Kerry Promises To Help Illegal Aliens

Originally posted by Pale Rider
So now kerry is whoring HIMSELF out to the wetbacks for votes. These people know no shame.

LOL.............That's great!:clap1: You have agreat way of putting things

Big D:
The underlying question is when and how did PC-ness supercede all other values in the liberal mind?

When did adhering to what's politically correct become more important than, say, honesty?

I'd like to understand the ascent of this particular moral theory. Anybody know?

Originally posted by Bonnie
LOL.............That's great!:clap1: You have agreat way of putting things

Thanks for the compliment, but there's more to it than that even. I mean I'm a conservative, but even Bush has pandered to the illegals, and in doing so, is what pisses me off about him more than anything else. Enough so that I wouldn't vote for him if I had a decent choice. Problem is... I don't. kerry scares the shit out of me far worse than Bush pisses me off about the wetbacks.

Originally posted by softwaremama
Anybody interested in political action on this, check out:
www.fairus.org

That's a good website. I've got that bookmarked. There's lots of good info there, and it's not some one sided racist site. It's just the facts, and they're enough to startle you.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
That's a good website. I've got that bookmarked. There's lots of good info there, and it's not some one sided racist site. It's just the facts, and they're enough to startle you.

You're right, it's not racist to be against illegal immigration--it's about following the laws that already exist.

There are lots of others who immigrate here illegallly, too. It's just easier for Mexicans to cross the border they share with the U.S. That's not racist, it's factual.

If more people logged onto the www.fairus.org website and began to understand how illegals are and will have an enormous impact on this country, they would be shocked, as you note, and illegal immigration would become a huge national issue.

Originally posted by softwaremama
Big D:
The underlying question is when and how did PC-ness supercede all other values in the liberal mind?

When did adhering to what's politically correct become more important than, say, honesty?

I'd like to understand the ascent of this particular moral theory. Anybody know?
Because, liberals feel sorry for blacks and hispanics. They feel sorry for them because:
1. Blacks and hispanics are failures in a civil socity.
2. They feel guilt because inside because liberals do feel superiour to blacks and hispanics. They prove this by making laws that lower all standards for blacks and hispanics.

Liberals will tell us all on one hand that all people are all the same, but then on the other hand liberals tell us we should all celebrate "diversity".
Diversity = Difference

Liberals belief that the only reason blacks and hispanics fail in a civil socity is because of racism/slavery.

The dogma has logical consequences that are profoundly important. If blacks, for example, are equal to Whites in every way, what accounts for their poverty, criminality, and dissipation? Since any theory of racial differences has been outlawed, the only possible explanation for black failure is White racism. And since blacks are markedly poor, crime-prone, and dissipated, America must be racked with pervasive racism. Nothing else could be keeping them in such an abject state.

All public discourse on race today is locked into this rigid logic. Any explanation for black failure that does not depend on White wickedness threatens to veer off into the forbidden territory of racial differences. Thus, even if today's Whites can find in their hearts no desire to oppress blacks, yesterday's Whites must have oppressed them. If Whites do not consciously oppress blacks, they must oppress them Unconsciously. If no obviously racist individuals can be identified, then societal institutions must be racist. Or, since blacks are failing so terribly in America, there simply must be millions of White people we do not know about, who are working day and night to keep blacks in misery. The dogma of racial equality leaves no room for an explanation of black failure that is not, in some fashion, an indictment of White people.

The logical consequences of this are clear. Since we are required to believe that the only explanation for non-White failure is White racism, every time a non-White is poor, commits a crime, goes on welfare, or takes drugs, White society stands accused of yet another act of racism. All failure or misbehavior by non-Whites is standing proof that White society is riddled with hatred and bigotry. For precisely so long as non-Whites fail to succeed in life at exactly the same level as Whites, Whites will be, by definition, thwarting and oppressing them. This obligatory pattern of thinking leads to strange conclusions. First of all, racism is a sin that is thought to be committed almost exclusively by White people. Indeed, a black congressman from Chicago, Gus Savage, and Coleman Young, the black mayor of Detroit, have argued that only White people can be racist. Likewise, in 1987, the affirmative action officer of the State Insurance Fund of New York issued a company pamphlet in which she explained that all Whites are racist and that only Whites can be racist. How else could the plight of blacks be explained without flirting with the possibility of racial inequality?

http://www.planetpapers.com/Assets/3874.php

Originally posted by Big D
...All public discourse on race today is locked into this rigid logic. Any explanation for black failure that does not depend on White wickedness threatens to veer off into the forbidden territory of racial differences. Thus, even if today's Whites can find in their hearts no desire to oppress blacks, yesterday's Whites must have oppressed them. If Whites do not consciously oppress blacks, they must oppress them Unconsciously. If no obviously racist individuals can be identified, then societal institutions must be racist. Or, since blacks are failing so terribly in America, there simply must be millions of White people we do not know about, who are working day and night to keep blacks in misery. The dogma of racial equality leaves no room for an explanation of black failure that is not, in some fashion, an indictment of White people.

Big D, not all blacks fail; of course you know that. The ones who succeed have assimilated into the dominant culture.

People aren't really oppressed as a matter of race per se (i.e., the color of someone's skin). Cultural differences often prevent people from succeeding.

One important issue that relates to success is language. The idea that one might be able to succeed in business, for example, while speaking dialect English (some version of black English) is preposterous. Culturally, most people from the dominant culture know that to enter corporate America, the loci of success, one must speak standard English. There are no exceptions. A culture that builds refusal to do so into itself will fail in corporate America.

Essentially that's what Bill Cosby was trying to tell his Afro-American counterparts--but they didn't want to hear it.

This goes back to cultural relativism, the idea that all cultures are OK no matter what their ethos and that it's wrong to judge another culture. In some cultures, for example, it's perfectly OK to have 56 wives, kill infants, eat the dead, or beat women--and there are those who believe no judgment can be applied because it's "all relative." Well, it isn't relative: welcome to the USA where all of the things listed previously will be judged as wrong. And speaking proper standard English is, frankly, the only game in town.

Every culture has its standards, and this happens to be a mostly Anglo-European culture where we use standard English in the business world, for example, and to succeed one must be fluent.
This is a cultural issue, and isn't about race at all!

Forum List

Back