Kerry plays politics to the bone...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/02/p...600&partner=GOOGLE&pagewanted=print&position=

Unlike Mr. Gephardt, Mr. Edwards had little experience in government when he entered the race for president. Mr. Kerry - when he was worried about Mr. Edwards's challenge - made little secret of his misgivings about Mr. Edwards's preparedness for the Oval Office.

"In the Senate four years, and that is the full extent of public life - no international experience, no military experience - you can imagine what the advertising is going to be next year," Mr. Kerry said of Mr. Edwards just before the Iowa caucuses, adding: "When I came back from Vietnam in 1969, I don't know if John Edwards was out of diapers then. Well, I'm sure he was out of diapers."

Mr. Kerry called Mr. Edwards that night to apologize. For his part, Mr. Edwards has at times been critical of Mr. Kerry's skills as a campaigner in talking to other Democrats, though he has been a full-throated Kerry supporter since dropping out of the presidential race.

One Kerry associate said that while personal interaction was critical, it would not be decisive; in the end, Mr. Kerry will look for someone who can make certain he can win.

"I don't think it's a great predictor," this aide said. "You have to have collegiality and trust. But if people picked their best friends, Ronald Reagan would never have picked George Bush."

Edwards is inexperienced when running against him. Now all of sudden he is experienced enough to be a breathe away from the Presidency? Kerry is too much of a politician to actually live in the real world let alone try to run the greatest nation in it.

Originally posted by insein
Edwards is inexperienced when running against him. Now all of sudden he is experienced enough to be a breathe away from the Presidency? Kerry is too much of a politician to actually live in the real world let alone try to run the greatest nation in it.

You have to realize this wasnt Kerry's decission. Kerry doesnt like Edwards that much as you can see. Edwards is the choice because thats who Terri told him to choose. And we all know who pulls Terri's strings. So the question is why would the former President want Edwards on the ticket. Maybe to find a way to slay them both in one outing.

Forum List

Back