Kerry over Hillary?

Wow - this thread is getting GOOD! I almost hate to interrupt the flow of it, but I would like to make one rather lighthearted observation:

I wish we COULD run Margaret Thatcher for President. She's got more balls than any of the Democrats; most of the Republicans, too - for that matter.

Interesting suggestion, Musicman. I worked for Margaret Thatcher's winning election campaigns in 1979, 1983 and 1987. She was a formidable lady and her strong support of Ronald Reagan helped to win the Cold War. She recognised what a great President Reagan was. Many doubted Reagan's grasp of detail but he was a very intelligent man with a great wit and some style. Who can forget, after the assassination attempt, him saying to the doctors in the hospital, "I hope you're all Republicans".

That's why I'm so disappointed in Bush. The man is genuinely dumb. Everything has to be scripted for him. People praise his strong leadership and sense of direction but strong leadership in the wrong direction is disastrous!

Plato said:
That's why I'm so disappointed in Bush. The man is genuinely dumb. Everything has to be scripted for him. People praise his strong leadership and sense of direction but strong leadership in the wrong direction is disastrous!

Ironicly that is exactly what people said about Reagan when he faced the Soviets head on. only after the soviets collapse was he vidicated.

Bush may not be Reagan, but I wouldnt underestimate his intelligence. liberals do that too much. Thats why he has been walking all over them for the past four years.

Merlin1047 said:
Sage, I would like a yes or no answer to this question:

Assume that a woman has just given birth. Do you believe that a woman has the right to kill the infant if she decides that she no longer wants it?

Just yes or no. No equivocation, no tap dancing. All I'm asking for is a straight answer.
I can answer that, absolutely NO!!!!!!!! We didnt have children, so I cant speak to that process.

I think this is all a moot point. Hillary cant run without a Senate seat and she has been keeping Guiliani's seat cold long enough.

Funny how things work though. If Guiliani hadnt had to drop out of that race for health reasons he wouldnt have been Mayor during 911. Who knows how things would have been different then. God works in mysterious ways. i just wish this way would have included giving Hillary the boot in 2000 as well:)

Don't be surprised at a Guiliani, Hillary rematch :mm:

honestly...I think most women are too emotional and sensitive to be President. This is because the job is so hard, and you are attacked (verbally) daily about nearly everything. I think I have a thick skin when it comes to that stuff, but I know that the job would be SO hard for me to deal with emotionally, because after a while, it would in fact get to me.

Really, I think men are better suited to be Prez, but with women in other office positions, there is the female perspective and influence. Besides, could you imagine the REAL chaos and such that would happen every month because of PMS? Or menopause?

fuzzykitten99 said:
honestly...I think most women are too emotional and sensitive to be President. This is because the job is so hard, and you are attacked (verbally) daily about nearly everything. I think I have a thick skin when it comes to that stuff, but I know that the job would be SO hard for me to deal with emotionally, because after a while, it would in fact get to me.

Really, I think men are better suited to be Prez, but with women in other office positions, there is the female perspective and influence. Besides, could you imagine the REAL chaos and such that would happen every month because of PMS? Or menopause?

You make a good point, but I would have no problem with Condoleeza Rice as president, however, other countries that look down on women may not be as co-operative with a woman president...Especially Mid East countries.

Forum List

Back