Kerry Praises Gangsta Rap

Kerry states we should listen to rap because its important? What about listening to Black Sabbath? - Maybe ole Ozzy was saying something important too?
Marilyn Manson? - I am sure he has loads of important 'poetry' to speak...

At any rate, I can picture John Kerry sitting at home in one of his mansions jumping around to LL Cool J....wearing dark shades, oversized jeans and a long French playing soccer team shirt dangling down to his knees....

Originally posted by winston churchi
Kerry states we should listen to rap because its important? What about listening to Black Sabbath? - Maybe ole Ozzy was saying something important too?
Marilyn Manson? - I am sure he has loads of important 'poetry' to speak...

I wonder what Tipper Gore thinks of the rap music?

pandering to the lowest denominator. This guy has no end does he? Man i swear.....Kerry better not get elected.....otherwise....I'm......going to have.........to.....(the rest of this statement has been deleted by the Secret Service and an investigation is underway):D

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Tipper Whore...I mean Gore is a major asshole! Rap of any sorts just plain sucks! :D

Lesse....do I want to embarass myself by admitting to purchasing AND LIKING RunDMC, and early stuff from Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, and Ice-T .....not to mention purchasing Will Smiths first album a few years BEFORE he was known?

NO....better not....

Oh, crap....I was TYPING.....

Oh, Hi guys....I DO have Metallica, Johnny Paycheck, Skinny Puppy, Beethoven, James Brown, and a few other things.....Really!

A guy has to feed his psychoses you know.

I rejected Metallica in high school in favor of Black Flag, the Dead Kennedys and that stuff. I still love it all, but it was years later that I saw that METALLICA ROCKS!

Ahem.

Originally posted by William Joyce
I rejected Metallica in high school in favor of Black Flag, the Dead Kennedys and that stuff. I still love it all, but it was years later that I saw that METALLICA ROCKS!

Ahem.

I will take a wild stab and guess that Dr. Know is one of your all time favorites?

Never heard of 'em, but if you say check 'em out, I will.

I was just a skater punk in the '80's. Now I'm a friggin' lawyer. Go figure.

Originally posted by William Joyce
Never heard of 'em, but if you say check 'em out, I will.

I was just a skater punk in the '80's. Now I'm a friggin' lawyer. Go figure.

I am callin yer bluff.

:)

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
I think it was disgraceful that John Kerry would say anything positive about rap.

If Kerry had been a bit more intellegent he might have been more specific about what sort of rap music he enjoys as most of it is geared towards racial violence - men beating on women and so on - If Kerry said he enjoyed the rap music of Will Smith that would be fine - but to state he believes rap music is poetry? - encourage us to listen? - I think that may have cost him some votes in the end...
Not a lot of folks out there are too keen on the rappers such and M and M - and a bunch of others of whom I don't know - rapping about murder to name just one.
John Kerry has not found his audience sadly - he is a man trying to market himself but doesn't know quite who to market himself to so he is opening up to everyone. Bad move.

Originally posted by winston churchi
If Kerry had been a bit more intellegent he might have been more specific about what sort of rap music he enjoys as most of it is geared towards racial violence - men beating on women and so on - If Kerry said he enjoyed the rap music of Will Smith that would be fine - but to state he believes rap music is poetry? - encourage us to listen? - I think that may have cost him some votes in the end...
Not a lot of folks out there are too keen on the rappers such and M and M - and a bunch of others of whom I don't know - rapping about murder to name just one.
John Kerry has not found his audience sadly - he is a man trying to market himself but doesn't know quite who to market himself to so he is opening up to everyone. Bad move.

Hes a man with no principles or beliefs. Thats what you do. You market yourself to whoever will listen. Basically all he has to do is work his hardcore left base into a frenzy like dean and hed be able to ride the Hate Bush wave. But his pandering will gain nader some votes. It will also make some self-respecting Democrats that remember the days of FDR and JFK(true leaders of men) see through the Bullshit and vote for Bush(ie Zell Miller and Co.)

If Kerry had been a bit more intellegent he might have been more specific about what sort of rap music he enjoys

Guess I'm betraying my age, but give me Karen Carpenter any time.

What I need someone to explain to me is - how can you use the words "rap" and "music" to describe the same thing?

:p:

I've never been a big fan of rap, but "gangsta" rap is just trash. It talks of rape, murder, drugs, domestic violence, and many other unsavory topics. Gimme the Beatles or some Pink Floyd any day (BTW, I'm only 21).

Forum List

Back