Kerry Stop the NRA. Com

ajwps

Nov 7, 2003
Houston, TX
http://www.stopthenra.com

Dear Supporter,

Today Senator John Kerry makes a strong defense of the ban and blasts President George W. Bush for blocking the renewal.

"In the Al Qaeda manual on terror, they were telling people to go out and buy assault weapons, to come to America and buy assault weapons," Kerry said. "Every law enforcement officer in America doesn't want us selling assault weapons in the streets of America, but George Bush, he says, 'Well, I'm for that."'

Kerry said that Bush was caving to demands of the National Rifle Association. What other explanation is there, when surveys show nearly 80 percent of Americans want it renewed, and every major law enforcement group supports renewing the ban?

Also, our full-page ad today talks about the absurdity of President Bush letting the Assault Weapons Ban expire in this day and age despite his pledge to keep the nation safe from terrorism. The ad shows Osama bin Laden carrying an AK-47 assault rifle and quotes an Al Qaeda training manual that says: "In countries like the United States it's perfectly legal for members of the public to own certain types of firearms. If you live in such a country obtain an assault rifle legally, preferably an AK-47 or variations."

With your ongoing support we will win this fight. Please contribute what you can.

Here's what you can do:

1. Contribute to our campaign to help us pay for more ads

2. Please forward this e-mail to friends

Thank you so much.

stoptheNRA.com

Powered by Convio Register to Vote!

Click here to update your e-mail preferences or
unsubscribe from future e-mails.

Come on aj. Don't let your paranoid dystopia nightmares regarding christians with guns get to you.

Keep your liberal crap off of our site, please!

From the same site - a list compiled by the NRA of groups, individuals and newspapers who actively seek to abrogate the second amendment. I doubt that this anti-gun lobby intended this use of its web page, but this is as good a place as any to view a list of enemies of the constitution and of our right to keep and bear arms.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

Thats funny, G.W has publicly stated that IF it is passed by the house he would sign the bill. wonder why the house is delaying it???? HHmmmmm.......
try and get the story right, the ball isnt in play if the bill doesnt land on his desk.

A lot of the stuff about "assault" weapons is BS.

First of all, many people make it seem like they are just referring to rapid-fire weapons like AK-47s. But they are not. Many weapons used by hunters and are not rapid fire are considered assault weapons under that law.

Second, assault weapons are not used that much in crimes. Some people act like assault weapons-wielding criminals are running around wreaking havoc and killing people left and right, and it just isn't the case.

Third, what does banning them really do? Do you really think that a criminal will care that the particular weapon is illegal? Hell no he's not going to care.

I wish more people would look at the facts instead of resorting to the rhetoric and hyperbole often associated with this issue. Here is a good site I found that discusses this. Check out the links at the bottom as well:

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcassaul.html

The ban doesn't really ban assualt weapons anyways. Just those with certain features like:

pistol grip
bayonet rail
flash supressor
expanded clip
collapsible stock
grenade launcher (i guess that was a problem...)

Just a symbolic piece of legislation without impact or real purpose.

With the federal assault weapons ban sunsetting on Monday at midnight, the gun-control movement has a lot to fear, but not what most people think. Despite claims that letting the 10-year-old ban on some semiautomatic weapons expire will result in a surge in gun crimes and police killings, the fact is that letting the law expire will probably just show the uselessness of gun-control regulations.

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/op-eds/LATimesEndingAWB.html

This occured to me...

The ad shows Osama bin Laden carrying an AK-47 assault rifle and quotes an Al Qaeda training manual that says: "In countries like the United States it's perfectly legal for members of the public to own certain types of firearms. If you live in such a country obtain an assault rifle legally, preferably an AK-47 or variations."

Obviously al Qaeda isn't familiar with the kind of guys who own gun stores and sell assualt weapons.

Yeah, I'm sure the assault weapons ban was a real snag for terrorist planning. Just imagine: "Geeze wiz Abdul I sure would like to arm our sucide terrorist cell with some assault rifles, but you know there is this annoying law banning such weapons. Maybe we should just give up." :rolleyes:

tim_duncan2000 said:
A lot of the stuff about "assault" weapons is BS.

Third, what does banning them really do? Do you really think that a criminal will care that the particular weapon is illegal? Hell no he's not going to care.

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcassaul.html

I think banning them means you can't buy them in gun stores, where the majority of Americans get their guns. Banning them there makes it more difficult (not impossible, of course) to procure them, and thus lowering the amount of assault weapon-related crime. Its a good first step.

nakedemperor said:
I think banning them means you can't buy them in gun stores, where the majority of Americans get their guns.
Excuse me, you MEAN where the Majority of LAW ABIDING Americans get their guns.
Banning them there makes it more difficult (not impossible, of course) to procure them, and thus lowering the amount of assault weapon-related crime. Its a good first step.
Only for those that follow the law, get it dimwit?

nakedemperor said:
I think banning them means you can't buy them in gun stores, where the majority of Americans get their guns. Banning them there makes it more difficult (not impossible, of course) to procure them, and thus lowering the amount of assault weapon-related crime. Its a good first step.

