Kerry Says His 'Family' Owns SUV, Not He

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
Friday April 23, 2004 12:46 AM

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Does John Kerry, who supports higher automobile fuel economy standards, own a gas-guzzling SUV? He does, but says it belongs to the family, not to him.

During a conference call Thursday with reporters to discuss his upcoming jobs tour through West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan, the Democratic presidential candidate was asked whether he owned a Chevrolet Suburban.

``I don't own an SUV,'' said Kerry, who supports increasing existing fuel economy standards to 36 miles per gallon by 2015 in order to reduce the nation's dependence on foreign oil supplies.

Kerry also has made rising gasoline prices an issue in the campaign against President Bush. In Houston on Thursday, Kerry said the president broke a 2000 campaign pledge to ``jawbone'' oil-producing nations by pressuring them to increase their output.

Kerry thought for a second when asked whether his wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, had a Suburban at their Ketchum, Idaho, home. Kerry said he owns and drives a Dodge 600 and recently bought a Chrysler 300M. He said his wife owns the Chevrolet SUV.

``The family has it. I don't have it,'' he said.

Full story

The family has it. I don't have it
:rolleyes: , does he think the american voter is an idiot?

What an idiot! LOL

This dope will say anything to appease whomever he's speaking to at the moment. I'd bet my life if he was meeting with auto workers he would brag about supporting them by buying and SUV.

In my opinion, this man has no credibility whatsoever.

He doesn't own it, he only rides in it. :rolleyes:

KerrysSUV.jpg

You guys are being way to hard on Mr. Heinz...oops, Mr. Kerry. Have you never thought that SHE actually does own it??? Prenups are great for women, not just men!

Why do you think that Kerry is so all fired hot for the little guy...comparatively speaking he's on the outside looking in!

Originally posted by Moi
You guys are being way to hard on Mr. Heinz...oops, Mr. Kerry. Have you never thought that SHE actually does own it??? Prenups are great for women, not just men!

Why do you think that Kerry is so all fired hot for the little guy...comparatively speaking he's on the outside looking in!

She owns it, and owns him as well. And while i know its funny to point out that Kerry is his wifes b^%&$, i wouldnt want to insult the dead by giving Kerry the name of a good man.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
LOL!!!!

What a bastard! "I only rode in it, I never actually drove it".

Has he driven any car? I would think he probably prefers to get driven around by his servants.

This guy is the most arrogant SOB ive ever seen. And Teddy Kennedy has been around for awhile. He talks down toyu like your a child. If you don't support his opinions, your intellectually inferior. He has no stance on anything and when you call him on it, your the one thats in the wrong.

I dont want this guy as president. Bush has shown that he backs up what he says and He stands firm on his principles because he has some. Thats the kind of guy i want leading my country. A guy that says what he means and does what he says.

Question. Is there a Kerry family? I mean does he have any children because i dont think ive ever heard of any.

Originally posted by jimnyc
What an idiot! LOL

This dope will say anything to appease whomever he's speaking to at the moment. I'd bet my life if he was meeting with auto workers he would brag about supporting them by buying and SUV.

In my opinion, this man has no credibility whatsoever.

Yep yep yep, he is a freaking moron and it's sooo sad ANYONE wants this asshole elected.:mad:

Forum List

Back