Kerry Slams 'Wrong War in the Wrong Place'

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
WASHINGTON - Democrat John Kerry (news - web sites) accused President Bush (news - web sites) on Monday of sending U.S. troops to the "wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time" and said he'd try to bring them all home in four years. Bush rebuked him for taking "yet another new position" on the war.

Iraq (news - web sites) overshadowed the traditional Labor Day kickoff of the fall campaign and its time-honored emphasis on jobs, as Kerry delivered some of his harshest rhetoric against Bush's handling of the war and highlighted its economic costs. The Democrat set, for the first time, a tentative time frame for completing a withdrawal that Republican opponents say is too soon even to begin.

"We want those troops home, and my goal would be to try to get them home in my first term," Kerry said, speaking to a fellow Vietnam War veteran at a campaign stop in Pennsylvania who had asked about a timetable for withdrawal.

Bush, campaigning in southeast Missouri, described Kerry's attack as the product of chronic equivocation combined with a shake up of his advisers.

"After voting for the war, but against funding it, after saying he would have voted for the war even knowing everything we know today, my opponent woke up this morning with new campaign advisers and yet another new position," Bush said in prepared remarks.

Full Story

Whoa, how many times is Kerry going to change position on this?

They call him Flipper, Flipper, la la la la la...

Kerry said last month he would try to begin withdrawing troops from Iraq within his first six months in office, conditioning that goal on getting more assistance from other countries. ... He called the president's coalition in Iraq "the phoniest thing I ever heard"

Priceless Kerry

MtnBiker said:
WASHINGTON - Democrat John Kerry (news - web sites) accused President Bush (news - web sites) on Monday of sending U.S. troops to the "wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time" and said he'd try to bring them all home in four years. Bush rebuked him for taking "yet another new position" on the war.

Iraq (news - web sites) overshadowed the traditional Labor Day kickoff of the fall campaign and its time-honored emphasis on jobs, as Kerry delivered some of his harshest rhetoric against Bush's handling of the war and highlighted its economic costs. The Democrat set, for the first time, a tentative time frame for completing a withdrawal that Republican opponents say is too soon even to begin.

"We want those troops home, and my goal would be to try to get them home in my first term," Kerry said, speaking to a fellow Vietnam War veteran at a campaign stop in Pennsylvania who had asked about a timetable for withdrawal.

Bush, campaigning in southeast Missouri, described Kerry's attack as the product of chronic equivocation combined with a shake up of his advisers.

"After voting for the war, but against funding it, after saying he would have voted for the war even knowing everything we know today, my opponent woke up this morning with new campaign advisers and yet another new position," Bush said in prepared remarks.

Full Story

Whoa, how many times is Kerry going to change position on this?
Even the Dems are having a hard time with Kerry. Just returned from a bar-b-que. Most were dems, ~shudder~, to a person, they agreed that Kerry has no core. He will say anything that he thinks make GW look bad, even if it makes himself look worse. They all agreed, implosion. They are pissed, I'm glad. :flameth:

this would be hilarious if were not for the fact that this man actually has a chance at becoming president.

theim said:
this would be hilarious if were not for the fact that this man actually has a chance at becoming president.

I agree, though the possibility is looking less likely than a month ago!

Kathianne said:
Even the Dems are having a hard time with Kerry.

Well of course they are. Even for avid kerry supporters, it's a full time job just to AGREE with him. Because they have to have access to minute-by-minute updates in order to stay on the same sheet of music with Senator Poodle.

Can you imagine getting up in the morning and the first order of business every day is to find out what has changed overnight? And then you would still have to touch base every eight hours just to make sure you don't miss an "emergency" flip-flop

:alco:

Merlin1047 said:
Well of course they are. Even for avid kerry supporters, it's a full time job just to AGREE with him. Because they have to have access to minute-by-minute updates in order to stay on the same sheet of music with Senator Poodle.

Can you imagine getting up in the morning and the first order of business every day is to find out what has changed overnight? And then you would still have to touch base every eight hours just to make sure you don't miss an "emergency" flip-flop

:alco:
:cheers2: :eek:

I mean this guy is just so...transparent. He says he is for the Iraq war, even votes for it. Then Howard "the Howler" Dean starts taking alot of the Democratic vote for his anti-war stance. So what does Kerry do? Stay consistant? Nah, that's for losers. He becomes anti-war. Untill of course when the polls show most Americans support staying in Iraq for the time being, which is when he declares that he is too. Then some Clinton advisors join his sinking campaign, and now suddenly he wants to start pulling out 6 months after hes elected.

It just gets me so mad to think that people would actually VOTE for this guy! Its like he doen't even TRY to stay consistant because the Anybody But Bush crowd that are the dems will still vote for him.

So.... where's all the liberals in this thread SUPPORTING kerry? er... I mean "flipper"... :wtf:

They are saying on the news that Kery talked to Clinton while he was in the hospital and Clinton advised him to drop the Vitenam stuff,Swiftboat stuff. Clinton told him to focus on Bush's record. Sounds like he taking his advice after that big drop in the polls. :rotflmao:

Forum List

Back