How exactly is making it illegal to buy assault weapons going to stop assault weapon related crime? Think about it. Who is going to commit assault weapon related crime? Could it be...i dunno...criminals? Explain to me why on earth a criminal is going to care whether its illegal to buy and assault weapon if they plan on using it to blow someones brains out or rob a store or something?

nakedemperor said:

The only people that shop for guns "in stores", are "law abiding" anyway. If you're not a citizen of America, or are a convicted felon, or any one of a myriad of other reasons, you are NOT going to get a weapon from a "STORE" that has an FFL license.

Terrorists don't buy these weapons from stores either. They buy them from black market unground sources, so for one, there's no legal record of them buying it that can be traced. Therefore, this BAN isn't worth the paper it was printed on as far as terrorists go.

These gun control zealots have been punishing only the law abiding citizens of America with their communistic gun control efforts. When the ban expires, everyone will finaly see that the ban had NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on gun related crime or terrorism. It'll be a HUGE blow to the gun control freaks, and they know it.

Two questions:

1) How many Islamofacist terrorist indcidents have occurred in the US where they were using "assault rifles?" Geez, they don't even do that kind of crap outside of the US. (e.g. embassy bombings, Cole, etc....)

2) 9/11 and other events lead me to think that Al Queda would be planning somehting on a much larger scale than mowing down a few people with an AK. Does someone know of other plans they have? Like maybe they'll take over the White House with an armed band of AK-wielding fanatics.

I love the inference that the NRA is an evil group "out there " pushing guns.

No organization in America has done more to promote gun safety than the NRA.

It was the NRA at the top of Clinton/Reno's shite list when they publicy pointed out their Complete Failure in enforcing federal gun laws.

The NRA and the ACLU had a footrace to the Supreme Court to see which would be first to file a protest on McCain/feingold. - Protecting the First ammendment...

The NRA is at least 6 million Americans , plus their families , plus their friends who haven't bothered to sign up , scattered across the whole country. I am the NRA. I don't go to secret meetings, I never killed anyone.
My child knows that power tools, fire , traffic , and guns are not to be played with.

And of course I oppose the stupid assault weapon ban, and I don't even want an AK. ... but I would love one of the new Springfield Armoury M1 carbines.

Mr. P said:
And your position on this, would be what, ajwps?

Ask the Branch Davidians whether a democrat led government can choose to attack American citizens who keep and maintain weapons for their self protection.

It took 51 days for Janet Reno under the commander in chief to attack a group of religious American nuts, burn them and their children to ashes with tanks.

Ask the Europeans who during WW2 were not allowed to possess firearms. The Nazi storm troopers broke into the homes in the captured European countries, pulled entire families into the streets and shot them on the spot.

Of course the Germans knew that everyone was unarmed.

John Kerry accepts a shotgun from an admirer and he holds it to his shoulder and all the while vows to disarm America so the Al-Qaida can march right into your homes and kill defenseless Americans.

Thanks John Kerry..... But no thanks.

The topic article is meant to make Americans realize what could be in November. That is my point.

I simply find it appalling that this president, all the while attacking John Kerry for being weak on terrorism, condones his attorney general ordering the justice department not to check into whether suspected terrorists are buying guns, and then sits back while the assualt weapons ban, a law that helps to keep large weapons out of the hands of terrorists, is allowed to expire.

The hypocrisy is blinding.

acludem

perhaps you are ignorant of the fact that it is illegal for the US Gov to keep lists of firearms in this country. When Ashcroft blatently follows the law you get upset. Curious.

And how enlightening to see you complain about Ashcroft right after a reminder of what janet reno did to the children of the Branch Davidians.
In case you weren't looking, she set them on fire after tear gassing them and let them run out the back door into machine gun fire.

acludem said:
I simply find it appalling that this president, all the while attacking John Kerry for being weak on terrorism, condones his attorney general ordering the justice department not to check into whether suspected terrorists are buying guns, and then sits back while the assualt weapons ban, a law that helps to keep large weapons out of the hands of terrorists, is allowed to expire. The hypocrisy is blinding. acludem

Do you know how to check on who buys weapons at gun shows or in back alleys? Do you know that this president has not already initiated an internal terrorist 'plant' system into terror cells and our government already knows just about everything that is going on or is planned against these United States?

Do you think that President Bush can announce these possibilities to the media without compromising our safety?

The current assault weapon ban if renewed would not stop one terrorist or nut from getting any type of weapon he or she wants? The Americans who wrote the US Constitution knew what they were doing when they gave every citizen the right to keep and bear arms.

They did not specify new modern arms or those that may be created in the future, but the message they gave in our Constitution was clear and unmistakeable.

How defenseless do you want to be against terrorists or your own government from deciding to simply eliminate Americans that a future president or Congress might deem to be unworthy to be a free people?

Any weapon used in assault on another person becomes an "assault weapon". Where the heck is the outcry to register box cutters?

Forum List

Back