Kerry over Hillary?

UsaPride

Mar 13, 2004
NC
I have a serious question for Democrats or Kerry supporters. This is in no way meant to be rude, if it comes off that way, I apologize.
I keep hearing that Hillary Clinton wants to run in '08, possible rumors I don't know. I haven't really paid much attention to that. But she can only run if Kerry loses. Now I've talked to alot of Democrats that say they'd love Hillary as President, and alot of Republican and Independent women who also say they'd vote Hillary just to have a woman in the white house (I don't agree with this but that's just my opinion). Now, really, from a Hillary fan's point of view, would you rather have Hillary in the White House in just 4 years or Kerry in the White House possibly now, for possibly 8 years and then a possible Edwards running in 2012. I mean, is Bush so bad to you (especially compared to Kerry) that you'd risk losing Hillary for Kerry?

UsaPride said:
Now I've talked to alot of Democrats that say they'd love Hillary as President, and alot of Republican and Independent women who also say they'd vote Hillary just to have a woman in the white house (I don't agree with this but that's just my opinion).

I'm not a Democrat or a Kerry supporter but I'd like to respond to the above quote.

I'm a Republican woman and most of my female family members and friends are Republicans. We do agree on a lot of things and we disagree on some things. One thing most all of us agree 100% on is that we'd NEVER vote for Hillary Clinton for president! I'm surprised to see that you've talked to "alot of Republican" women who feel that way. I don't know any. Personally, I'd take Bill, Al AND John Kerry any day of the week before I'd take Hillary, and I've never voted for a Democrat in my life!

I'd rather have 8 years of Kerry than any further public service from Hillary...As a president? I'd vote Kerry because he's a man. Sad..but that's the deciding factor between those two pukes.

alo60 said:
I'm not a Democrat or a Kerry supporter but I'd like to respond to the above quote.

I'm a Republican woman and most of my female family members and friends are Republicans. We do agree on a lot of things and we disagree on some things. One thing most all of us agree 100% on is that we'd NEVER vote for Hillary Clinton for president! I'm surprised to see that you've talked to "alot of Republican" women who feel that way. I don't know any. Personally, I'd take Bill, Al AND John Kerry any day of the week before I'd take Hillary, and I've never voted for a Democrat in my life!

I think this is all a moot point. Hillary cant run without a Senate seat and she has been keeping Guiliani's seat cold long enough.

Funny how things work though. If Guiliani hadnt had to drop out of that race for health reasons he wouldnt have been Mayor during 911. Who knows how things would have been different then. God works in mysterious ways. i just wish this way would have included giving Hillary the boot in 2000 as well:)

alo60 said:
I'm surprised to see that you've talked to "alot of Republican" women who feel that way.
I was surprised myself. I wouldn't vote Hillary in just to have a woman in, as a matter of fact, I don't want Kerry or Hillary (ones probably just as dangerous as the other). But I have talked to alot of people (other message boards, real life, etc.) who would love to have Hillary in, so that's really why I asked the question. I think it's a shame that some of these ladies would vote for whoever had a woman on the ticket.
Just curious as to how others felt about Kerry over Hillary. :D

UsaPride - I think I remember another thread talking about Hillary and how you and I agreed how much we despise her. Just the looks on her is enough to want to hate her!!!! I can't even believe that wench is a Senator, let alone run for President. I might be female, but I don't agree with the "have a female for President thing" There are just some jobs to me, better left to a man.

hillary_mussolini.jpg

janeeng said:
There are just some jobs to me, better left to a man.
I didn't want to say it, but since you did, I'll just agree with you, LOL!! Janeen, does this make us sexist? LOL! :D

UsaPride said:
I didn't want to say it, but since you did, I'll just agree with you, LOL!! Janeen, does this make us sexist? LOL! :D

Damn--U2 better be careful where you say that stuff. You might find a teasing comb stuck between your ribs.! ;)

dilloduck said:
Damn--U2 better be careful where you say that stuff. You might find a teasing comb stuck between your ribs.! ;)
I aint skeered!! :terror: LOL!! You know, maybe one day we will have a female President, I just don't feel like this is the right time. I doubt it will be the right time in 4 years. I just don't feel comfortable with the thought. But, that's just my opinion. :D
teasing comb, LMAO!!

