom paint). I figure whatever, and proceed to my destination.

He then starts harassing me, getting in front of me, slamming on his brakes, not letting me pass when he would go too slow, by changing lanes in front of me. If this had been on dry roads, I would have been able to maneuver around him (my Impala is a bit more nimble than an SUV)...but it was raining so hard, that I felt it was too dangerous. So I called the state patrol and gave the license plates.

I exit to where I was going, and on my way back, I see the suv on the bridge, and as I was at the stop light...I SAW the cop handing the driver something. I am hoping it was a ticket.

It's hard to believe, but yet I have had things like that happen to me many times. And it's frightening to have that happen. Im glad you got his license and had the frame of mind to call the police..........I don't know what the fine is for road rage but it should be hefty.

Democrats just don't appreciate the art of subtlety. Although I'm usually a very courteous driver, for the last few weeks, if someone has a Kerry sticker on their car(lots in Seattle), I won't let them in. I don't cut them off, I don't give them dirty looks and I don't go out of my way to make them miserable but I do get some evil satisfaction out of it. (BTW: I only do this in the car that doesn't have the W04 sticker on it so my "victims" never have a clue.)

There, I've confessed.

(And you can tell how dumb someone is when they put a bumper sticker on their paint job.)

fuzzykitten99 said:
I was out of the office, going to get lunch on my lunchbreak, and it's pouring rain. I mean pouring, and it has been ALL DAY. There are even some flooded roads here.

Anyway. I am going along, and I hear rampant honking. I am looking around as much as I could, because it was raining so hard, and I had to keep my eye on the road. All of a sudden, a Toyota SUV pulls up beside me, and he starts shaking his fist and yelling something, and I think he gave me the finger (i could barely see because of the rain). I am scared to death! Was he trying to pull me over? Was a tail-light out? Was I was going too slow (I just pulled out from a turn lane and its raining, so it couldn't be that). He then pulls ahead, and I see all his Kerry supporter stickers(I call them euphorian stickers). I then figure he's not happy about my Bush/Cheney '04 and Garage Logic/AM KSTP 1500 window clings (i'm not stupid and putting permanent stickers on my custom paint). I figure whatever, and proceed to my destination.

He then starts harassing me, getting in front of me, slamming on his brakes, not letting me pass when he would go too slow, by changing lanes in front of me. If this had been on dry roads, I would have been able to maneuver around him (my Impala is a bit more nimble than an SUV)...but it was raining so hard, that I felt it was too dangerous. So I called the state patrol and gave the license plates.

I exit to where I was going, and on my way back, I see the suv on the bridge, and as I was at the stop light...I SAW the cop handing the driver something. I am hoping it was a ticket.

Good for you!!!!! No one should have to tolerate that.

Another poster (who shall remain unnamed) accused us of being Nazis and compared us to the Gestapo. It is so interesting that the Nazi Brownshirts resorted to intimidating people who had views in opposition to theirs, much like the people who accosted you. I think that those who live in glass houses should not be throwing stones.

National Review and other magazines have been reported violence against Republican campaign workers, destruction/vandalism of Bush campaign property and theft of confidential campaign information.

This excerpt from "National Review" magazine...

The next time you hear Kerry whining about Republican "scare tactics," remember Spokane, Wash. There, on Oct. 11, Bush-Cheney campaign headquarters were broken into; a hole was kicked through the wall of an adjacent office, and cash was stolen. On Oct. 1, three laptops with confidential campaign information were purloined from a Bellevue, Wash., Bush-Cheney office. Gunshots pierced campaign headquarters in Knoxville, Tenn.; bullets from another drive-by, in Huntington, W. Va., narrowly missed staffers gathered to watch the president's Sept. 2 convention speech. The AFL-CIO has orchestrated invasion-and-intimidation missions against several Bush-Cheney offices in Florida — where three elderly volunteers were overwhelmed by some three dozen "protesters" in Tampa, and where an Orlando campaign worker had his wrist fractured by labor-union goon squads, who slammed another staffer's head into a glass door. Anti-Republican vandalism is ubiquitous: In Madison, Wis., a Bush supporter had a swastika burned into his lawn with weed killer. Lawn signs have been stolen or defaced almost everywhere, and cars sporting Bush-Cheney stickers are prime targets for attack. Unsurprisingly, there has been little outrage from the mainstream media, and almost no contrition from the perpetrators. There is, however, perspicacity from Internet T-shirt vendors: For $19.95, you can boast that "A person of tolerance and diversity keyed my car."

