Kerry Says Need a Bigger Army

wolvie20m

Oct 20, 2004
Seattle, Wa
Ok I've gone over this a few times and read into recruiting quotas. John Kerry says we need two more Army divisions. How does he plan to do that when the Army this year is having trouble recruiting. Also he has been the one to bring up the draft, but acused Bush of suggesting it. I now think Kerry doesn't know anything about anything. hmm......I just hope Bush wins this election and soon.

Debate Over Size, Shape of Army

WASHINGTON — With commitments in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere, no one disputes that the Army has a lot on its plate. But the consensus collapses when it comes to easing the military's charge.

The disagreement has turned political — John Kerry (search) says the Army needs two more divisions, while President Bush (search) argues such an expansion would be unnecessary.

To meet its commitments, the Army has had to delay soldiers' retirement from the service and has temporarily expanded its ranks by 33,000 men. But when it comes to more permanent solutions, the Defense Department (search) and some military experts say that much can be accomplished by improving efficiencies within the service.

Changing soldiers' specializations, using more technology and making better use of the Reserve are among changes that could help transform the force, they say. Others argue that adding Military Police and civil affairs units instead of Cold War-style artillery and armor units would provide more capabilities to fight wars like the ones in Afghanistan and Iraq.

"We can feed the hungry, clothe the naked, bathe the unwashed, but we only do the minimum that we have to because there are other parts of our society that can do that," Brig. Gen. David Fastabend said at a recent Heritage Foundation event. By farming out these and other nonp-combat duties, the Army would free up more soldiers who could be in the field, he said.

link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,130541,00.html

You know, Bush keeps pointing out that Kerry's medical plans, etc. will cost trillions, which means Kerry MUST raise taxes on EVERYBODY to pay for it. Hell, even the Bush campaign are not taking into account Kerry's plans such as this, the funding of stem-cell research, etc., etc. These are "ideas" that Kerry says he will fund, but how? On the backs of the middle class. That is how. The military IS NOT having trouble recruiting. From what I understand, they are getting plenty of eager recruits. If they were having trouble then all they have to do is lower the educational requirements, etc. and they are NOT doing that.

freeandfun1 said:
You know, Bush keeps pointing out that Kerry's medical plans, etc. will cost trillions, which means Kerry MUST raise taxes on EVERYBODY to pay for it. Hell, even the Bush campaign are not taking into account Kerry's plans such as this, the funding of stem-cell research, etc., etc. These are "ideas" that Kerry says he will fund, but how? On the backs of the middle class. That is how. The military IS NOT having trouble recruiting. From what I understand, they are getting plenty of eager recruits. If they were having trouble then all they have to do is lower the educational requirements, etc. and they are NOT doing that.

How do you think the recuiting will go if Kerry is CIC ?

dilloduck said:
How do you think the recuiting will go if Kerry is CIC ?

Not very well. A good friend is the CNC SOCKOR and he was telling me that many officers are already talking of resigning if Kerry is elected. Last time he saw this happen was when Clinton was elected in `92. To be fair, when Clinton was first elected there was NOT a mass exodus of senior ranking officers and enlisted men. But after Somalia, many resigned and that included soldiers that had 18 years in and only needed two more to reach retirement. They were SO fed up with Clinton they gave up their retirements rather than serve under him. I see the same happening if Kerry is elected. The military DOES NOT trust Kerry.

AS happened during the Clinton admin, there will be a dropoff in the retention rate of those that could be career military.....one of my brothers the Marine Corps after 12 years due to the fact that the CiC was not worthy of respect.

New recruiting will be much more difficult, as well, since the US will more than likely be under the jurisdiction of the UN blue hats (as they were undr Clinton, as well.....first time in history that the US had to wear the blue helmet....and not under our own colors.

I will be leaving for basic training for the Marines, I would be disgraced to wear a blue helmet. I would consider it treason by, claiming more then just being american.

wolvie20m said:
I will be leaving for basic training for the Marines, I would be disgraced to wear a blue helmet. I would consider it treason by, claiming more then just being american.

If you have to wear a blue helmet, I will personally teach republicans how to get there asses out in the streets and pull off a protest that the likes have never been seen. :tank:

dilloduck said:
If you have to wear a blue helmet, I will personally teach republicans how to get there asses out in the streets and pull off a protest that the likes have never been seen. :tank:
Some of us old vets will be right there with you! Blue Helmet indeed!

There's nothing about serving the U.N. in the oath of service. You swear loyaltly to the Constitution and nothing else. If they try to put you in a blue helmet, challenge the decision. It's one thing to transfer you to Alaska. It's another thing entirely to try to make you fight in the uniform of someone you have to loyalty to.

I agree with many here...people are joining the military, recruiting numbers are still doing well...BECAUSE of Bush.

I am a military spouse...and I know for a fact that the majority of people on this base are TERRIFIED at the proposition of John Kerry as Commander-In-Chief.

My base is less then half the size it was before the Clinton years...most were lost due to his cuts...but THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS left rather than deal with Clinton.

How on earth does Kerry expect to encourage people to join the military when they know that they might be going to fight a war he doesn't think is a good idea?!?!?! Young men and women will not put their life on the line for "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time." They put their lives on the line because they believe that a fledgling democracy in Iraq would be the start of a better life for those in the middle east...a glimpse at how good life could be if you weren't blowing yourself up or flying yourself into buildings...

Kerry does not understand why Iraq matters to the War on Terrorism...so how on earth is he going to convince others to go there??? 40,000 new military recruits?!??!? I think its possible if he is planning on using the Charlie Rangle Recruitment Plan....

Forum List

Back