Kerry on abortion - P. Jenning's Interview

rtwngAvngr said:
Allow me to throw a monkey wrench in here.

What about the case of alien abduction, and it is feared a human female has been inserted with alien dna, harmful to humanity?

LOL I guess we can make allowances for that one :funnyface

DKSuddeth said:
its obvious that any woman who can't deal with 18 years of physical reminders of traumatic rape and assault is weak, stupid, and probably deserved it anyway. she should be forced to keep that reminder, it will make her stronger. :rolleyes:

There are many women who have kept their babies that were the result of rape and have been just fine. In fact, I remember seeing a book written by a rape victim who is now the proud mother of a 12-year old child that resulted from that rape. Not easy, but not impossible.
There are also many women who give such babies up for adoption.

gop_jeff said:
There are many women who have kept their babies that were the result of rape and have been just fine. In fact, I remember seeing a book written by a rape victim who is now the proud mother of a 12-year old child that resulted from that rape. Not easy, but not impossible.
There are also many women who give such babies up for adoption.

I'm sure there are, just as there are many women who have gone the opposite direction with suicide, abuse, and even murder after the child is born.

MJDuncan1982 said:
Deaddude,

What is your premise for being anti-abortion? Protect the life of the child?

No, my premise is that if you have unprotected sex willingly you accept the fact that you may sire or bare a child. If you would be unable to care for the child do him/her a favor and adopt.

If the mother cannot possibly survive childbirth then abortion might be protected on grounds of self-defense.

New Topics

Forum List

Back