UsaPride said:
I aint skeered!! :terror: LOL!! You know, maybe one day we will have a female President, I just don't feel like this is the right time. I doubt it will be the right time in 4 years. I just don't feel comfortable with the thought. But, that's just my opinion. :D
teasing comb, LMAO!!
When Hillary runs I hope people agree with you. I can think of some women who could do quite well. It's a shame Hillary will be the first woman with a chance. :chains:

dilloduck said:
When Hillary runs I hope people agree with you. I can think of some women who could do quite well. It's a shame Hillary will be the first woman with a chance. :chains:
I honestly can't think of one woman I would vote to be President, simply because she's a woman. I just don't think our society is ready for that, maybe I'm wrong, but that's just what I see. Well, it would depend on who she's running against too, LOL!!
I could be wrong, but didn't we already have a female run for President like years and years ago. Seems like I seen a documentary about that on the History channel.

UsaPride said:
I honestly can't think of one woman I would vote to be President, simply because she's a woman. I just don't think our society is ready for that, maybe I'm wrong, but that's just what I see. Well, it would depend on who she's running against too, LOL!!
I could be wrong, but didn't we already have a female run for President like years and years ago. Seems like I seen a documentary about that on the History channel.

I agree with you USA. I personally would not want to see a woman for President in this day and age either. SUre,sometime,but definitely not right now.Can you imagne a woman running the country with all these women hating terrorists running around?The only woman I can think of right now that might be good is Condy Rice, We all know that would never happen though,first beause she is a woman,second because she is black. I think she is incredibly intelligent though and all women should look up to her.

krisy said:
Can you imagne a woman running the country with all these women hating terrorists running around?
Exactly!!!
The only woman I can think of right now that might be good is Condy Rice, We all know that would never happen though,first beause she is a woman,second because she is black. I think she is incredibly intelligent though and all women should look up to her.
I do think all women should look up to her, but I don't think we're ready for her either. Now, if SHE was running against Kerry, come on, she'd definately have my vote! Not because he's a Dem and she's a Rep. but because he's a dipshit and she's a very intelligent person!! I think she'd do a better job then he would!

UsaPride said:
Finally found what I was looking for, whew! LOL!!
According to her contemporaries, Victoria Woodhull was a woman 100 years ahead of her time. Although few have heard of her today, when she ran for President of the United States in 1872, she was one of the most famous women in the country. She advocated many things which we take for granted today: the 8-hour work day, graduated income tax, social welfare programs, and profit sharing, for example.

http://www.victoria-woodhull.com/whoisvw.htm
Very interesting read. :)

dilloduck said:

HAHAHAHAHA! I am shaking all over!!!

I agree with UsaPride all the way! I knew there was something I liked about you Pride!!! :beer:

I wouldn't have a problem voting for a woman for president, but that would never be the determining factor for me.

Im not claiming any affiliation....I am not gung ho for Bush or Kerry, and I am really surprised that alot of people so strongly support either one of them. I suspect that some people are not so much supporting their candidate as they are opposing the other candidate. Maybe we should just elect a president and have him or her be our PR person, sort of like royalty, except that we can elect them. We could have real people, elected or appointed, do the decision making in their own best fields of expertise. We could have people in our government with diverse ideas and personalities. We wouldnt have to settle for a "Package Deal " president. I wouldnt expect anybody with the qualities we expect our President to have, to lower themselves to the level of the absolute sham, or should I say scam, we call a campaign. Regarding Hillary, face it, this country isnt going to elect a woman prez. I think she is really intelligent, well most of these politicians are...... way smarter, or at least better educated, than the average voter. I think it would be great if we had Hil head a real health care forum....and it wouldnt matter a bit to me if she cared if gay couples could be married or not....dont need that to solve the health care problems. Leave that to our PR President :banana:

Forum List

Back