If I see a car with a Bush bumper sticker, I typically won't go out of my way to let a guy lane change and when I'm on the highway, I always speed ahead of the W04 cars and then get in front of them. I don't slow down or do anything to cause either of us to get in a wreck; its just to make them drive behind my "John Kerry for President" bumper sticker.

Palestinian Jew said:
If I see a car with a Bush bumper sticker, I typically won't go out of my way to let a guy lane change and when I'm on the highway, I always speed ahead of the W04 cars and then get in front of them. I don't slow down or do anything to cause either of us to get in a wreck; its just to make them drive behind my "John Kerry for President" bumper sticker.

I'd ride your ass, and lay on my horn til you got sick of it and got the f*** out of my way. If that failed to work, I'd call 911 and have you pulled over for drunk driving. :D

Palestinian Jew said:

I hope you run across a guy driving a 74 Chevy station wagon. I also hope he has a really bad attitude and no insurance.

I looked at everybody's location and noticed most of you are in predominately dem territory or nearly split.

I currently live in Texas, so all the Kerry-Edwards folks are usually just passing through...quickly. They look scared too :shocked: , like a white boy lost in South Central LA.

I'm on a predominately republican *block*. :D

Actually, I think most of Wisconsin is pro-Bush.

I live in Madison WI and have 2 Bush-Cheney stickers on the bumper of my SUV. I honestly cannot believe that I havn't been keyed yet.

theim said:
I live in Madison WI and have 2 Bush-Cheney stickers on the bumper of my SUV. I honestly cannot believe that I havn't been keyed yet.

Im happy to hear you haven't.............three people I know have had paint ruined and doors keyed.

The easiest way to get around morons trashing your car is to get rid of the political stickers, but still keep the Support Our Troops ribbon magnets.. Who's going to stoop low enough to trash something like that?

Shattered said:
The easiest way to get around morons trashing your car is to get rid of the political stickers, but still keep the Support Our Troops ribbon magnets.. Who's going to stoop low enough to trash something like that?

That's exactly what I have now on my car, but it's a shame that Bush supporters no longer have the right to free speech!!!!

Bonnie said:
That's exactly what I have now on my car, but it's a shame that Bush supporters no longer have the right to free speech!!!!

Well, we may not have "free", but we have the right to "speech" ... It equates to the cost of a new paint job, or in some cases, a whole new car..

Pathetic, isn't it?

Shattered said:
Well, we may not have "free", but we have the right to "speech" ... It equates to the cost of a new paint job, or in some cases, a whole new car..

Pathetic, isn't it?

And frightening!!

S'ok - we'll get even when Bush is relected. Hell.. with all the ones threatening to leave the country....:D

All this talk has inspired me to design my own version of a Kerry Edwards bumper sticker that takes into account the brutish tactics of some of Democratic opponents! (Click on the thumbnail for a larger image!)

KarlMarx said:
All this talk has inspired me to design my own version of a Kerry Edwards bumper sticker that takes into account the brutish tactics of some of Democratic opponents! (Click on the thumbnail for a larger image!)

That is GREAT!!!!!!!!! Im going to print it and use if you don't mind???

Shattered said:
S'ok - we'll get even when Bush is relected. Hell.. with all the ones threatening to leave the country....:D
he was not elected the first time

Forum List

Back