Kerry Supporter? OMG!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Lots of links, scroll down nearly a 1/4 way down: http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110005529

Excerpt:
'A Charm Vacuum'
We were traveling earlier this week, so we missed John Kerry's appearance on Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" with Jon Stewart. But something tells us the show was a lot less entertaining than Dana Stevens's review of it in Slate. That something is Stevens's review itself. As you read this, keep in mind that she's a Kerry supporter :

Kerry's charisma was less than zero: It was negative. He was a charm vacuum, forced to actually borrow mojo from audience members. He was a dessicated [sic] husk, a tin man who really didn't have a heart. His lack of vibrancy, his utter dearth of sex appeal made Al Gore look like Charo.

(Metaphor alert: Stevens goes on to say: "Watching Kerry strike out was especially heartbreaking given that Stewart was pitching not just softballs but marshmallows. Puffy interview marshmallows with rainbow sprinkles on them, and Kerry was letting them sail by as if he planned to get to first base on a walk. That may be how he hopes to win the presidency as well, but before he gets there, he'll have to jump through hoops a lot tougher than this exchange.")

Stevens also asks, "Can we really trust our future to a man who fails to see the humor in the following exchange?":

Kerry: You'd be amazed the number of people who wanna introduce themselves to you in the men's room. [laughter]

Stewart: Really?

Kerry: God. It--it's the most bizarre part of this entire campaign.

No doubt this is Kerry's clumsy effort to prove he's no Sitzpinkler. Stevens also notes that despite the damage the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth have done to him, Kerry has failed to understand that his "war hero" act has worn thin (emphasis in original):

When the interview was over and Kerry rose to leave, he caused audible groans in my household by saluting the audience (just as he did at the opening of his convention speech: "John Kerry reporting for duty." Lieutenant Kerry, your first order is to stop saluting the audience. It makes you look like a total tool).

Actually, we'd say "tool" is too mild. Ralph Peters, a retired Army officer and reluctant Bush backer, puts his finger on what's wrong with Kerry's Vietnam braggadocio--a point, he notes, that "pundits have trouble grasping, given the self-promoting nature of today's culture" (emphasis in original):

Real heroes don't call themselves heroes. Honorable soldiers or sailors don't brag. They let their deeds speak for themselves. Some of the most off-putting words any veteran can utter are "I'm a war hero."

Real heroes (and I've been honored to know some) never portray their service in grandiose terms, telling TV cameras that they're reporting for duty. Real heroes may be proud of the sacrifices they offered, but they don't shout for attention.

This is so profoundly a part of the military code of behavior that it cannot be over-emphasized. The rule is that those who brag about being heroes usually aren't heroes at all. Bragging is for drunks at the end of the bar, not for real vets. And certainly not for anyone who wishes to trade on his service to become our commander-in-chief.

A lot of Kerry supporters seem genuinely mystified as to why veterans would not prefer John Kerry, who by the way served in Vietnam, to George W. Bush, whose military service was stateside. Most of these same people, of course, backed Bill Clinton against his World War II hero opponents in both 1992 and 1996, so it's not that they think military service is all that important as a qualification for the presidency. It's just that they're blind to the nuances of military culture--as, it would seem, is Kerry himself.

"Kerry was letting them sail by as if he planned to get to first base on a walk. That may be how he hopes to win the presidency as well"

I think that's what he's been hoping for. Boy, is he in for a surprise come November.

Kerry: You'd be amazed the number of people who wanna introduce themselves to you in the men's room. [laughter]

:wtf: There are so many problems with this line.

First, as pointed out, its not funny.

Second, its showing how detached he is from the common man because men dont talk in bathrooms, the go in, do their business. maybe wash their hands and then get out. I mean what kind of man walks up to another man when he is pissing and introduces himself?

Third, I have a hard time believing John Kerry would ever "degrade" himself to step into a public restroom. His pride wouldnt allow himself to look so common. Besides even if he did hed probably have the secret service guys there keeping people away.

Third, I have a hard time believing John Kerry would ever "degrade" himself to step into a public restroom. His pride wouldnt allow himself to look so common. Besides even if he did hed probably have the secret service guys there keeping people away.
That or he probably has his fancy bus or motorhome always nearby wherever he goes so he can use that bathroom (like some actress, I can't remember who) or he has someone go check out the nearby facilities beforehand so Kerry knows where the nearest, cleanest bathrooms are.

I love hearing stuff like that from people who support Kerry. I hope more and more people read comments like that so Kerry goes down in flames.

Kathianne said:
Lots of links, scroll down nearly a 1/4 way down: http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110005529

Excerpt:

You know, I have a LOT of trouble accepting this little kerry tale. (get it?)

If someone was on the crapper and dared to rip off a semi-loud fart he'd be looking down the barrels of at least half a dozen secret service pistols in two seconds flat.

But then again, the only way I'd shake kerry's hand would be if I'd just had my johnson in it. Maybe that's why he's so popular in the toilet.

Forum List

Back