Kerry Says Need a Bigger Army

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wolvie20m, Nov 1, 2004.

1. wolvie20m

wolvie20m Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Ok I've gone over this a few times and read into recruiting quotas. John Kerry says we need two more Army divisions. How does he plan to do that when the Army this year is having trouble recruiting. Also he has been the one to bring up the draft, but acused Bush of suggesting it. I now think Kerry doesn't know anything about anything. hmm......I just hope Bush wins this election and soon.

link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,130541,00.html

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    So you think the Dems might be shocked by what they get when their slogan is "anybody but Bush"? :cof:

3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    You know, Bush keeps pointing out that Kerry's medical plans, etc. will cost trillions, which means Kerry MUST raise taxes on EVERYBODY to pay for it. Hell, even the Bush campaign are not taking into account Kerry's plans such as this, the funding of stem-cell research, etc., etc. These are "ideas" that Kerry says he will fund, but how? On the backs of the middle class. That is how. The military IS NOT having trouble recruiting. From what I understand, they are getting plenty of eager recruits. If they were having trouble then all they have to do is lower the educational requirements, etc. and they are NOT doing that.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    How do you think the recuiting will go if Kerry is CIC ?

5. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Not very well. A good friend is the CNC SOCKOR and he was telling me that many officers are already talking of resigning if Kerry is elected. Last time he saw this happen was when Clinton was elected in `92. To be fair, when Clinton was first elected there was NOT a mass exodus of senior ranking officers and enlisted men. But after Somalia, many resigned and that included soldiers that had 18 years in and only needed two more to reach retirement. They were SO fed up with Clinton they gave up their retirements rather than serve under him. I see the same happening if Kerry is elected. The military DOES NOT trust Kerry.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Fmr jarhead

Fmr jarhead Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    AS happened during the Clinton admin, there will be a dropoff in the retention rate of those that could be career military.....one of my brothers the Marine Corps after 12 years due to the fact that the CiC was not worthy of respect.

New recruiting will be much more difficult, as well, since the US will more than likely be under the jurisdiction of the UN blue hats (as they were undr Clinton, as well.....first time in history that the US had to wear the blue helmet....and not under our own colors.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. wolvie20m

wolvie20m Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I will be leaving for basic training for the Marines, I would be disgraced to wear a blue helmet. I would consider it treason by, claiming more then just being american.

8. Eightball

Eightball Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +252
    Bigger Army is code for DRAFT!

Regards, Eightballsidepocket

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    If you have to wear a blue helmet, I will personally teach republicans how to get there asses out in the streets and pull off a protest that the likes have never been seen. :tank:

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Some of us old vets will be right there with you! Blue Helmet indeed!